Old June 1st 08, 06:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - fellow IBOC-shill diputes your claims about AM ratings.

"Rfburns" wrote in message
On May 31, 9:46 pm, "David Eduardo" wrote:

Only two that turned it off are not back on, WABC and WJR. All others are
back. In any case, AM is beyond hope.

Eduardo - I can't believe you would admit that! I think therapy is
helping you. Keep up the good work!

I have said that Am is dying for a decade.

Old June 1st 08, 06:43 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"gallant17" wrote in message
On Jun 1, 9:59 am, Dave wrote:
Telamon wrote:
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message

Yeah they got the night time authorization but after one week most
stations turned it back off nights due to the huge amount of
interference.
Only two that turned it off are not back on, WABC and WJR. All others
are
back. In any case, AM is beyond hope.

You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings. I don't
think is was either of those two stations.

770 and 790 are both Citadel stations, as is 780. I doubt they want to
screw up the whole southwest with digital hash.- Hide quoted text -

"Citadel Halts AM Nighttime IBOC Operation Amid Complaints"

The subsequenly put nearly all of them back on.

Old June 2nd 08, 07:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.

KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Considering their 50 kW main lobe goes straight toward Ventura I'd say
your statement flies in the face of the physics of EM propagation.

WBZ's lobe goes straight towards Ventura too....but was never meant to be
reliably listened to there.

Same for KOH.

Old June 2nd 08, 08:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default FYI : KKOH-AM 780 kHz Ain't a Clear Channel - What's a Clear ChannelAM/MW Radio Station - Who Are the Clear Channel AM/MW Radio Stations

On Jun 2, 6:48 am, dave wrote:
Rrrado Rn wrote:
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.

- - KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

- Considering their 50 kW main lobe goes straight toward
- Ventura I'd say your statement flies in the face of the
- physics of EM propagation.

Dave - You Say What !

KKOH is North of Reno and 'serves' {covers} Reno, Carson
City and Lake Tahoe {Northern Nevada Metro}.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/KKOH
It's Signal Pattern is Attenuated to the East to 'protect'
WBBM also on 780 kHz in Chicago, IL }.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WBBM_%28AM%29

NOTE - WBBM was a Class "A" [1-A] Clear Channel AM/MW
Radio Station and KOH [KKOH} is a Class "B" [II-A] 'regional'
serving Northern Nevada.

FCC List of AM/MW Radio Station "Classes" and the
http://www.fcc.gov/mb/audio/amclasses.html
FCC's AM/MW Radio Channel Plan by Frequency

Night-Time 50000 Watt AM/MW Radio Stations by Frequency
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...namrp/freq.htm

1 - Predicted Daytime Coverage Area for KKOH-AM
on 780 kHz in Reno, NV [Map]

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D

The Day-Time "Lobe" is WSW toward Chico and Sacramento
and extending out to Santa Rosa and San Jose.
-ps- Ventura, CA is SWS from Reno, NV.

2 - Predicted Night-Time Coverage Area for KKOH-AM
on 780 kHz in Reno, NV [Map]

http://www.radio-locator.com/cgi-bin...atus=L&hours=D

The Night-Time "Lobe" is West toward Chico and Sacramento
and extending out to Redding, Santa Rosa and Modesto.
-ps- Ventura, CA is SWS from Reno, NV.

-source- Radio-Locator.Com
http://www.radio-locator.com/
® 2008 Theodric Technologies LLC

NOTE - The FCC's own Night-Time Signal Graph shows
an Area that would cover Western Nevada out to include
the California Central Valley.
http://www.fcc.gov/ftp/Bureaus/MB/Da...05396-2635.pdf

ABOUT - Clear-Channel AM/MW Radio Stations
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_channel
http://www.oldradio.com/archives/stations/ccs.htm
http://www.fortunecity.com/tinpan/bl...rp/amradio.htm

FCC Ruling - On 29 May 1980, the FCC Ruled to Limit
the 'protected' AM/MW Radio Signal for the remaining
25 "Clear Channel Radio Stations to a 750 Mile Radius
around the Transmitter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clear_channel#History
-ps- That Closed-the-Door on Clear Channel Radio Stations.

just setting the record straight ~ RHF
Old June 3rd 08, 03:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Rrrado Rn" wrote in message
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH
on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.
KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Tell Telemon that.

Your model is flawed.

KOH comes in just fine evenings at home or in the car.

And you are likely the only listener for 25 miles around. What a thrill.

Old June 3rd 08, 05:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Rrrado Rn" wrote in message
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH
on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.
KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Tell Telemon that.

Your model is flawed.

KOH comes in just fine evenings at home or in the car.

And you are likely the only listener for 25 miles around. What a thrill.

Then go join another newsgroup loser. If you don't care about the hobby
then what the hell are you doing here?

Faker.

You and your stupid sock puppets are a waste of time.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old June 3rd 08, 05:20 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Rrrado Rn" wrote in message
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get
KOH
on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.
KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Tell Telemon that.

Your model is flawed.

KOH comes in just fine evenings at home or in the car.

And you are likely the only listener for 25 miles around. What a thrill.

Then go join another newsgroup loser. If you don't care about the hobby
then what the hell are you doing here?

Listening to a nearby 50 kw AM with a 200 kw lobe in your direction is
hardly DX.

You and your stupid sock puppets are a waste of time.

You will be so kind as to identify the sock puppets, please. I did not know
I had any... although I do have the occasional mumbler idiot who posts using
a bad attempt at being me, on occasion, and then replies to himself.

Old June 3rd 08, 05:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Rrrado Rn" wrote in message
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH
on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.
KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Tell Telemon that.

Your model is flawed.

KOH comes in just fine evenings at home or in the car.

Where is KOH? I can't even find a listing for them on Radio-Locator.

Old June 3rd 08, 05:27 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Brenda Ann" wrote in message

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
dave wrote:

David Eduardo wrote:
"Rrrado Rn" wrote in message
You have got to be kidding. For about two weeks I could not get KOH
on
780 until someone turned off their IBOC noise maker evenings.
KOH was never meant to reach Ventura.

Tell Telemon that.

Your model is flawed.

KOH comes in just fine evenings at home or in the car.

Where is KOH? I can't even find a listing for them on Radio-Locator.

It's really KKOH. Like KKOB in Albuquerque, they drop the second K which was
added when the stations were sold away from their former TV-related owner
and the TV stations would not allow shared calls. KKOH is the direct
descendant of 630 KOH, the McClatchy-Beeline station in Reno.