Old May 13th 11, 08:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default (OT) Tulip Time in Holland

Horse lips? I have two plastic thingys of Horseradish sauce stuff.
http://www.beavertonfoods.com
http://www.heinz.com
A little of that stuff goes a lonnnng way.Too much of it and it gets
HOT!
I have some little bitty red Peppers that will singe the lips off of a
Horse.HOT! stuff, it is.
cuhulin

Old May 13th 11, 11:04 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 13, 11:06*am, dxAce wrote:
bpnjensen wrote:
On May 13, 5:48 am, dxAce wrote:
It's Tulip Time in Holland..

I invite all to tune into WHTC, our local hometown station.

I believe the streaming audio is at whtc.com

The big parade is on Saturday afternoon.

Question - is this a little later than usual? *I recall that in New
England, tulips were frequently popping up through the snow as early
as April...

No, pretty much on time Bruce. We have had troubles in past years with the
tulips coming up sooner, but this year, they are pretty much on time.

Tonight, at a local venue, both B.J. Thomas and Gary Puckett of the Union Gap
will both be putting on shows.

Blooming uncooperative, they are!

The shows sound good :-)

BJ
Old May 13th 11, 11:05 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On May 13, 12:09*pm, dave wrote:
On 05/13/2011 09:46 AM, wrote:

Strangely, I am not sure I have ever seen any Tulips growing in Missy
Sippy.That is not to say Tulips will not grow around here, ergo I am
very sure they will.Almost every thing else grows very Good in Missy
Sippy.I have no doubt some people in Missy Sippy DO grow some Tulips.
Lets me check, I am sure Tulip seeds/plants are sold in the stores
around here.Maybe I will ask Garden Mama.
http://www.gardenmama.com
http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...in+Mississippi
cuhulin, the Tulips

But you can use a freezer in more temperate climes. I think I knew some
Houstonians with tulips. (Or was it Tunisians with horse lips?)

Buh-huh-huh-ut Wi-hill-bur!

;-)
Old May 14th 11, 12:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I believe the streaming audio is at whtc.com

The big parade is on Saturday afternoon.

If you ever go the the Netherlands (Holland) during spring, visit "de
Keukenhof": http://www.keukenhof.nl/

That is full of everything related to Tulips (and other bulb plants),
and for the gays: Amsterdam is not far away.

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl;
Old May 14th 11, 12:55 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I believe the streaming audio is at whtc.com

The big parade is on Saturday afternoon.

Sounds good! Hope you enjoy it -- it may take your mind off the fact
that your wonderful Michigan Repub governor is going to tax one of your
pensions...and give it as a gift to Business. ("Shared" sacrifice,
remember?)

But hey, if you or your fellow pensioners get "buyer's regret", maybe
you can sign his recall petition.

Old May 14th 11, 01:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

There are two Hollands (Provinces) in the Netherlands.North Holland and
South Holland.
http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...he+Netherlands

Some of those wimmins at the Goodwill store look on the bottom of some
of that stuff and they see where it says Made in Holland.I have tried to
tell them before Holland is not a Country.But they are stubborn, they
don't believe me.Airheads is what they are.
cuhulin

Old May 14th 11, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 14 mayo, 02:07, wrote:
There are two Hollands (Provinces) in the Netherlands.North Holland and
South Holland.http://www.devilfinder.com/find.php?...he+Netherlands

Some of those wimmins at the Goodwill store look on the bottom of some
of that stuff and they see where it says Made in Holland.I have tried to
tell them before Holland is not a Country.But they are stubborn, they
don't believe me.Airheads is what they are.
cuhulin

Hello Cuhulin,

You are right. The official name is "Kingdom of the Netherlands" and
Noord & Zuid Holland are provinces like Utrecht, Gelderland,
Friesland, etc.

The problem is that the name "Holland" (for "the Netherlands") is used
frequently, even in country abbreviations. In sailing (IOC country
code), we were "HOL" (now "NED").

So when a product mentions "made in Holland" it can be manufactured
everywhere in the Netherlands. Regarding Short Wave Radio, we have
"Radio Nederland Wereldomroep (RNW)", that's fine.

More strange things: the parliament is located in The Hague, but the
capital is Amsterdam.

With kind regards,

Wim
PA3DJS
www.tetech.nl
remove abc first in case of PM

Old May 14th 11, 01:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Rain here at the moment, and only 55 degrees.

I believe the streaming audio is at whtc.com

The big parade is on Saturday afternoon.

Old May 14th 11, 02:28 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

No plan at the moment to cancel the parade unless severe thunderstorms
threaten.

I think the parade kicks off at 2 PM EDT (1800 GMT). And from what I
understand, whtc.com may also have steaming video.

I believe the streaming audio is at whtc.com

The big parade is on Saturday afternoon.

Per the Weather Channel on Cable TV it's "Tulip Time" RHF Shortwave 2 May 3rd 08 10:18 PM
Bush in Holland Limburgradio.tk Scanner 0 May 7th 05 01:30 PM
FRS-Holland Mike Terry Shortwave 2 May 28th 04 12:33 PM
Holland On 990 AM John York Dx 2 January 2nd 04 03:22 PM
Holland On 990 AM John York Dx 0 January 2nd 04 02:48 PM