Old May 19th 04, 11:56 PM
RHF

FO&A,

FYI - Two more "Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas" are now available on eBay.

eBay Auction Item # 5700077228
- Bidders: 8
- Opening Bid $193.61
- Closing On: 21 May 2004 at 14:59:57 PDT

eBay Auction Item # 5700379822
- Bidders: "0" Zero ? ? ?
- Current Bid: $295.00
- Closing On: 23 May 2004 18:06:42 PDT

FWIW: This is just a "For Your Information" (FYI)
Posting for those who are looking for one of these
now 'discontinued' "Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas".

NOTE: These are NOT my eBay Auctions and
I am NOT 'promoting' these items For Sale.

~ RHF
..
..
= = = (RHF) wrote in message
= = = . com...
FO&A,

Another Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna just sold on eBay for $430.

Source eBay Auction # 3093937050 with 22 Bidders.

~ RHF
.
.
= = = (RHF) wrote in message
= = = . com...
FO&A,

In-the-News: For Sale (FS) / For Auction (FA)

"Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna" is currently listed on eBay.

Item # 3090264887

Please Note: That this is not my Auction.

SEARCH = Consumer Electronics : Radios : CB/HAM/Shortwave for 'kiwa'
KIWA=
http://tinyurl.com/2fcqq

fyi ~ RHF
.
.
= = = (RHF) wrote in message
= = = . com...
JP,

One of the Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas just sold on eBay for
only $426 with 18 Bidders.

For more information on the Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antenna goto:
KIWA-MW-LOOP= http://www.kiwa.com/kiwaloop.html
"Please Note: We have discontinued manufacturing the Kiwa MW Loop
Antenna due to the unavailability of PVC pipe at our new location."

hth ~ RHF
.
.
= = = "John Plimmer" wrote in message ...
Yes the Kiwa MW Loop is astonishingly effective. Often beats a well placed
1000 foot beverage.
It is now discontinued, but I think it last sold new for $350.
Now regularly sells used for $700 plus on eBay

South 33 d 47 m 540 s, East 20 d 07 m 541 s.
RX Drake R8B, SW8
BW XCR 30, Braun T1000, Sangean 818 & 803A.
Hallicrafters SX-100, Eddystone 940
GE circa 50's radiogram
Antenna's RF Systems DX 1 Pro, Datong AD-270
Kiwa MW Loop

"GO BEARCATS" wrote in message
Also got a 250 watt MW station Radio Jacuipe, Bahia, Brazil, on my Kiwa

MW
Loop.
That was 3,800 miles from the DX QTH

I've read some great things about that Kiwa MW Loop, isn't that the

pretty
expensive antenna? Like $250-320?

~*~*Monitoring The AirWaves~*~
*****GO BEARCATS*****
Hammarlund HQ129X /Heathkit Q Multiplier
Hammarlund HQ140X
Multiple GE P-780's(GREAT BCB Radios)
RCA Victor *Strato- World*
RCA Victor RJC77W-K(Walnut Grain)
1942 Zenith Wave Magnet 6G 601M
Cathedral/ Ross#2311/Rhapsody-MultiBand
DX100/394/398/399/402
OMGS Transistor Eight/Realistic 12-1451
Henry Kloss Model One/Bell+Howell
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Alpha Delta DX Sloper 57ft.
600ft. 12AWG. (non-terminated)
120ft. 12 AWG Sloper
2 Radio Shack Loop Antennas
Radio Shack Amplified Antenna
30X30 DiamondLoop(six section 830pf Cap)
* Diamond Loop mounted to Lazy Susan TurnTable*

Old May 24th 04, 09:52 PM
RHF

FO&A,

These Two "Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas" both recently SOLD on eBay:

Source eBay Auction # 5700077228 with 18 Bidders for $410 on 5/21/04.

Source eBay Auction # 5700379822 with 11 Bidders for $585 on 5/23/04.

Old May 25th 04, 12:40 AM
Richard

Yeah, they have good reviews. It would be great if we could see the circuit
diagram so we could homebrew them, perhaps the schematic is no longer a
comany secret and they might let us have it?

Richard

= = = (RHF) wrote in message
= = = . com...
FO&A,

FYI - Two more "Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas" are now available on

eBay.

eBay Auction Item # 5700077228
- Bidders: 8
- Opening Bid $193.61
- Closing On: 21 May 2004 at 14:59:57 PDT

eBay Auction Item # 5700379822
- Bidders: "0" Zero ? ? ?
- Current Bid: $295.00
- Closing On: 23 May 2004 18:06:42 PDT

FWIW: This is just a "For Your Information" (FYI)
Posting for those who are looking for one of these
now 'discontinued' "Kiwa MW Air-Core Loop Antennas".

NOTE: These are NOT my eBay Auctions and
I am NOT 'promoting' these items For Sale.

~ RHF
.
.
= = =

Old May 25th 04, 03:03 PM
Ron Hardin

Richard wrote:

Yeah, they have good reviews. It would be great if we could see the circuit
diagram so we could homebrew them, perhaps the schematic is no longer a
comany secret and they might let us have it?

It's in the manual that comes with the loop.

You're paying for mechanical construction as much as anything, which minizes
the received electrical field, which in turn deepens the nulls; and gives you
the ability to aim the thing with precision as well.

The particular regen circuit is very stable in addition, which must be
from selection of components.

As I said once, you do better up around this price range feeding
an ANC-4 with two antennas with some goodly separation; I use McKay Dymek
DA100E's. If they're big antennas, there's no need for them to be active,
I guess.

A loop (eg. Wellbrook ALA1530) and a whip can be co-located and combined
in an ANC-4 instead.

The ANC-4 trick gives you a V shaped null that you sweep from one endfire
to the other. In the case of the loop+whip, endfire is in the plane of the
loop. At endfire both legs of the V coincide; at broadside they open to a line.

--
Ron Hardin

Armed Forces Radio & Television Service (AFRTS) William Anderson Broadcasting 1 October 20th 04 03:45 AM
Technical Question: WBCQ Vs. AFRTS Sidchase3 Shortwave 5 January 19th 04 07:02 AM
AFRTS in Italy? S Shortwave 5 December 29th 03 08:17 AM
Coffs Harbour and district ARC webpage updated Axle Jack General 0 November 1st 03 10:57 PM
Hurricane Juan at Halifax Coast Guard and Harbour Nova Scotia Robert Maskill Shortwave 9 October 7th 03 03:34 PM