Old March 27th 04, 04:18 PM
Burr

Default More Earthlink Crap

I had to use the chat link yesterday and I "think" it went to India,
the guy could help me and sent me to another person who looked up the
telephone number for the Philippines for me.
They asked what I thought at the end of the chat and I told them my
feeling about sending work to India then they sent a form today asking
again and I told them again.

I hope other Earthlink users are saying something

Burr

Old March 27th 04, 04:40 PM
Diverd4777

In article , Burr

Subject: More Earthlink Crap
From: Burr
Date: Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:18:26 GMT

I had to use the chat link yesterday and I "think" it went to India,
the guy could help me and sent me to another person who looked up the
telephone number for the Philippines for me.
They asked what I thought at the end of the chat and I told them my
feeling about sending work to India then they sent a form today asking
again and I told them again.

I hope other Earthlink users are saying something

Burr

- I am saying something, and in November, BTW...

Outsourcing Sucks.
Fire workers in the U.S,
Hire Dirt cheap labor abroad,

Big Boss pockets the Difference..

Old March 27th 04, 05:50 PM
Howard

On Sat, 27 Mar 2004 16:18:26 GMT, Burr wrote:

I had to use the chat link yesterday and I "think" it went to India,
the guy could help me and sent me to another person who looked up the
telephone number for the Philippines for me.
They asked what I thought at the end of the chat and I told them my
feeling about sending work to India then they sent a form today asking
again and I told them again.

I hope other Earthlink users are saying something

Burr

I made a financial statement to them this week - cancelled my service
with them. Their responses to my continually degrading connection
speed and dropped connections was that 1) it was a phone company
problem and 2) if I used their proprietary browser the problem would
clear up. Now, if it's a phone company problem how could their
proprietary browser solve that problem I asked - had the guy stumped.
Anyway, for the second time they promised to mail me the software, and
didn't and continued the mantra of "it's a phone company problem" so
now I spend $10 a month more than Earthlink and have DSL instead of
dial-up. Vote with your pocketbook.

Howard
Old March 27th 04, 11:40 PM
tommyknocker

Burr wrote:

I had to use the chat link yesterday and I "think" it went to India,
the guy could help me and sent me to another person who looked up the
telephone number for the Philippines for me.
They asked what I thought at the end of the chat and I told them my
feeling about sending work to India then they sent a form today asking
again and I told them again.

I hope other Earthlink users are saying something

Burr

You DO know that Earthlink is run by the Church of Scientology?

Pick up an issue of your local area computer magazine, which should be a
freebie like the LA Weekly (you're in Southern California right?) that
can be found in supermarkets next to all the new home and apartment
magazines. It should have a number of ISPs that are LOCAL, located in
LA, mostly small operations. My ISP is run by a husband and wife team
and their three dogs, and they do a good job.

Old March 28th 04, 04:12 AM
Stephen M.H. Lawrence

Last time I logged on to Earthlink's web chat customer "service,"
I got someone named "SridharG," and they *barely* spoke
English. It was *the* most godawful customer "service"
I've ever experienced.

I'll send you a copy of the conversation, if you'd like, Burr.
You might get a kick out of it.

73,

Steve Lawrence
Burnsville, Minnesota

Old March 28th 04, 06:16 AM
WShoots1

EarthLink is based in Pasadena, CA. They ripped off a friend of mine for $200+.
They had set up two accounts for her and were deducting payments for both from
her credit union account. She didn't pay any attention to the number of
deductions until she noticed her CU balance was lower than it should have been.

When she filed acomplaint, she got a number the first time. With no action, a
followup got a lady named Angela who kept in touch and was trying to get the
refund. Soon, the lady was gone, her computer records erased, and some guy in
India said the number first given was wrong.

When she did a Google search, she found all kinds of unhappy EarthLink users,
even wholeweb sites entitled EarthLinkSucks. com and such. G

Oh, and when she had the CU stop paying those, she got a bill from Earthlink in
the regular mail. Apparently, they are very prompt in billing.

Bill, K5BY