Old July 3rd 08, 04:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Happy 4th to all.

Here is something to think about.

Happy 4th to all.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

Have you ever wondered what happened to the 56 men who signed the
Declaration of Independence?

Five signers were captured by the British as traitors, and tortured
before they died. Twelve had their homes ransacked and burned. Two
lost their sons serving in the Revolutionary Army, another had two
sons captured. Nine of the 56 fought and died from wounds or hardships
of the Revolutionary War.

They signed and they pledged their lives, their fortunes, and their
sacred honor. What kind of men were they?

Twenty-four were lawyers and jurists. Eleven were merchants, nine were
farmers and large plantation owners; men of means, well educated. But
they signed the Declaration of Independence knowing full well that the
penalty would be death if they were captured.

Carter Braxton of Virginia, a wealthy planter and trader, saw his
ships swept from the seas by the British Navy. He sold his home and
properties to pay his debts, and died in rags.

Thomas McKeam was so hounded by the British that he was forced to move
his family almost constantly. He served in the Congress without pay,
and his family was kept in hiding. His possessions were taken from
him, and poverty was his reward.

Vandals or soldiers looted the properties of Dillery, Hall, Clymer,
Walton, Gwinnett, Heyward, Ruttledge, and Middleton.

At the battle of Yorktown, Thomas Nelson, Jr., noted that the British
General Cornwallis had taken over the Nelson home for his
headquarters. He quietly urged General George Washington to open fire.
The home was destroyed, and Nelson died bankrupt.

Francis Lewis had his home and properties destroyed. The enemy jailed
his wife, and she died within a few months.

John Hart was driven from his wife’s bedside as she was dying. Their
13 children fled for their lives. His fields and his gristmill were
laid to waste. For more than a year he lived in forests and caves,
returning home to find his wife dead and his children vanished. A few
weeks later he died from exhaustion and a broken heart. Norris and
Livingston suffered similar fates.

Such were the stories and sacrifices of the American Revolution. These
were not wild eyed, rabble-rousing ruffians. They were soft-spoken men
of means and education. They had security, but they valued liberty
more. Standing tall, straight, and unwavering, they pledged: “For the
support of this declaration, with firm reliance on the protection of
the divine providence, we mutually pledge to each other, our lives,
our fortunes, and our sacred honor.”

They gave you and me a free and independent America. The history books
never told you a lot of what happened in the Revolutionary War. We
didn’t just fight the British. We were British subjects at that time
and we fought our own government! Some of us take these liberties so
much for granted...We shouldn’t.

So, take a couple of minutes while enjoying your 4th of July holiday
and silently thank these patriots. It’s not much to ask for the price
they paid and remember todays enemies are tomorrows allies.

--
"Regulatory capitalism is when companies invest in lawyers, lobbyists,
and politicians, instead of plant, people, and customer service."
Old July 3rd 08, 09:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Happy Independence Day to All

On Thu, 03 Jul 2008 11:57:04 -0400, Drifter wrote:

Here is something to think about.

Happy 4th to all.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should
not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all
experience hath shewn, that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while
evils are sufferable, than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to
which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and
usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to
reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their
duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their
future security...

The history of the present King of Great Britain is a history of repeated
injuries and usurpations, all having in direct object the establishment
of an absolute Tyranny over these States. To prove this, let Facts be
submitted to a candid world.

He has refused his Assent to Laws, the most wholesome and necessary
for the public good.
He has forbidden his Governors to pass Laws of immediate and pressing
importance, unless suspended in their operation till his Assent should be
obtained; and when so suspended, he has utterly neglected to attend to
them.
He has refused to pass other Laws for the accommodation of large
districts of people, unless those people would relinquish the right of
Representation in the Legislature, a right inestimable to them and
formidable to tyrants only.
He has called together legislative bodies at places unusual,
uncomfortable, and distant from the depository of their public Records,
for the sole purpose of fatiguing them into compliance with his measures.
He has dissolved Representative Houses repeatedly, for opposing with
manly firmness his invasions on the rights of the people.
He has refused for a long time, after such dissolutions, to cause
others to be elected; whereby the Legislative powers, incapable of
Annihilation, have returned to the People at large for their exercise;
the State remaining in the mean time exposed to all the dangers of
invasion from without, and convulsions within.
He has endeavoured to prevent the population of these States; for
that purpose obstructing the Laws for Naturalization of Foreigners;
refusing to pass others to encourage their migrations hither, and raising
the conditions of new Appropriations of Lands.
He has obstructed the Administration of Justice, by refusing his
Assent to Laws for establishing Judiciary powers.
He has made Judges dependent on his Will alone, for the tenure of
their offices, and the amount and payment of their salaries.
He has erected a multitude of New Offices, and sent hither swarms of
Officers to harrass our people, and eat out their substance.
He has kept among us, in times of peace, Standing Armies without the
Consent of our legislatures.
He has affected to render the Military independent of and superior to
the Civil power.
He has combined with others to subject us to a jurisdiction foreign
to our constitution, and unacknowledged by our laws; giving his Assent to
their Acts of pretended Legislation:

For Quartering large bodies of armed troops among us:
For protecting them, by a mock Trial, from punishment for any
Murders which they should commit on the Inhabitants of these States:
For cutting off our Trade with all parts of the world:
For imposing Taxes on us without our Consent:
For depriving us in many cases, of the benefits of Trial by Jury:
For transporting us beyond Seas to be tried for pretended offences
For abolishing the free System of English Laws in a neighbouring
Province, establishing therein an Arbitrary government, and enlarging its
Boundaries so as to render it at once an example and fit instrument for
introducing the same absolute rule into these Colonies:
For taking away our Charters, abolishing our most valuable Laws,
and altering fundamentally the Forms of our Governments:
For suspending our own Legislatures, and declaring themselves
invested with power to legislate for us in all cases whatsoever.

He has abdicated Government here, by declaring us out of his
Protection and waging War against us.

Impeach Bush.
Old July 4th 08, 04:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Drifter" wrote in message
m...
Here is something to think about.

Happy 4th to all.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

Hi, Happy July 4th to everybody that lives to the south of me ! LOL
I am looking looking foward to the week of July 13th as we ( my wife,
daughter and me) will be relaxing in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire
and doing a little DX'ing with my new Grundig G4 that should be arriving
tomorrow. Good DX to all, Frank in Montreal..................

Old July 4th 08, 08:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Jul 3, 8:38*pm, "Frank Halaburak"
wrote:
"Drifter" wrote in message

m... Here is something to think about.

Happy 4th to all.

GOOD DX!
Drifter...

* *Hi, Happy July 4th to everybody that lives to the south of me ! *LOL
* *I am looking looking foward to the week of July 13th as we ( my wife,
* daughter and me) will be relaxing in Hampton Beach, New Hampshire
* and doing a little DX'ing with my new Grundig G4 that should be arriving
* tomorrow. Good DX to all, *Frank in Montreal..................

FH - Enjoy your Holiday in the USA. ~ RHF

I had forgotten that a several miles of New Hamshire
http://freestateproject.org/communit...es/nh-map1.gif
borders on Canada and another several miles meets
the Atlantic Ocean.
http://www.adventureassoc.com/us/new...-hampshire.gif

Old July 4th 08, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Independence Day! Rebellion! Sticking it to King George?

RHF wrote:

Happy 4th to all.

Hi, Happy July 4th

Death to tyrants!

Old July 4th 08, 06:11 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

Default Happy 4th of July : American Independence Day To All !

On Jul 4, 6:54*am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:

- - - Happy 4th to all.
- - Hi, Happy July 4th
- Death to tyrants!

Dave - Whatever Makes You Happy this 4th of July ) ~ RHF
Old July 5th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Jul 4, 6:54 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
- - - Happy 4th to all.
- - Hi, Happy July 4th
- Death to tyrants!

Dave - Whatever Makes You Happy this 4th of July ) ~ RHF
.

He is only happy puffing on a bowl of mixed amphetamine and
hallucinogenic drugs.

Amphetamine all by itself is pretty hallucinogenic. But I only smoke
leaves of the hemp plant and drink pure rain water.

You are not just a pot smoker. That pot must be dusted with something
else.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old July 5th 08, 09:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"Telamon" wrote in message
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Jul 4, 6:54 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
- - - Happy 4th to all.
- - Hi, Happy July 4th
- Death to tyrants!

Dave - Whatever Makes You Happy this 4th of July ) ~ RHF
.

He is only happy puffing on a bowl of mixed amphetamine and
hallucinogenic drugs.

Amphetamine all by itself is pretty hallucinogenic. But I only smoke
leaves of the hemp plant and drink pure rain water.

You are not just a pot smoker. That pot must be dusted with something
else.

--
Telamon

You would know this how? Hmmmmm or have you been doing some pretty heavy
stuff
Ventura, California

Old July 5th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Telamon wrote:
In article ,
Dave wrote:

Telamon wrote:
In article
,
RHF wrote:

On Jul 4, 6:54 am, Dave wrote:
RHF wrote:
- - - Happy 4th to all.
- - Hi, Happy July 4th
- Death to tyrants!

Dave - Whatever Makes You Happy this 4th of July ) ~ RHF
.
He is only happy puffing on a bowl of mixed amphetamine and
hallucinogenic drugs.

Amphetamine all by itself is pretty hallucinogenic. But I only smoke
leaves of the hemp plant and drink pure rain water.

You are not just a pot smoker. That pot must be dusted with something
else.

You really need to get off this strange obsession of yours.

Happy E Day!!! Landshark CB 6 April 19th 07 02:22 AM
Happy Birthday, Daddy !!!! Happy Birthday, RFK!!! Thank you for showing me that most men are good, compared to Dave the faggot and his little buddy, Po... an_old_friend Policy 1 November 21st 06 04:50 AM
Happy 4Th To ALL! Landshark CB 14 July 13th 05 09:41 AM
Happy Steveo CB 5 November 26th 04 11:25 AM