Old May 19th 08, 04:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC : HD-Radio Meeting the "Needs" of the Vast Majority of American Audio Consumers

In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article
,
RHF wrote:

On May 18, 4:05 pm, "tom k in L.A." wrote:
-
- I have 2 hd radios...one is a Sangean receiver hooked
- into my stereo and the other is the Sony tabletop hd radio.
- The sangean is great-- paired with the ccrane fm reflect
- antenna i get excellent reception in a midtown manhattan
- steel and glass midrise apartment building.
- CD 101.9 hd2 is great, 104.3 hd1 and 2 are great
- (2 is the deep cuts), to name just a couple.
-
- AM HD is really cool -- 710 am sounds like FM.
- 880 wcbs is impossible to receive
- (even regular signal in my apt).
- 1010 WINS is going HD AM later this month.
-
- The Sony had a noisy power supply so I sent it back
- - replacement/ repair is on the way.
-
- The Sangean receiver has been flawless. I really like
- the extra content on HD radio. Almost sounds like the
- jocks are programming the extra HD feeds for now,
- which is a blast.
-

Tom-K in L.A.,

You are a Shinning Example of a Satisfied Free Over-the-Air
Audio Consumer :

SNIP

And you are a shining example of a news group retard.

And this is an example of an on-topic post?

Yeah. What RHF posted is baseless.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 04:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default IBOC News : "Commercial Free" FM HD-Radio Is Now Available !

In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

om.
..
In article ,
"Radio Ron" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in
message

y.c
om.
..
In article

,
RHF wrote:

On May 17, 8:23 pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:

= S N I P =

- Nearly 100% of AM HD stations have commercials.
- And since the OP seemed to be referring primarily to AM HD...

BAD,

Nearly Yes -but- Technically Not 100% since there are
the National Public Radio (NPR) Station and the so-called
Public Radio Stations -aka- Non-Commercial Radio
Stations as a 'group' and they are as a group part of the
Early Adapters of IBOC and FM "HD" Radio with the
speciffic intent to be HD-2 Second Audio Channel
Broardcasters to better serve 'their' Listeners.
http://www.kpbs.org/radio/myrland_digital_radio
* NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf

Point-of-Fact - KOAL-AM 550 kHz in Portland, Oregon
is a "Commercial Free" National Public Radio Station.

Here are a few more "Commercial Free" National
Public Radio Stations (NPR) on the AM Radio Band
From the NPR Radio Station List
http://www.npr.org/stations/pdf/nprstations.pdf
* WILL-AM 580 kHz from the UOI in Urbana, IL
* WNYC-AM 820 kHz New York Public Radio
* WNED-AM 970 kHz in Buffalo NY
* WGVU-AM 850 kHz in Muskegon, MI
* WOUB-AM 1340 kHz in Athens, OH
* WXXI-AM 1370 kHz in Rochester, NY
* WSUI-AM 910 kHz in Iowa City, IA
* KOPT-AM 1600 kHz in Eugene, OR
Note - The State of Alaska has 8 NPR AM Radio Stations.

Remember the Primary Intent of IBOC and "HD" Radio
is it use and application in the FM Radio Band; and
Public Radio Stations are a major broadcaster on the
FM Radio Band.

-but- Even on a Non-Commercial Public Radio Station
you will still hear about there 'corporate underwriters'.
.
.
the truth is out-there - riding on a radio-wave ~ RHF
.
- - - the digital divide : i draw the line @ iboc 'hd'
radio - - -
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/In-band_on-channel
.
Find-Out-for-Yourself - Google Search Results :
HD-Radio - http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
Read-the-News-for-Yourself Google News Results :
HD-Radio - http://news.google.com/news?hl=en&q=HD-Radio
.
-
-
CopyRight © RHF {Radio High Frequency} All Rights Reserved.
.
Fair Use Notice : This Entire Message in Part or Entirety
may be Copied and Reposted on/in All Media : Provided
the Source the "Rec.Radio.Shortwave" Newsgroup and
the Author RHF {Radio High Frequency} are both identified.
-
-
.

Well news group retard I listen to NPR and I hear commercials all
the
time. You know the this program is brought to you by the $$$$
corporation.

Those are called underwriter announcements you dope.

The very first word used is CopyRight silly.

I never hear the word copyright on NPR dude...

But I do hear underwriter announcements

I posted about this "CopyRight © RHF {Radio High Frequency} All Rights
Reserved."

I was referring to: "I listen to NPR and I hear commercials all the
time."

Well I do. I hear it all the time on my local NPR stations.

Non-Comm's are forbidden from having commercials...that's why they have
underwriter announcements.

And reality is that there is no difference.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 19th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message

Non-Comm's are forbidden from having commercials...that's why they
have
underwriter announcements.

And reality is that there is no difference.

Check with a lawyer....there is.

Sorry bud, a private corporation pays and gets mentioned as supporting
the program. You think that's done for altruistic reasons? If it was
their name and what they do or manufacture would not be mentioned. They
want to be thought well of so you will buy the product or service. This
is very transparent and if you don't see it I don't hold much hope for
you. I don't care about the legalese.

Non coms can have "commercials" but there are restrictions on them, such as
no "call for action" and no price-item type ads. However, a commercial can
describe the merits of a business or product. An example would be Mercedes
can describe the design and careful attention to detail and safety and the
power of its engines, but not the $399 a month lease terms for well
qualified customers. It's an ad, but with restrictions.... very significant
restrictions.

As was said, check with a lawyer... any communications attorney can tell you
the differences between ads on a commercial and non commercial station.

Old May 19th 08, 09:17 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

[...]

They can tell a real Hispanic from a faux Hispanic such as yourself as well.

Old May 19th 08, 11:48 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default PONG : Telamon - Whiner Relies 39 out of 89 Posts ~ Newsgroup NoiseLevel 43.8%

On May 18, 9:15*pm, "Radio Ron" wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

* * * * * Five Star Snip * * * * *

Telamon -wrote-
- - - - Yeah. What RHF posted is baseless.

Radio Ron -wrote-
- - - Again, you set yourself up to be the arbiter of others....
- - - thats what makesz newsgroups disintegrate.

Telamon -wrote-
- - Hey knock yourself out then.
- - You deal with the RHF bull crap
- - and we will see how you do with it.

Radio Ron -wrote-
- easy.....'plonk!'

Radio Ron - Brilliant ! - now that was easy ~ RHF

Telamon - Please Get a "Clue" [ Filter It and Forget It ]

Telamon - Whiner Relies 39 out of 89 Posts ~ Newsgroup Noise Level
43.8%

=PS= Radio Ron - Looks like you have Acquired a . . .
Teli-Monkey On-a-String ! - You just Ping Him and
Teli predictably Pongs Back time and time again
-cause- Teli Can't Help Himself for He is a . . .
Teli-Monkey On-a-String ! -and- That Is What They Do.
--pps-- Enjoy Your New Pet ;-} :-}

Old May 19th 08, 01:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Radio Ron wrote:
"Telamon" wrote in message

And reality is that there is no difference.

Check with a lawyer....there is.

Check with a listener; a commercial's a commercial.

The NCEFM is less likely to talk about gun crime when the Olin
Foundation is writing the checks.
Old May 19th 08, 04:47 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on Sun,
18 May 2008 23:56:31 -0700, David Eduardo wrote: Begin

Non coms can have "commercials"

If it has commercials, it's not non-commercial,
regardless of what they say.
I remember back when there actually were non-commercial stations.

There certainly are commercials, but the content is severely limited.

From today's Inside Radio, a news item that defines to some extent what can
and can't be in a non-com's "underwriting" announcements which are simply
commercials without the hype.
Non-commercial station fined for plugging sponsors' products. Contemporary
Christian "92.7 The River" WCVZ, South Zanesville, OH is being hit with a
$9,000 FCC fine for broadcasting prohibited underwriting announcements in
2003. The case involves underwriters Tastee Freeze and Prindle-GMAC Real
Estate. In the Tastee Freeze instance, WCVZ asked listeners whether they are
"planning a special occasion" - a move the FCC says "might require use of
the underwriter's products." Owner Christian Voice of Central Ohio argues
the comments are acceptable because they don't contain price information or
calls to action. But WCVZ is fined because the FCC says announcements that
feature "comparative or qualitative descriptions, price information, calls
to action, or inducements to buy, sell, rent or lease" are prohibited. The
station has since converted to a commercial operation.

Old May 19th 08, 04:50 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Bart Bailey" wrote in message
In posted on Mon,
19 May 2008 06:02:44 -0700, dave wrote: Begin

Bart Bailey wrote:

I remember back when there actually were non-commercial stations.

http://www.pacifica.org/

KPFK unavailable in San Diego due to international jammer XLNC

Not true. KPFK is protected only to the extent of a conforming B contour,
which ends in deep Orange County. No LA FM is protected into San Diego
County. XHLNC is a legal operation.

Second, XHLNC (there is no XLNC) is moving to another frequency.

Old May 19th 08, 05:01 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

dxAce wrote:

They can tell a real Hispanic from a faux Hispanic such as yourself as well.

.....yawnnnnnnn....

Old May 19th 08, 05:02 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Was wondering what you all thought about HD Radio

Telamon wrote:

And how is our news group retard doing today?

.....yawnnnnn......