Old October 1st 03, 01:47 PM
Dan Robinson

Default FS: FRG100B on Ebay

This is a great receiver:

Old October 1st 03, 09:31 PM
Soliloquy

Dan Robinson wrote in
:

This is not meant in response to this post, but actually in response to
the person offering the Yaesu FRG-100B.

THE RADIO IS NOT DISCONTINUED! Go to the Radio Netherlands, "Current
Receiver Survey" at http://www.rnw.nl/realradio/rx_current.html and
Viola!, the Yaesu is still listed as a current item. Go to the
"Discontinued Receivers" and it's not listed.

It was Radio Netherlands that seem to have started the asinine rumor in
the first place by listing the FRG-100 as discontinued. Being an
aficionado of Yaesu, I wrote to Yaesu to ask them if the receiver was
discontinued. Here is their response:

"Hello
Sorry for the run around. I don't know what the problem is but the FRG-
100 is still being made, sold and supported full swing. It has not been
discontinued. Honest!"

I then wrote to Radio Netherlands with this information and asked them to
correct their page. Several months later, the FRG-100B had moved from the
discontinued to the current category.

The Yaesu FRG-100B is a receiver par excellence. It seems that most
people in this country believe diversity is purchasing the same thing as
everyone else. I have the Yaesu FRG-100B and the Icom R-75. If I had to
part with one, I would part with the Icom. Not that it's inferior, not at
all, but with all the hoopla about the R-75 being so user friendly, I
have spent more time consulting the book on how to do simple things than
I did with the Yaesu, even though the operations seems a little more
cryptic with the Yaesu. Once you get the hang of it, it's fun to use and
a tremendous performer.

Regards.

This is a great receiver:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...051&item=30505
28293

Old October 2nd 03, 01:22 AM
Jenni_is_a_Whore

I think that Passport reported in their reviews a few years ago that it was
going to be discontinued.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Soliloquy" wrote in message
Dan Robinson wrote in
:

Old October 2nd 03, 07:11 AM
RHF

FO&A,

If the Yaesu FRG-100 has been discontinued then someone should tell
YAESU.

Yaesu still lists the FRG-100 "HF General Coverage Receiver" on there
'product' webpages:

http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=DisplayPro...&ProdCatID=103

* FRG-100 "B" = 110VAC

* FRG-100 "C" = 220VAC

~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Jenni_is_a_Whore"
= = = wrote in message ...
I think that Passport reported in their reviews a few years ago that it was
going to be discontinued.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Soliloquy" wrote in message
Dan Robinson wrote in
:

Old October 2nd 03, 12:55 PM
frank halaburak

It's also listed on the Radioworld website here in Canada
Frank
"RHF" a écrit dans le message de
m...
FO&A,

If the Yaesu FRG-100 has been discontinued then someone should tell
YAESU.

Yaesu still lists the FRG-100 "HF General Coverage Receiver" on there
'product' webpages:

http://www.yaesu.com/?cmd=DisplayPro...&ProdCatID=103

* FRG-100 "B" = 110VAC

* FRG-100 "C" = 220VAC

~ RHF
.
.
= = = "Jenni_is_a_Whore"
= = = wrote in message ...
I think that Passport reported in their reviews a few years ago that it

was
going to be discontinued.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Soliloquy" wrote in message
Dan Robinson wrote in
:

Old October 2nd 03, 12:56 PM
frank halaburak

= = = wrote in message ...
I think that Passport reported in their reviews a few years ago that it

was
going to be discontinued.
+++++++++++++++++++
"Soliloquy" wrote in message
Dan Robinson wrote in
:

Old October 2nd 03, 01:05 PM
frank halaburak

= = = wrote in message ...
I think that Passport reported in their reviews a few years ago that it

was
going to be discontinued.
"Soliloquy" wrote in message
Dan Robinson wrote in