Old October 2nd 11, 11:15 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default SDR recommendations?

After the prior post mentioning SDR radios, and me seeing how they work
withe the web radios, I am now intrigued by the concept. There are several
DIY and assembled brands used, with SoftRock being among the best price.
However, SoftRock does not appear to be available at this time and several
other brands may be "retired" as well.

What would be recommended? I don't want to spend a fortune, but still want
decent quality, preferably covering the HF bands. SSB, AM, FM. I see a
brand called Elektor SDR offering assembled kits under $150 US. However,
some people have problems with setup and a weak receiver. Now they have a
preamp for another $75 or so.

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
Ted Ham

Old October 3rd 11, 12:06 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 18:15:12 -0400, Ted Ham wrote:

After the prior post mentioning SDR radios, and me seeing how they work
withe the web radios, I am now intrigued by the concept. There are
several DIY and assembled brands used, with SoftRock being among the
best price. However, SoftRock does not appear to be available at this
time and several other brands may be "retired" as well.

What would be recommended? I don't want to spend a fortune, but still
want decent quality, preferably covering the HF bands. SSB, AM, FM. I
see a brand called Elektor SDR offering assembled kits under $150 US.
However, some people have problems with setup and a weak receiver. Now
they have a preamp for another $75 or so.

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
Ted Ham

Wild ass guess:

Dave ham
Old October 3rd 11, 07:33 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On 10/2/2011 3:15 PM, Ted Ham wrote:
After the prior post mentioning SDR radios, and me seeing how they work
withe the web radios, I am now intrigued by the concept. There are several
DIY and assembled brands used, with SoftRock being among the best price.
However, SoftRock does not appear to be available at this time and several
other brands may be "retired" as well.

What would be recommended? I don't want to spend a fortune, but still want
decent quality, preferably covering the HF bands. SSB, AM, FM. I see a
brand called Elektor SDR offering assembled kits under $150 US. However,
some people have problems with setup and a weak receiver. Now they have a
preamp for another $75 or so.

Appreciate any thoughts on the subject.

Thanks,
Ted Ham

This may, or may not, be out of the price range you are willing to consider:

http://www.winradio.com/home/g31ddc.htm

And, here are some dealers you can make inquiries of:

http://www.winradio.com/home/usdealers.htm

Regards,
JS
Old October 3rd 11, 01:18 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:33:34 -0700, John Smith wrote:

This may, or may not, be out of the price range you are willing to
consider:

http://www.winradio.com/home/g31ddc.htm

And, here are some dealers you can make inquiries of:

http://www.winradio.com/home/usdealers.htm

Regards,
JS

I think he's looking for a simple RF system with a quadrature output for
sound card demodulation.
Old October 3rd 11, 01:24 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sun, 02 Oct 2011 23:33:34 -0700, John Smith wrote:

http://www.winradio.com/home/g31ddc.htm

And, here are some dealers you can make inquiries of:

http://www.winradio.com/home/usdealers.htm

Regards,
JS

http://www.wu2x.com/sdr.html

This is what I'm thinking...

Recommendations Namikis Shortwave 18 November 24th 04 03:48 AM
Need Recommendations for a New HF Amp Rob Dx 20 May 6th 04 01:24 AM
Need Recommendations for a New HF Amp Rob Equipment 22 May 6th 04 01:24 AM
Need Recommendations for a New HF Amp Rob Dx 0 May 3rd 04 11:49 PM
new cb recommendations? Joe CB 5 August 31st 03 05:36 PM