Old May 2nd 08, 09:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Question for the group... (Receivers).

Count Floyd, do you get good reception with your Hallicrafters S-38? I
own a Hallicrafters S-38 EB in very good physical and cosmetic
condition.I bought it for four dollars at a Goodwill store about ten
years ago.The radio does work, I guess it could use a good tune up by
someone who knows how to work on those old radios.I never did get around
to hooking up a proper antenna and really trying out the radio.Which
radio is supposedly better, S-38 or S-38 EB? I really dont know the
difference.
cuhulin

Old May 2nd 08, 11:41 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

www.devilfinder.com Hallicrafters S-38 EB

(Hallicrafters Virtual Museum) Apparently, my Hallicrafters S-38 EB
radio is sort of rare, according to Hallicrafters Virtual Museum.The
radio does have a big straight across dial face, which is in very good
condition, so is the mahogany painted metal cabinet.The chassis/insides
of the radio looks good too.I dont know anything about replacing radio
capacitors and other similar radio parts, I would probally mess it up
big time.I wont try anything like that on such a nice radio.

My brother in law owns a big boat anchor radio.A few years ago, I saw it
sitting on a bench in his two story work shop/storage building behind
his house.He is a retired Air Force Colonel.No way! am I going to ask
him about that radio.He would give me that mean looking eagle eye
''look'' He might have a few more old shortwave radios too, for all I
know.
cuhulin