Old October 15th 08, 08:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Default FS: Grundig Satellit 3400 Proffesional SW Radio & GE Superadio AM/FMfirst edition

For Sale: Grundig Satellit 3400 Proffesional SW/AM/FM receiver.
Includes original Grundig rechargable battery pack which does which
does not hold a charge but maybe could be retrofitted? Anyway, radio
is in good working condition. As you know this is one of the highest
rated Grundig Satellit recievers. Sensitivity is very good, even with
just the whip antenna. Has both analog readout and digital readout.
The only thing to note is that it seems as if the light on/off button
is permanently on. Not sure if it is a mod or the switch is just
broken. Also, the switch that switches between band 1 & 2 is broke
off but you can use your finger or a small screwdriver, etc. to change
between bands. I have saved the switch and it should be able to be
reglued. I will leave that to the buyer. Antenna is in great
condition and everything else works fine.

The GE Superadio AM/FM portable radio is model 7220-B. This was the
first
in the Superadio series, but was not baged as a Superadio. Fully
tested and In great condition with both antenna and battery cover
intact.

Asking $250 for the Grundig and $50 for the GE plus any additional
shipping charges. Please email with any questions or offers. I am in
the Portland, OR area.

http://i36.tinypic.com/2nsnbk0.jpg

http://i35.tinypic.com/2db6p7p.jpg

http://i33.tinypic.com/2j0i7iu.jpg

thanks,
JM
Old October 19th 08, 11:40 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

Watch out for this one folks. I answered the ad within 30 minutes of
posting and never even got the courtesy of a reply. Chalk it up to
experience.
rgds,

Mark S.
Old October 20th 08, 12:10 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

On Oct 19, 3:40*pm, wrote:
Watch out for this one folks. I answered the ad within 30 minutes of
posting and never even got the courtesy of *a reply. Chalk it up to
experience.
rgds,

Mark S.

Mark,

I replied to you that same night. Did you not get it? Here is the
email I sent to you (email addresses editited):

From: "Luke Perry"
Full-Name: Luke Perry
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 08:34:19 GMT
Subject: FS: Grundig Satellit 3400 Proffesional SW Radio & GE
Superadio AM
/FM first edition

Hello Mark,

Yes the GE is still available. I just made the post this eve. If you
let me know your
location I can get a shipping quote. I can't imagine it would be over
$15 in the US. I
can take a money order or a personal check written on a bank local to
me like BofA, WaMu,
Key Bank, etc.

thanks
Luke P

Old October 24th 08, 07:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave,rec.radio.swap

That radio will fly off the shelf at that price. He probably sold the radio
within the first ten minutes of listing it. The Satellit 3400 typically
sells for between 400 and 600 dollars, especially if the dial windows are
not fogged. While he probably should have let you know the item was sold, he
may have been baragged with a ton of e-mails.
In the past, I have put up a few things on this NG and have received
questions such as "why are you selling the item? what is wrong with it?"
Although your e-mails were actually sent out with the intention of actually
buying the item, he may have received many other e-mails that had no actual
substance.
A few years back, I sold a Yaesu FT-1000 that received fine, but it had
multiple problems from an indirect lightning strike.
I received all kinds of questions such as "what is wrong with it?" "why are
you selling it?"
"would you consider less money than the 200 dollars that you are asking?"
While all of these people were sending their questions to me, starting 20
minutes after I listed the item, it had already been sold within 5 minutes
of listing it.
The point is............you have to move very fast when you see a good deal.
I've been bitten at hamfests when I would see an item I liked. I would say
to myself "I'll buy it after I make the rounds". Of course, the item had
long been sold.
Courtesy for not getting back to an inquiry? Does it really exist anymore?
Unfortunately, not very often. Don't expect it, and you won't be
dissapointed.

Pete