Old April 30th 04, 02:50 PM
Burr

Default I'm Cutting Back (OT)

Morning,
As some of you know I am getting married next weekend so, I am cutting
back on unneeded things as get ready to retire.
As you remember I cut out Earthlink DSL when I found out they were
using India's for help as I did Palm for the same reason, yesterday I
found out Verizon was charging me more then they had said they would so
I cut out both of my Verizon DSL's and cut out the Verizon LD Service.
This is saving me $70 a month just on the DSL and the LD has been
running $120 on each of my two lines and, is now fixed at $21.44 per line.
Another thing I have found, Phone Cards. They want $.18 to $.38 a
minute for most overseas calls even with a plan at Verizon but phone
cards cost $.07 a minute and you just have to dial a few more numbers.

SO, please note that my email is back to
Now, off to the yard for a days work.

Burr

Old April 30th 04, 08:00 PM
LW

Burr wrote ...

Another thing I have found, Phone Cards. They want $.18 to $.38 a
minute for most overseas calls even with a plan at Verizon but phone
cards cost $.07 a minute and you just have to dial a few more numbers.

Check out Sam's Club on the phone cards. We have got one there that's
3.8 cents a minute for ConUS calls. Use the came card for 7.6 cents a
minute to Canada and 14 cents a minute to the UK.

Might be good to other places, but these I've called personally.

BTW when the minutes run out, you can recharge them at the toll-free
number at the same price - 3.8 cents a minute ConUS.

Definitely worth dialing a few more numbers to get that rate.

Congrats on your upcoming "event". Our best wishes to you and your
new bride.
Old April 30th 04, 08:29 PM
Burr

Thank You

Old April 30th 04, 08:44 PM
Diverd4777

Morning,
As some of you know I am getting married next weekend

Burr,
Congratulations on your upcoming Wedding ! !

& Verizon does get it all confused, they take over some local company & then
forget they did & charge you too much.

Dan ( tuning in " Planet World News" on 7.415)

Old April 30th 04, 11:07 PM
Brenda Ann Dyer

"Burr" wrote in message
.net...
[...]

Whoever arbitrarily puts every incoming e-mail addy on a spam list at
Earthstink should be drawn, quartered, flogged and the pieces set of
fire....

Old May 1st 04, 12:09 AM
Burr

Brenda Ann Dyer wrote:

Whoever arbitrarily puts every incoming e-mail addy on a spam list at
Earthstink should be drawn, quartered, flogged and the pieces set of
fire....

Stick it in your ear

Burr (Mr. Wonderful)

Old May 1st 04, 12:15 PM
GO BEARCATS

should be drawn, quartered,

Brenda Ann!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ewwww, I saw that on a 'Faces of Death'.......didn't look very pleasant.

Matter of fact, a professor friend of mine (don't know how he'd *know* this,
said that is the most painful way of death.

I wouldn't know, as I am alive ;-) but it did look absolutely brutal, actually
that word didn't describe it. On a MUCH smaller note it reminded me of when
they did therapy some years back on my lower lumbar area and they hooked me up
to some barbaric looking traction thing.

I mean the thing literally had chains. She (the sick therapy girl) put a device
in my hand and said "If it (meaning the pain) gets to bad, just press this
button.

Me, being the tough-guy I thought I was said all barney bad -a** -"I won't be
needing that, don't worry about it."

She instructed me 'just in case.' Within twenty seconds if that, I mean- I
could tell as soon as it started 'seperating' me that I didn't like this mode
of 'therapy.'

It literally forced tears out of my eyes and I hit the button and it
s--l--o---w---(you get the pic) released off my lower area. I rolled off the
table and proceeded to yell at the top of my lungs at these two ladies and said
"Just look at that thing, it's barbaric looking."

She replied to the other lady 'therapist' that "Margaret, I didn't *THINK*
that was the proper type of therapy for him." I said "Think?.....you
*&^*&@^@52 are baked".....and proceded to finally get out of that building and
never went back.

Had to share the story, thanks B.Ann for 'bringing back' such a delightful
moment in my life. ;-P

Old May 1st 04, 02:44 PM
Burr

GO BEARCATS wrote:
should be drawn, quartered,

How do you "drawn & Quarter" someone?

Burr

Old May 1st 04, 02:50 PM
N8KDV

Burr wrote:

GO BEARCATS wrote:
should be drawn, quartered,

How do you "drawn & Quarter" someone?

...pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so
as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for
certain crimes"

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dicti...aw+and+quarter

Old May 1st 04, 03:03 PM
Frank Dresser

"N8KDV" wrote in message

...pull (a person) apart with four horses tied to his extremities, so
as to execute him; "in the old days, people were drawn and quartered for
certain crimes"

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dicti...aw+and+quarter

Dictionaries differ:

http://encyclopedia.thefreedictionar...nd%20quartered