Old January 22nd 04, 09:33 PM
Rob R.

Default Who repairs Sony 2010

I've got a Sony ICF-2010 on its way to me that needs some work. It has an
Error 3 code that displays intermittently and it won't play, but after about
half an hour it'll come on and plays fine...(according to the seller). It is
in great physical condition with box, manuals, etc.. Where would I send this
to get it checked out...Grove, CCrane, Sony itself (I've heard not). Any
suggestions will be appreciated. I'm in Oregon, but, can send it almost
anywhere in US if it's a reputable, reliable service who knows what they're
doing the first time

Thanks.
RR

Old January 22nd 04, 10:04 PM
Peter

I had one and if you say they won't touch it, try Sony Canada. That's where
I sent mine.

"Peter" wrote in message
. cable.rogers.com...
Try Sony

ink.net...

Old January 22nd 04, 11:55 PM
Stinger

You can get most Sony ICF-2010's repaired for $50.00 plus return shipping at
RadioLabs. Chris Justice (formerly the Chief Engineer at C.Crane) is there,
and will make sure the repairs are done right. Here's a link to the page:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html

-- Stinger

ink.net...

Old January 23rd 04, 12:55 AM
Rob R.

Thank you, thank you...just got this info but didn't know Chris Justice was
there. I'm familiar with his reputation, and for 50 bucks that's a
bargain...even if it's a bit more. Much appreciated.
73
Rob Robertson
KE6BGO

"Stinger" wrote in message
You can get most Sony ICF-2010's repaired for $50.00 plus return shipping

at
RadioLabs. Chris Justice (formerly the Chief Engineer at C.Crane) is

there,
and will make sure the repairs are done right. Here's a link to the page:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html

-- Stinger

ink.net...

Old January 23rd 04, 04:35 AM
RHF

RR,

First try the Sony ICF-2010 eGroup at YAHOO !

There are several simple fixes for the ERROR 3 Message that
you can do yourself.

If that does not work, then consider a repair facility like
RadioLabs.Com to FIX the Sony ICf-2010.
GoTo= http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html

Or, for a Fix and some MODs to the Sony ICF-2010 consider KIWA.Com.
GoTo= http://www.kiwa.com/sony.html

hth ~ RHF
..
..
= = = "Rob R."

Old January 23rd 04, 07:12 AM
grumpus

"Rob R." wrote in message hlink.net...
Thank you, thank you...just got this info but didn't know Chris Justice was
there. I'm familiar with his reputation, and for 50 bucks that's a
bargain...even if it's a bit more. Much appreciated.
73
Rob Robertson
KE6BGO

Rob, the "Error 3" problem was common to older model 2010's and was
due to poor battery contact with the terminals inside the battery
compartment. The 2003 (I believe) edition of Passport To Worldband
Radio published an easy alignment procedure to correct this problem
which you can do yourself at no cost and in a few minutes. Sony fixed
this minor flaw in later model 2010's.

Regards,

Grumpus

"Stinger" wrote in message
You can get most Sony ICF-2010's repaired for $50.00 plus return shipping

at
RadioLabs. Chris Justice (formerly the Chief Engineer at C.Crane) is

there,
and will make sure the repairs are done right. Here's a link to the page:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html

-- Stinger

ink.net...

Old January 23rd 04, 10:53 AM
TL Fort

On Thu, 22 Jan 2004 21:33:02 GMT, "Rob R."
wrote:

I've got a Sony ICF-2010 on its way to me that needs some work. It has an
Error 3 code that displays intermittently and it won't play, but after about
half an hour it'll come on and plays fine...(according to the seller). It is
in great physical condition with box, manuals, etc.. Where would I send this
to get it checked out...Grove, CCrane, Sony itself (I've heard not). Any
suggestions will be appreciated. I'm in Oregon, but, can send it almost
anywhere in US if it's a reputable, reliable service who knows what they're
doing the first time

Thanks.
RR

Do yourself a favor. Don't send it to Sony. I just went that route
with a radio. What a hassle. I looked at sending mine to Radiolabs but
could find little info about the guy. There is very little depth to
his website. He does have a few antennas for sale. I heard that he
actually works out of his garage. The picture on his website is not a
pic of his actual business. I had a hard time justifying sending a
2500 dollar radio to him w/o knowing anything about him. I think I
found one person that recommended him. On the other hand, he might be
the best tech in the world. This is just my 2 cents. I do know one
thing. Stay away from Sony.

Tracy
Old January 23rd 04, 04:59 PM
RHF

TRACY,

Why not try reading the Prior Posts on this Thread.

From: Stinger )
Subject: Who repairs Sony 2010
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2004-01-22 15:55:06 PST
You can get most Sony ICF-2010's repaired for $50.00 plus return
shipping at RadioLabs. Chris Justice (formerly the Chief Engineer
at C.Crane) is there, and will make sure the repairs are done right.
Here's a link to the page:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html
-- Stinger

Maybe you have not heard of Chris Justice...
Or, the "Justice" AM Antenna with Twin Coil Ferrite
http://www.ccrane.com/justice_antenna.asp
But most of the people on RRS have.

cigawuc ~ RHF
..
..
= = = TL Fort

Old January 23rd 04, 05:15 PM
TL Fort

I did. I still see no reason to send an item to Chris Justice. If he
is so well know, why is there no feedback when people ask about him?
I made a post asking about him and the quality of his work. Why did
you not speak up then? That said, I haven't seen a reason not to use
him either. But, I'm surely not going to ship him a 2500 dollar radio
without knowing something about the guy. Would you?

Tracy

From: Stinger )
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: 2004-01-22 15:55:06 PST
You can get most Sony ICF-2010's repaired for $50.00 plus return
shipping at RadioLabs. Chris Justice (formerly the Chief Engineer
at C.Crane) is there, and will make sure the repairs are done right.
Here's a link to the page:
http://www.radiolabs.com/repair/consumer.html
-- Stinger

Maybe you have not heard of Chris Justice...
Or, the "Justice" AM Antenna with Twin Coil Ferrite
http://www.ccrane.com/justice_antenna.asp
But most of the people on RRS have.

cigawuc ~ RHF
.
.
= = = TL Fort
wrote:

[...]

Opinions pls: Sony 2010 or Sony SW07 Rob R. Shortwave 2 January 2nd 04 12:01 PM
How much should I pay for a new sony 2010? tlin Shortwave 3 November 24th 03 09:01 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: Sony 2010 KE2WG Equipment 0 October 4th 03 11:43 AM
FS: New Sony 2010 KE2WG Shortwave 0 October 4th 03 11:36 AM