Old May 2nd 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Question for the group... (Receivers).

OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had). a post

on the yahoo groups on most popular desktop receiver got me thinking.

one commented on the brag lines added on the DX list on all the high

end receivers some use.

so, i'll start-

AOR AR7030+ my fav.

AOR AR3030, most used.

GOOD DX!.
Drifter...

--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists,
and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service."
Old May 2nd 08, 06:08 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had). a post

on the yahoo groups on most popular desktop receiver got me thinking.

one commented on the brag lines added on the DX list on all the high

end receivers some use.

so, i'll start-

AOR AR7030+ my fav.

AOR AR3030, most used.

R8 used the most, also have an R7, R8A and R8B.

I also have a nice thunderstorm overhead!

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old May 2nd 08, 06:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:

OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had).

I've been using the Ten Tec 320 for about eighty percent of the time in
the last while. There is a Yaesu VR-5000 next to it, but it's really
cumbersome to use with all the buried menu options.

I've been getting more satisfaction out of the Ten Tec.

Next month I'll probably dust off the FRG-7 and think about putting in a
cable for digital readout.

mike
Old May 2nd 08, 06:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Drifter wrote:
OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had). a post

on the yahoo groups on most popular desktop receiver got me thinking.

one commented on the brag lines added on the DX list on all the high

end receivers some use.

so, i'll start-

AOR AR7030+ my fav.

AOR AR3030, most used.

GOOD DX!.
Drifter...

AR7030+ My fav.

Ten-Tec RX350 used most so far.

But currently working with Drake R8A which is quickly becoming a fav.

Old May 2nd 08, 06:27 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Fri, 2 May 2008 17:14:45 UTC, m II wrote:

Drifter wrote:

OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had).

I've been using the Ten Tec 320 for about eighty percent of the time in
the last while. There is a Yaesu VR-5000 next to it, but it's really
cumbersome to use with all the buried menu options.

I've been getting more satisfaction out of the Ten Tec.

Next month I'll probably dust off the FRG-7 and think about putting in a
cable for digital readout.

I have been going retro now for awhile. My main receiver is a restored
Lafayette HE-10, another one that gets duty is a restored
Halllicrafters S-38, the portables a Panasonic RF-2200, Realistic
DX-440 and a GE Super Radio III. My main attention nowadays is MW
DXing.

Old May 2nd 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On May 2, 10:06*am, Drifter wrote:
OK gang, wanting to know: your favorite "Desktop Receiver". should

be a receiver you own and use most, (not one you wish you had). a post

on the yahoo groups on most popular desktop receiver got me thinking.

one commented on the brag lines added on the DX list on all the high

end receivers some use.

so, i'll start-

AOR AR7030+ my fav.

AOR AR3030, most used.

GOOD DX!.
Drifter...

--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists,
* and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service."
* - former FCC Chairman William Kennard (A real FCC Chairman,
* unlike the current Corporate Spokesperson in the job!)

Just being an everyday Shortwave Radio Program Listener
(SWL) my answer would be the Grundig Satellit 800
Millennium Radio because of the Sound, Size and features
like AM-Sync. The Icom IC-R75 Receiver get's play with in
difficult times; but most of my real Listening is on the GS800M.
~ RHF
Old May 2nd 08, 09:32 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

My favorite receiver is the Drake R8B, but nowadays I use my Lowe 225
(Europa) and Drake SW8 more frequently since I can move those around
more easily.

RK
Old May 2nd 08, 11:16 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Icom R-75;

& a 30 foot random wire ;co-ax lead-in.

( Also Sangean 606A & Degen DE1105, both great sets )

Old May 3rd 08, 03:57 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I probably use the Ten-Tec RX-350 more than any other when not under comuter
control due to the ease and convenience of the remote keypad. Otherwise
it's draw between the NRD-353Db and the Drake R8A, both mostly under
computer control (lthough I do love spinning that 353D knob).

--
Brian Denley

m...