Old October 13th 17, 06:10 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default Authorities investigating Brother Stair over video taken in church

Authorities investigating Colleton Co. pastor over video taken in church

http://www.live5news.com/story/36575...aken-in-church

CANADYS, SC (WCSC) - -
A Lowcountry preacher is under investigation after a video surfaced that
allegedly shows him touching an underage girl during a church service.

The Colleton County Sheriff's Office and State Law Enforcement Division are
investigating the Rev. Ralph Stair.

The investigation into Stair began on Oct. 2 after the Colleton County
Sheriff's Office received a call about a video that came from a woman with a
relative who is reportedly a member of Stair's Overcomer Ministry in
Canadys.

A man who narrates the video says he used to belong to the church.

"He is a master manipulator and although he calls it a church, as a former
member let me assure you that it is a cult," the narrator says.

The narrator says the video is a collection of clips from church services
between July 1 and Oct. 1 of this year. The video appears to depict the
84-year old Stair telling a girl to get up and come to him.

"I'm gonna touch your, uh, what do you call them?" he says. The girl
whispers something into his ear. "I never heard them called that anymore. I
call them breasts. Lady has a problem with breasts."

In another part of the video, Stair calls up another girl.

"How old are you hon?" he asks her. "Twelve, getting right close to it now."

Then Stair tells her to come back up.

"Come here, I'll show you, just look, look here," he says.

Stair has the 12-year-old face the audience. In the video, Stair places his
hand between her breasts.

"Growing up," he says.

The video shows Stair cupping the 12-year-old's right breast. Then she goes
back to her seat.

"I'm gonna touch those things till nobody else can touch 'em," he says.

In 2002, Stair was arrested on charges of sexual assault for improperly
touching two young female church members.

Live 5 News reporter Harve Jacobs tried to ask him questions after his bond
reduction hearing.

"Rev. Stair, anything you want to say, sir?" Jacobs asks.

"Bless you," Stair responds.

"Are you running cult at that compound sir?" Jacobs asks.

"God bless you, sir," Stair answers.

Stair eventually agreed to plead guilty to reduced charges of assault and
battery and was given two 30-day sentences with credit for time already
spent in jail.

Access to Stair's compound is blocked by a gate. When contacted for a
comment on these latest accusations, an employee of Overcomer Ministry said
Stair was not available.

"You can leave your number," the employee said. "I'm not sure if he will
call you back but you can leave your number."

The sheriff's office has watched the video along with a second video in
which a 16-year-old girl claims she was molested by Stair when she belonged
to the church.

Again, no charges have been filed against the minister.

Copyright 2017 WCSC. All rights reserved.

Old October 13th 17, 09:39 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

More details he

http://www.christianpost.com/news/ra...ir-accused-of-
sexual-assault-congregation-watched-as-he-touched-12-y-o-202859/

The former member narrating one of the videos, however, describes the
church community as a +ACI-cult+ACI that preys on young girls.

+ACI-Ralph Gordon Stairs' MO is to prep young girls' minds to accept what is
eventually to become a sexual assault. He uses his influence, his
position and spiritual power to control them. It's only within the last
six months that he's beginning to do it publicly,+ACI the former member said.

+ACI-It concerns me that while listening to his recent speeches, he has
really began pushing that at the age of 13, a girl becomes a woman and
can start being with boys and has to watch out for boys. He obviously has
some young targets for him to be changing his narrative,+ACI he continued.

who is brother R.G. Stair? Chris Thacker Shortwave 11 September 29th 10 09:52 PM
Brother Stair googoo Shortwave 3 October 21st 07 10:34 PM
Brother Stair et al....? D. Martin Shortwave 1 April 21st 05 11:47 AM
Brother Stair on BBC Frequencies? Frank Dresser Shortwave 3 May 5th 04 03:23 AM
Brother Stair David Shortwave 5 July 18th 03 04:23 PM