Old April 19th 09, 02:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Ibiquity IBOC - no hd radio upgrade needed!

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:

I'm in Canyon Country. Telemon's in Ventura. Where be you?

San Diego county

I guess I could connect the 75' random wire to the BA Recepter HD and
see if it'll lock.

The radio is one of the Accurians that local Radio Shacks were closing
out recently http://tinyurl.com/dbl8db
I was using the small supplied loop last night hung from the ceiling
indoors and after fifteen or twenty seconds, sometimes less, it would
get a lock and hold it most of the time. I could tell when it reverted
back to analog because that's when the slight hiss returned, but that
didn't happen often.

I've only ever heard one MW HD station (710 from
North Hollywood).

You don't get KNX 1070 up there?

The Mexican under KFI seems to be absent lately.

I can't recall hearing that, but I'm not a KFI regular.

KNX has some significant skywave cancellation here in North L. A.
County. The signal varies quite a bit, but is not steady enough for the
IBOC to lock. I get 570, 610, 710, 1220 and 1260 the best (in the daytime).