Old February 10th 09, 07:53 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default AES still has Grundig E1XM

On Feb 9, 8:39*pm, SC Dxing wrote:

It is no longer in production. Even Eton has said that at the Las
Vegas show where they revealed the G8 and G3 this year according to
people who were there who wanted to know the status of the E1.

You can still buy it new, it's still covered under a new radio
warranty, but you can also buy a Sangean 818 or 909 new and they've
been out of production for many years now.

Too pricey for me but the E1 looks like a good radio, but like others
have said, some units were defective.

Don't contradict RHF! He'll bury you in meaningless URLs.

If you can find the E1 for under $300 on eBay and the seller indicates
that they will allow returns if you are dissatisfied, I think it's a
risk worth taking. I've had one I've used every day for the past 18
months that is one awesome radio. But, I did have to return the first
two I bought on eBay. I know others disagree, but I've generally been
happy with my eBay radio purchases.

Caveat Emptor,

Mike
Old February 11th 09, 12:05 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

That makes sense Mike, especially if someone is going to spend $300,
it should have a good return policy. I know you have quite a
collection so saying the E1 is good means something.

I don't buy from ebay but it's just a personal decision with me, I
like to touch what I buy. Old school I guess. Plus I don't have a
credit card, yea I know, I could maybe get a prepaid one if really
needed.

Do you actually use the XM on that radio????
Old February 11th 09, 12:44 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

"SC Dxing" wrote in message
That makes sense Mike, especially if someone is going to spend $300,
it should have a good return policy. I know you have quite a
collection so saying the E1 is good means something.

I don't buy from ebay but it's just a personal decision with me, I
like to touch what I buy. Old school I guess. Plus I don't have a
credit card, yea I know, I could maybe get a prepaid one if really
needed.

Do you actually use the XM on that radio????

The radio doesn't actually HAVE XM. It's got a port where you can plug in an
XM tuner (like all those beasties that have a port to set your iPod into).
You have to spend another $200 or so to buy the tuner and an antenna. The E1
just acts as a control head.

Old February 11th 09, 06:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF RHF is offline

On Feb 10, 4:44*pm, "Brenda Ann" wrote:
"SC Dxing" wrote in message

That makes sense Mike, especially if someone is going to spend $300,
it should have a good return policy. I know you have quite a
collection so saying the E1 is good means something.

I don't buy from ebay but it's just a personal decision with me, I
like to touch what I buy. Old school I guess. Plus I don't have a
credit card, yea I know, I could maybe get a prepaid one if really
needed.

Do you actually use the XM on that radio????

The radio doesn't actually HAVE XM. It's got a port where you can plug in an
XM tuner (like all those beasties that have a port to set your iPod into)..

- You have to spend another $200 or so
- to buy the tuner and an antenna.
- The E1 just acts as a control head.

That's $60 for the XM Tuner-Antenna 'Combo'
* Audiovox CNP2000 DUO
http://www.universal-radio.com/CATAL...able/0407.html

Plus about $13 per Month for the
XM Satellite Radio Subscription