Old February 24th 10, 05:30 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Alexander Haig Dies

On Feb 21, 5:30*pm, Bob Dobbs wrote:
wrote:
On Feb 20, 10:53*am, dxAce wrote:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/02/20/AR201....

dxAce
Michigan
USA

If I am not mistaken , Haig went on TV the day Reagan was shot. *And
he claimed that 'He is in charge' !!!

John Hinkley was a prime example
of the need for firearms training in America's schools,
couldn't hit the broad side of a president at twenty paces,
had to get a lucky ricochet under the armpit,
bet that tickled!

--

Ever been shot Bob? Not shot at - but actually been capped?
Old February 24th 10, 05:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 22, 11:43*pm, "D. Peter Maus"
wrote:
On 2/22/10 22:24 , ElChino wrote:

wrote:

The Fighting Sullivans movie has started on the TCM channel, right now..
The meaning of that movie doesn't mean squat to the Pentagon.I am living
proof of that.

Yes, the fact that simulating insane to avoid the death-penalty for coward
actions in wartimes, doesn't have an impact on the guys in Pentagon. You're
a very good comedian here, but you cannot fool the professional foxes
out there.

* Actually, he probably could.

Ha - I agree. :-D

Old February 24th 10, 05:47 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Feb 23, 8:46*am, "ElChino" wrote:
wrote:
* * * * *Gen. Smedley Butler has expired suddenly, he was not in bad
health prior to that. *So much for the conspiracy theories...

"Suddenly" ?? He died 60 years ago.

I meant to say he was in great shape throughout his entire life. And
he passed away very shortly after checking into a hospital that
declared his condition incurable. This was in June1940. Almost 70
years ago. Wonder if the Fall of France was making him worse.
Old February 24th 10, 03:58 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

It was a made in Canada DeHaviland U.S.Army Airplane (a very nice STL,
Short Take off and Landing, Airplane, by the way) I hopped on from
Shannon Wright Compound, near Vin Long, to Vung Tau.From Vung Tau, a
Helicopter to Soc Trang.I had to wait a couple of hours in Soc Trang to
catch another Helicopter going to Shannon Wright Compound.I liked those
U.S.Army Turboprop Airplanes.

I used to have a Vietnamese girlfriend (she and her sister were from
Rach Ghia, spelling,,, about seventy something miles Northwest of
Saigon) who worked at a bar across the street from the U.S.O.
I used to bring her sandwiches and Shasta (It Hasta be Shasta!) grape
soda pop, she liked grape.Her sister worked at the bar in a hotel just
up the street on the corner.I used to stop off there and drink a big
glass of Elephant's milk,,, GOOD stuff, Elephant's milk is.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 06:38 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Owl Gourdhead's Communist Connection.
http://www.rense.com
Article links to,
http://www.aim.org

Yep, he IS a Commie!
Why do some people say Owls are wise? They really are kind of Dumb
Birds.

Currently, 55 degrees inside of my flower box on doggy's front porch,
Lots of Bright Sunshine, but still kind of windy out there, wind is
moving at 20 miles per hour, according to the weather news guy at WLBT
channel 3 tv Noon News, that makes it feel colder.I reckon I will get
out there and work my hand saw below ground level on that stump in
doggy's front yard, for two or three or four hours anyway.I take me lots
of cig and coffee breaks though,,, because I CAN and also I DO!
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 11:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Have you ever heard of the Keys brothers, Meridian,Mississippi? They set
a Flight record which still stands to this day.From that, the Aircraft
inflight refueling valve was invented, also, VHF two way Radios too.

http://www.devilfinder.com
The Keys Brothers Meridian,Mississippi

Meridian is about seventy something miles East of doggy's couch, not far
from Alabama.About ten years ago, I bought a hardback book about the
Keys brothers, I bought that book at a Goodwill store.There is an
elderly gentleman I know, he and his wife live in Jackson, he was born
in Meridian, he used to go to the Goodwill store and the Salvation Army
thrift stores and other thrift stores in Jackson almost every day.When I
got through reading that book, I gave it to him.
cuhulin

Old February 24th 10, 11:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a like new Studebaker radiator temperature gauge, the kind that
screws onto the radiator in place of the radiator cap, like the old
antique cars used to have.Yep, I bought it years and years ago at one of
the Goodwill stores around here.
http://www.shopgoodwill.com

Those kinds of old style reproduction radiator temperature gauges are
still available, if you know where to look for them.Studebakers, Fords,
Chevys, Chryslers,,, you name it.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 10, 05:25 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Yeaiaaaaaahhhap,,, the Only GOOD politicians are .... politicians.That's
why Haig gets Better everyday!

I have some red beans and rice heating up in the microwave.Fixin to take
doggy out in the front yard for a few minutes to pee pee poo poo.Then
it's bedtime.It's been a hard days night.
cuhulin

Old February 25th 10, 01:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
I used to stop off there and drink a big
glass of Elephant's milk,,, GOOD stuff, Elephant's milk is.
cuhulin

[Barf]

(OT) Alexander Solzhenitsyn dies at 89. [email protected] Shortwave 6 August 9th 08 11:25 PM
CRI- Host Dies NDeveau Shortwave 0 July 19th 04 12:18 PM
Reagan Dies... dxAce Shortwave 32 June 7th 04 02:50 PM
FS Alexander Cheetah Conditioning Charger New WR Swap 0 June 2nd 04 08:28 PM
ICOM R-70 dies YODAR Shortwave 4 May 21st 04 07:52 AM