Old January 23rd 04, 01:02 AM
T. Early

Default R-8 on Ebay

Anybody done business with this person?

Very restrictive "as is" policy and a significant number of recent
negs--but folks are still bidding.

Old January 23rd 04, 01:16 AM
N8KDV

An R8 went just a little while ago for $315, Buy it Now.

Old January 23rd 04, 11:54 AM
patgkz

I know of two hams that have dealt with this guy.

One person got an item, not as described, gave him neg feedback. The buyer
was immediately hit with a neg feedback.

Other person got a receiver, not as described (in fact the radio never even
worked!....description said it played fine).....that buyer fixed the radio
himself (having the knowledge and parts on hand to do so).

This seller seems to be taking a calculated chance that embellished
descriptions will provide higher bids and returns/complaints will be low
since he will hit you (the buyer) with neg feedback in a vindictive manner.
You can see the pattern/track record on his and the poor buyers' feedbacks.

There will be other R-8's out there, just keep your eyes open.

If you really want an R-8: go to QTH.com and place a "wanted to buy" ad for
free. I have done this repeatedly for items that I need and have had good
success with great prices.

Old January 23rd 04, 12:06 PM
Jim Douglas

Read the negatives, sounds like the stuff worked but may have had scratchs,
etc. For example, on piece of equipment was listed as "Excellent", how you
and describe could be quite a miles apart.

Old January 23rd 04, 12:16 PM
TL Fort

It could be me, but the case looks scratched up in the pics. He says
it looks brand new to him. Some folks will describe fair as excellent.
The condition is often in the eye of the beholder on Ebay. There is
really no set standard. If it were me, I would steer clear of this
guy.

Tracy

Old January 23rd 04, 03:52 PM
Mark S. Holden

TL Fort wrote:

It could be me, but the case looks scratched up in the pics. He says
it looks brand new to him. Some folks will describe fair as excellent.
The condition is often in the eye of the beholder on Ebay. There is
really no set standard. If it were me, I would steer clear of this
guy.

Tracy

My first ebay purchase was from a guy who used to use phrases like "I can't see anything wrong with this" or "It looks beautiful to me".

I now know phrases like this in auction listings mean the seller is legally blind.

Old January 23rd 04, 07:59 PM
Brian Hill

"T. Early" wrote in message
Anybody done business with this person?

Very restrictive "as is" policy and a significant number of recent
negs--but folks are still bidding.

He put the screws to me on a deal. I'll never buy from him again.

--
73 and good DXing
RX:

Brian's Radio Universe
http://webpages.charter.net/brianehill/

Old January 23rd 04, 08:18 PM
TL Fort

On Fri, 23 Jan 2004 13:59:55 -0600, "Brian Hill"
brianehill@charterDOTnet wrote:

"T. Early" wrote in message
Anybody done business with this person?

Very restrictive "as is" policy and a significant number of recent
negs--but folks are still bidding.

He put the screws to me on a deal. I'll never buy from him again.

That's all I would need to hear to keep me from ever buying from him.

Tracy

Old January 23rd 04, 11:59 PM
Ken Wilson

"T. Early" wrote in message
Anybody done business with this person?

Very restrictive "as is" policy and a significant number of recent
negs--but folks are still bidding.

I have never done buisness with him but I have met him. He lives about 13
miles north of me.

He is/was a ham with a G4 call if memory serves me right ? He came to one of
our local ham club meetings a few years ago & said he was opening up a Ham
store.

I didn't give it much thought till I noticed his location on one of his
auctions & sent him a email wondering if I could stop by his place &
possibly purchase some items before he put them on ebay. He emailed me back
& said no, he only sold thru ebay ??????

73, Ken KG4BIG