Old April 13th 17, 06:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 59 Tomahawk Missiles @ $1.4 Million Per Missile = $82,600,000cost to

On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 2:51:05 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

Kellyanne throws shade. ...I had never heard of that before.

It's was a new one for me also. But then I lived over 50 years of my life before hearing the verbs vet and vetted before listening to it being blathered daily by the talking heads it for the last 10 years. Vet was always someone who served in the military to me. Oh well call me old fashioned.
Old April 13th 17, 12:35 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Thursday, April 13, 2017 at 12:38:54 AM UTC-5, wrote:
On Wednesday, April 12, 2017 at 2:51:05 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

Kellyanne throws shade. ...I had never heard of that before.

It's was a new one for me also. But then I lived over 50 years of my life before hearing the verbs vet and vetted before listening to it being blathered daily by the talking heads it for the last 10 years. Vet was always someone who served in the military to me. Oh well call me old fashioned.

'Washington Speak' is the weirdest language I have ever heard before. theduran.com says, BREAKING: Israeli war planes bomb Syria
Old April 15th 17, 02:01 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 59 Tomahawk Missiles @ $1.4 Million Per Missile = $82,600,000

In article , writes:

[...]

Lyndon B. Johnson: August 1964, in Vietnam=E2=80=99s Gulf of Tonkin, two U.
S. ships were reported attacked. Johnson went on the air that night and spo
ke to the American people about the "unprovoked" attack and
the bombing response he ordered in retaliation against the North. In all,
he ordered 64 sorties, bombing a coal mine, an oil depot, and much of North
Vietnam's navy.

I cannot highly enough recommend the documentary _The Fog of War_ directed
by Errol Morris, especially for those around during the Vietnam era.

From Wikiquotes ( https : // en.wikiquote.org / wiki / The_Fog_of_War ):

McNamara: It was just confusion, and events afterwards showed that our judgment
that we'd been attacked that day was wrong. It didn't happen. And the judgment
that we'd been attacked on August 2nd was right. We had been, although that was
disputed at the time. So we were right once and wrong once. Ultimately,
President Johnson authorized bombing in response to what he thought had been
the second attack; it hadn't occurred but that's irrelevant to the point I'm
making here. He authorized the attack on the assumption it had occurred, and
his belief that it was a conscious decision on the part of the North Vietnamese
political and military leaders to escalate the conflict and an indication they
would not stop short of winning. We were wrong, but we had in our minds a
mindset that led to that action. And it carried such heavy costs. We see
incorrectly or we see only half of the story at times.

Morris: We see what we want to believe.

McNamara: You're absolutely right. Belief and seeing, they're both often wrong.

George

Enough said.

Old April 15th 17, 02:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

In article , I wrote:
In article
, writes:

[...]

Lyndon B. Johnson: August 1964, in Vietnam=E2=80=99s Gulf of Tonkin, two U.
S. ships were reported attacked. Johnson went on the air that night and spo
ke to the American people about the "unprovoked" attack and
the bombing response he ordered in retaliation against the North. In all,
he ordered 64 sorties, bombing a coal mine, an oil depot, and much of North
Vietnam's navy.

I cannot highly enough recommend the documentary _The Fog of War_ directed
by Errol Morris, especially for those around during the Vietnam era.

From Wikiquotes ( https : // en.wikiquote.org / wiki / The_Fog_of_War ):

McNamara: It was just confusion, and events afterwards showed that our judgment
that we'd been attacked that day was wrong. It didn't happen. And the judgment
that we'd been attacked on August 2nd was right.

In the same year as the incidents above, and just a few months after
Kennedy's death, someone very close to me graduated from the University
of Wyoming. In the associated graduation booklet was listed this military
science student who was also graduating:

George B. McClellan

The state's sole congressman at the time:

William Henry Harrison

Whoa! Who spun the dials on the Wayback Machine!

To venture even further from the topic at hand, my cousin
lived in that school's campus housing in that era as well.
No friend of the Republicans, he recounts a story of him
and some other boys cavorting with their bicycles in the back
yard of another resident, a certain Mr. Richard Cheney. And
learning first hand that even as an innocent child there were
certain people whose wrath you really, really did not want
to incur.

Not that it has anything to do with our narrative, or WMD's
that might have been spirited away from Iraq into Syria, or
anything like that.

But it is a small world.

George

Old April 15th 17, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 9:00:38 PM UTC-5, George Cornelius wrote:

To venture even further from the topic at hand, my cousin
lived in that school's campus housing in that era as well.
No friend of the Republicans, he recounts a story of him
and some other boys cavorting with their bicycles in the back
yard of another resident, a certain Mr. Richard Cheney. And
learning first hand that even as an innocent child there were
certain people whose wrath you really, really did not want
to incur.

Not that it has anything to do with our narrative, or WMD's
that might have been spirited away from Iraq into Syria, or
anything like that.

But it is a small world.

George

Dick Head "I had other priorities in the '60s than military service" Cheney.
http://www.rotten.com/library/bio/usa/dick-cheney/

Penis Cheney is a charter member of the PIECE OF **** Hall of Fame.
Old April 16th 17, 05:44 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 59 Tomahawk Missiles @ $1.4 Million Per Missile = $82,600,000cost to US Taxpayer. Yes Smedley, War Is Still a Racket.

On 17-04-06 09:57 PM, wrote:

Don't forget that over half the US govt. senators and congressmen have
shares in military armament suppliers. Every missile or drone used puts
money into these assholes' pockets.

--
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them!

Friedrich Nietzsche
Old April 16th 17, 07:34 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 11:45:21 AM UTC-5, m II wrote:
On 17-04-06 09:57 PM, wrote:

Don't forget that over half the US govt. senators and congressmen have
shares in military armament suppliers. Every missile or drone used puts
money into these assholes' pockets.

--
It is hard enough to remember my opinions, without also remembering my
reasons for them!

Friedrich Nietzsche

Vietnam. 'Lady Bird' Johnson owned some stock in Bell Helicopter company.
Old April 17th 17, 03:58 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Sunday, April 16, 2017 at 1:34:41 PM UTC-5, DhiaDuit wrote:

Vietnam. 'Lady Bird' Johnson owned some stock in Bell Helicopter company.

Her and LBJ became multi-millionaires on a government salary. Go figure.
The bitch also bought radio stations and shook down corporations to buy advertising time on them.

Lady Bitch buys radio station KTBC in 1943. See http://www.slate.com/articles/news_a...d_johnson.html

Both were so crooked they had to be screwed into the ground when buried.
Old April 17th 17, 06:19 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

On Friday, April 14, 2017 at 8:10:31 PM UTC-5, Georgy with the stupid last name wrote:
In article ,
The South fired on the North, not vice versa.

And Lincoln's stated goal was always to preserve the Union.

That's all right, you'll shoot your mouth off before knowing
the facts any time you want to.

George

You are even stupider than I originally thought. Put away your 7th grade
history book and shut the **** up. Lincoln was one of the biggest liars and tyrants in the history of the Presidency.

"The Gettysburg Address, the most famous speech in American history, is an absurd piece of war rhetoric and a poetry of lies. We were not “engaged in a great Civil War, to see whether that nation, or any nation so conceived, can long endure.” The South was engaged in a War of Independence from a tyrannical North, and after having legally seceded, wished only “to be let alone.” The North was engaged in a war of empire, to keep the South involuntarily under its yoke. Government “of the people, by the people and for the people” would not have “perished from the earth” had the North lost the war; on the contrary, it perished in the United States when the North won the war; for, freely representative government, by consent of the governed, is exactly what the South was fighting for and exactly what Lincoln’s military victory destroyed."
Continued at https://snapoutofitamerica.wordpress...nfederate-war/

Now put your dentures in backward and bite yourself Georgy boy. And while you
are at get me towel you broke dick old fart.