Old October 23rd 19, 01:35 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default 428kHz airport beacon.

I work for a small company that builds tracking devices. One of the devices operates at 430kHz It is a TRF receiver so its tuned to one frequency. I would like to retune to 428kHz and try and get the 25W beacon at Pocahantas in Iowa. I am in New Hampshire so a little bit of a trek.

I have a 3' AM loop that I can hook front end to. I can build a bigger loop no problem up to about 8'x 8'

I would like to hear your comments concerning the probability of success with smaller loop, and any other input you may have on antennas and best propagation times and so forth. I am also interested in hearing if others have DX the beacons with any luck.

Thanks,
Bob
N9NEO

Airport Freq. Glenan Scanner 19 October 12th 05 05:17 AM
Anyone near Philly airport? Shawn General 0 February 5th 05 02:02 AM
Will my HT make it through airport security? AB7RU Equipment 12 September 24th 03 05:07 PM
Will my HT make it through airport security? AB7RU General 16 September 24th 03 05:07 PM
Will my HT make it through airport security? AB7RU General 0 August 11th 03 07:23 PM