Old March 3rd 10, 04:40 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Been listening to KDKA AM radio in digital

For people who miss the 10:00 PM WAPT channel 16 tv news, there is a
rerun of the same WAPT 10:00 PM news at 1:00 AM Mondays through
Fridays.That isn't anything new, it has been like that for years and
years.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 10, 12:51 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
Radio Station KDKA

KDKA - Celebrating the Worlds First Radio Station KDKA Radio.
cuhulin

Actually, the first radio station was on the West Coast. Still owned by
the same pinball machine company.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/8944.php?

Old March 3rd 10, 12:57 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Brenda Ann wrote:
"Bob wrote in message
bpnjensen wrote:

KGO is in Fremont immediately adjacent to Coyote Hills Regional Park
and SF Bay NWR. The east side of the bay.

When approaching SFO from the south,
isn't that KGO's stick that looks alone on an island or some kind of
sandbar?

--

Operator Bob
Echo Charlie 42

Three tower array. 37d31m33.94s N, 122d06m05.36s W.

Google Earth is your friend.

fccinfo.com is my friend

http://fccinfo.com/MapIt5.php?lat_deg=37&lat_min=31&lat_sec=35&lat_di r=N&lon_deg=122&lon_min=6&lon_sec=2&lon_dir=W&datu m=27&calls=KGO(AM)&bubble=KGO(AM)br+%2FSan+Franc isco%2C+CA&city=San%2BFrancisco&Button=Map+It

Old March 3rd 10, 02:37 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
Radio Station KDKA

KDKA - Celebrating the Worlds First Radio Station KDKA Radio.
cuhulin

Actually, the first radio station was on the West Coast. Still owned by
the same pinball machine company.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/8944.php?

http://www.kdkaradio.com/pages/5855954.php

Can they both be the 'first'?

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/3497126.ph...nner_Div#imgXR

Old March 3rd 10, 02:49 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Bob Dobbs wrote:
dave wrote:
wrote:
http://www.devilfinder.com
Radio Station KDKA

KDKA - Celebrating the Worlds First Radio Station KDKA Radio.
cuhulin

Actually, the first radio station was on the West Coast. Still owned by
the same pinball machine company.

http://www.kcbs.com/pages/8944.php?

http://www.kdkaradio.com/pages/5855954.php

Can they both be the 'first'?

I suppose the title of 'first' depends upon how you define
'regularly scheduled' since Reginald Aubrey Fessenden was
undoubtedly the first man to transmit sound (mainly to very
surprised marine spark operators) via radio. That happened in 1900,
eight days before the dawn of the 20th century, and again with
better quality in 1906 -- but Fessenden's transmissions were
irregular experiments, repeated only a few times and not on any kind
of schedule.

It could be argued that Fessenden (who was also a pioneer in the
development of CW) was the inventor of both radiotelephone and
amplitude modulation. He also discovered the heterodyne principle,
very important for all of us here in rec.radio.shortwave!

With all good wishes,

Kevin, WB4AIO.
--
http://kevinalfredstrom.com/

Old March 3rd 10, 03:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 2, 8:40*pm, wrote:
For people who miss the 10:00 PM WAPT channel 16 tv news, there is a
rerun of the same WAPT 10:00 PM news at 1:00 AM Mondays through
Fridays.That isn't anything new, it has been like that for years and
years.
cuhulin

Cuhulin, you realize that the huge majority of people reading this
will not receive or necessarily have an interest in your local news -
right? I have not even seen a TV station that begins in "W" for
decades...let alone one in Mississippi...
Old March 3rd 10, 03:42 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

http://earlyradiohistory.us
News and Entertainment by Telephone

Telephones were sometimes used as Radios before the first Radio
Stations.

You ever heard/read about Nathan Stubblefield and his Inventions? I
have, many years ago.
http://www.devilfinder.com
Stubblefield

If people aren't interested in Radio Stations and TV Stations which
begin with W, why should they be interested in Radio Stations and TV
Stations which begin with K? Answer me that.
This is W Country around here.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 10, 04:22 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hear something! Get in Touch with God,,,, Tarn your Radio onnnnnn,,,,,,
http://wfmu.org/LCD/GreatDJ/index.html

But, waHatch out! it's one of them thar W Stations, and also, it's in
Joisey City too.
cuhulin

Old March 3rd 10, 04:56 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Mar 3, 7:42*am, wrote:
http://earlyradiohistory.us
News and Entertainment by Telephone

Telephones were sometimes used as Radios before the first Radio
Stations.

You ever heard/read about Nathan Stubblefield and his Inventions? I
have, many years ago.http://www.devilfinder.com
Stubblefield

If people aren't interested in Radio Stations and TV Stations which
begin with W, why should they be interested in Radio Stations and TV
Stations which begin with K? Answer me that.
This is W Country around here.
cuhulin

Well, that's not the point. This is a shortwave group, not a local TV
station news group.

Unless I tune in *on my computer*, I (and 99% of all the people likely
reading this newsgroup) won't know or care what TV news program you
watch, because we are too far away to receive it! So, why would you
mention it?

Doggy is fine; yuor screwy neighbors are fine; your posts about
interesting websites are fine, and your outdoor stump is fine. Those
are interesting things in *your* life, and we are happy to hear of
them because we care about *you*. However, nobody here cares what
time your local news comes on, because we cannot possibly receive it.
You realize this, right? That's why I never tell anyone about my
local news on KPIX. Nobody else talks about their local news, either.

Bruce
Old March 3rd 10, 06:33 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Watchinnnnn WLBT Noon News tv news.
Burt Case at WLBT said one of the guys who works in the tower at JFK
Airport brought his child to work with him.
http://www.liveatc.net

The little brat was directing Air traffic, he was talking (I heard it
meself, a few minutes ago, on WLBT tv news) back and forth with some
Airplane Pilots at JFK Airport.

Like I have said before,,, DON'T FLY!

I SAY AGAIN,,,
DON'T FLY!
DON'T FLY!
DON'T FLY!
DON'T FLY!
DON'T FLY!

Doggy and I have to watch Pancho Villa on the Western tv channel now, on
DirecTV.
cuhulin
DON'T FLY!