Old December 21st 08, 11:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark!

In article ,
"Bob Campbell" wrote:

"David Eduardo" wrote in message
Actually, and since dxAce is clueless, it was because storing food was
unnecessary since the cook would go to the market each morning at 5 and
bring fresh things for the day.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Everything is
grown/picked/bought/caught/whatever fresh daily and not stored. Much of
the world operates this way.

BTW, saying dxace is clueless is like saying that SW or AM is dying.
Everyone knows this, but a few are still in denial.

You saying this make you appear clueless. DxAce is real sharp on the
hobby. DxAce may have a problem with Eduardo but he is not clueless.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 21st 08, 11:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
news "David Eduardo" wrote in message

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
m...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message

Here's a relatively easy question for anyone who is awa Why did I
not have a refrigerator in Ecuador for all the time I lived there?

Because the electricity was not reliable enough? No point in a
fridge
when the power is on only about 8 hours a day.

Nope. Not even close.

Not enough food to make one necessary?

Closer.

Actually, and since dxAce is clueless, it was because storing food was
unnecessary since the cook would go to the market each morning at 5 and
bring fresh things for the day.

Wow! The cook!

Thanks for another great tale!

See how little you know?

In the middle class, a family would have a cook, a maid and a nanny and
probably a gardener even if they did not have a car. And they would send
their children to private schools with no exception.

Small groups of neighbors would also collectively hire a "sereno" or night
watchman who would patrol up and down the block and blow a whistle as he
passed each house, each time, to signify all was well.

In the upper class at that time (Latin America is generally demographically
divided in A, B, C, D, and E socioeconomic levels, A being upper and B being
middle with E being barter/unproductive) it was fairly usual to also have a
driver / messenger, too. Most middle and upper income homes were built with
rooms for 3 to 4 servants, and even condos had room for two (the others
might be day workers).

The fresh food every day makes sense. My time in both coasts of Mexico
showed that to be the case but the condo's I stayed in were usually two
bedroom. The maids and other service workers lived in town just like
here. When I was looking at new home developments in Playa del carmen
they did not appear to have rooms for servants but I was always looking
in the tourist areas or nearby.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 21st 08, 11:31 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article ,
"David Eduardo" wrote:

"Bob Campbell" wrote in message
m...
"David Eduardo" wrote in message
Actually, and since dxAce is clueless, it was because storing food was
unnecessary since the cook would go to the market each morning at 5 and
bring fresh things for the day.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Everything is
grown/picked/bought/caught/whatever fresh daily and not stored. Much of
the world operates this way.

What amazed me when I worked in Argentina was that the local diet included
red meat several times a week, yet there is seldom to be seen an overweight
Argentine. The answer is that the cattle are range grazed, on natual grass
and not stressed or hearded all the time. Of course, it tastes much better,
too.

SNIP

Lean fresh meat with no hormones will taste better. I generally stick to
fish and poultry.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old December 22nd 08, 10:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

David Eduardo wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message

David Eduardo wrote:

[...]

Heck, I've blown the whistle on you, boy!

You 'owned' not one single radio station. Yes, you may have ingratiated yourself
with a station or two in Ecuador (having Mommie send records, etc.), and even
answered a few reception reports (never using the faux name 'Eduardo', by the
way, which would have been logical as you were in South America, but then again,
you did not adopt that shtick until c. 2000).

And, your claim to having an amateur radio license whilst in Ecuador is
completely fraudulent.

Since YOU claim that evidence to the contrary is readily available, then why do
YOU not obtain said evidence and post it on your website? (Hose-A and Hose-B are
standing by to fabricate that material for you!).

Who is clueless? It be you, 'Eduardo'.

Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! norml Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 06:21 PM
Eduardo - more FMs than AMs going dark! David Eduardo[_4_] Shortwave 0 December 18th 08 07:06 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code General 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Mark in the Dark Slow Code Policy 0 October 22nd 06 12:33 AM
Dark Matter Maximus Shortwave 4 March 16th 04 02:16 AM