Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1   Report Post  
Old April 25th 08, 08:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Nov 2007
Posts: 33
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspired taxrebate?

I hope I didn't miss this thread. Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO

  #2   Report Post  
Old April 25th 08, 09:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,029
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

On Apr 25, 12:15*pm, N9NEO wrote:
I hope I didn't miss this thread. *Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO


I'm getting an antique shortwave set in a wooden cabinet - you know,
one I can burn in the fireplace when the price of fuel is
prohibitively high this coming winter.

Bruce Jensen
  #3   Report Post  
Old April 25th 08, 09:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jun 2007
Posts: 138
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

On Apr 25, 3:15 pm, N9NEO wrote:
I hope I didn't miss this thread. Been busy lately.

I've ordered a FT817D to take camping.

How bout you?

Regards,
NEO


getting my wife something nice;

spending the rest on something like this . .


http://www.universal-radio.com/catal...able/0055.html

  #4   Report Post  
Old April 26th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2008
Posts: 291
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

dave wrote:

I bought an Eee PC.


How do you like it? WiFi performance? Screen size? Keyboard size?
  #5   Report Post  
Old April 26th 08, 03:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jun 2006
Posts: 8,878
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republicianinspire...

If you bought a little Eee PC, look on page 82 in the May 2008 Popular
Science magazine about how to turn an Eee PC into a speedy (quoteing a
line or two from the article in my snail mail May 2008 Popular Science
magazine) little beast that can run any program or OS.

Of course that could void the warranty if you mess up.
The article might be on line now or at Popular Science magazine's
website.
www.popsci.com
cuhulin



  #6   Report Post  
Old April 26th 08, 04:36 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,053
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

dave wrote:

If the Republicans would quit printing money for the Wall Street bankers
maybe the price of commodities would come down...



The Bank of England has more to do with the US Money Circulation than
the Republicrats.


http://www.save-a-patriot.org/files/view/whofed.html

============================================
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private
banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then
by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their
children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . .
The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the
people, to whom it properly belongs."

-- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill,
(1809)
=============================================


  #7   Report Post  
Old April 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Jul 2006
Posts: 2,053
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

m II wrote:
dave wrote:

If the Republicans would quit printing money for the Wall Street bankers
maybe the price of commodities would come down...



The Bank of England has more to do with the US Money Circulation than
the Republicrats.



A bit more on financial history:

http://www.iamthewitness.com/DarylBr...th_Bankers.htm






mike..

money from nothing, cheques for free...
  #8   Report Post  
Old April 26th 08, 04:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
external usenet poster
 
First recorded activity by RadioBanter: Mar 2008
Posts: 291
Default What kind of radio are you buying with your Republician inspiredtax rebate?

m II wrote:

============================================
"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties
than standing armies . . . If the American people ever allow private
banks to control the issue of their currency, first by inflation, then
by deflation, the banks and corporations that will grow up around [the
banks] . . . will deprive the people of all property until their
children wake-up homeless on the continent their fathers conquered . . .
The issuing power should be taken from the banks and restored to the
people, to whom it properly belongs."

-- Thomas Jefferson -- The Debate Over The Recharter Of The Bank Bill,
(1809)
=============================================


Amazing! Jefferson must have had a crystal ball -- he foresaw the the
Fed over a hundred years before it happened and the fix we now find
ourselves in, 200 years later, just like he predicted. :-(


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Kind of Radio is This? NotMe Radio Photos 5 December 29th 07 10:04 PM
Dougs AKC inspired ham test sideband CB 3 October 1st 04 12:02 PM
What kind of (2 way) radio is this? Homac Equipment 0 July 30th 03 04:43 PM
What kind of (2 way) radio is this? Homac Equipment 0 July 30th 03 04:43 PM
What kind of (2 way) radio is this? Toscano Scanner 2 July 30th 03 05:21 AM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2017 RadioBanter.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Radio"

 

Copyright © 2017