Old March 15th 04, 03:02 AM
DxAce

Barry Carlton wrote:

"DxAce" wrote in message

So how does one respond to violence? Lay down and surrender?

One need not respond. Walk away. Or lay down and surrender if you'd
prefer.

I have but one thing to say... Sieg Heil

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

http://www.iserv.net/~n8kdv/dxpage.htm

Old March 15th 04, 03:08 AM
Barry Carlton

"DxAce" wrote in message

I have but one thing to say... Sieg Heil

Do you not think that at least a portion of Herr Hitler's screwed-up mind
was the result of his experiences in World War I ?

Old March 15th 04, 03:17 AM
T. Early

"Barry Carlton" wrote in message
u...

The general ignorance of many Americans of their own national

history never
ceases to amaze me.

Aw geez, almost forgot this one.

The general arrogance of non-U.S citizens who believe their knowledge
of our history--seen through the eyes, needless to say, of
professional leftists and all-purpose America haters-- to be superior
to -our own- knowledge of -our own- history never ceases to
amaze -me.- Particularly, of course, when those individuals would
probably be speaking Japanese or Chinese were it not for our
regrettably aggressive nature

Old March 15th 04, 03:35 AM
Barry Carlton

"T. Early" wrote in message
The general arrogance of non-U.S citizens who believe their knowledge
of our history--seen through the eyes, needless to say, of
professional leftists and all-purpose America haters-- to be superior
to -our own- knowledge of -our own- history never ceases to
amaze -me.- Particularly, of course, when those individuals would
probably be speaking Japanese or Chinese were it not for our
regrettably aggressive nature

I don't hate America.. I certainly don't agree with some of the things that
your country has done, nor many things that my own country has done, but
that didn't mean that I hate them.

Also am I not a leftist. I do wonder why the assumption that pacifism must
somehow be coupled to leftism is made so frequently.

Old March 15th 04, 12:23 PM
DxAce

Michael Bryant wrote:

Shaking my head in sadness,

Yeah, it is indeed sad when you can't back up your claims!

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

Old March 15th 04, 12:30 PM
T. Early

"T. Early" wrote in message
The general arrogance of non-U.S citizens who believe their

knowledge
of our history--seen through the eyes, needless to say, of
professional leftists and all-purpose America haters-- to be

superior
to -our own- knowledge of -our own- history never ceases to
amaze -me.- Particularly, of course, when those individuals would
probably be speaking Japanese or Chinese were it not for our
regrettably aggressive nature

I don't hate America.. I certainly don't agree with some of the

things that
your country has done, nor many things that my own country has done,

but
that didn't mean that I hate them.

Also am I not a leftist. I do wonder why the assumption that

pacifism must
somehow be coupled to leftism is made so frequently.

Although I intended my comment to be more generic, rather than aimed
in particular at you, I apologize if I ended up mischaracterizing
your place on the political spectrum as well as your view on the U.S.
While it's not necessarily justification for making a leap in that
direction, I'd suggest that some of the views you've espoused (some of
which IMO go beyond mere"pacifism") emanate with incredible frequency
from the left. Perhaps that accounts for the tendency to "couple."

Old March 15th 04, 12:45 PM
Volker Tonn

DxAce schrieb:

I guess I must ask in which countries the United States has been involved in
the indiscriminate killing of civilians?

At first in the "States" before they became "United"....
So it has a long history from the early beginning.

So what shortwave program you are listening to right now?
I'm just fiddling around between 6500 and 7000.

Volker

Old March 15th 04, 12:49 PM
N8KDV

Volker Tonn wrote:

DxAce schrieb:

I guess I must ask in which countries the United States has been involved in
the indiscriminate killing of civilians?

At first in the "States" before they became "United"....
So it has a long history from the early beginning.

So what shortwave program you are listening to right now?
I'm just fiddling around between 6500 and 7000.

Listening to 890, WLS Chicago...

Steve
Holland, MI
Drake R7, R8 and R8B

Old March 15th 04, 12:54 PM
Volker Tonn

DxAce schrieb:

I have but one thing to say... Sieg Heil

Come over here and tell this on the street and you will be imprisoned
immediately. Stil fiddling around with the dial...

Best Home Base Work Reynard Antenna 0 November 9th 04 07:11 PM
Should this design work? Michel Antenna 1 January 9th 04 12:42 PM
R/S Solderless BNC Connectors: How Can They Possibly Work Well ? Robert11 Antenna 10 November 22nd 03 11:46 PM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 28 October 30th 03 06:44 AM
Requesting Your Opinion on Boatanchors for AM work David Toepfer Boatanchors 0 October 25th 03 02:33 PM