Old May 7th 04, 05:36 AM
John Lyder

Default Air America down the crapper

Dam Commie's, Good for them ! http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm
Old May 7th 04, 05:38 AM
N8KDV

John Lyder wrote:

Dam Commie's, Good for them ! http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

LOL... it's just too damn funny!

Old May 7th 04, 05:49 AM
T. Early

"N8KDV" wrote in message

John Lyder wrote:

Dam Commie's, Good for them ! http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

LOL... it's just too damn funny!

They appear to be doing about as well as Franken's "Stuart Smalley"
movie.... "I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and, doggone it, people
like me!"

Guess not.

Does this mean Caribbean music will be back on the NYC outlet? Or
just that everyone on Air America will "volunteer" their services

Old May 7th 04, 05:50 AM
John Lyder

what a bunch of nimrod morons !!
ROTFL

-John

Old May 7th 04, 05:52 AM
Tom Betz

Quoth "John Lyder" in
:

Dam Commie's, Good for them !

What's Communist about Air America? I've listnened to them. They sound like
real patriots to me.

http://drudgereport.com/flash5.htm

Typically information-free Drudge.

Here's the whole Tribune story so far:

Air America Radio chief resigns

By John Cook
Tribune staff reporter

May 6, 2004, 6:01 PM CDT

In yet another sign of trouble for Air America Radio, the liberal talk
network entering its fifth chaotic week on the air, co-founder and chairman
Evan Cohen resigned Thursday, as did vice-chairman and investor Rex Sorensen.

The company also failed to make its scheduled payroll Wednesday, leaving its
staff roughly 100 radio personalities, writers, and producers unpaid until
Thursday.

"We're on a wild ride," said Jon Sinton, the network's president,
acknowledging that Air America has suffered "the typical bumps and bruises
faced by any start-up."

"But the bottom line," he said, "is that we are on the air to stay."

The departures of Cohen, a former Republican political operative from Guam
who was among the network's initial investors, and Sorenson, an investor who
owns radio stations in Guam, mark the second executive shake-up at the
fledgling network in as many weeks. Last week, co-founder and CEO Mark Walsh
resigned (he remains a senior adviser to the network) and programming chief
Dave Logan was forced out.

Replacements for Walsh and Cohen have yet to be named. Asked when those
executive positions would be filled, Sinton replied: "I wouldn't hold my
breath."

=======

Sounds like a start-up company having cashflow trouble. Also sounds like
their staff needs trimming by about 3/4. But it doesn't sound Communist.

--
"I am afeard there are few die well that die in a battle; for how can they
charitably dispose of anything when blood is their argument? Now, if these

Old May 7th 04, 05:53 AM
John Lyder

That and perhaps they will re-apply for there old jobs at Saturday Night
Live, since half the cast is walking.

Old May 7th 04, 05:57 AM
N8KDV

Tom Betz wrote:

Quoth "John Lyder" in
:

Dam Commie's, Good for them !

What's Communist about Air America? I've listnened to them. They sound like
real patriots to me.

Yeah, like that 'patriot' who's told you about how he got scratched in Vietnam
and now he's like a hero or something...

And how he threw his medals/ribbons/balls or whatever over the White House fence.

They sound like that don't they?

Old May 7th 04, 05:57 AM
N8KDV

John Lyder wrote:

That and perhaps they will re-apply for there old jobs at Saturday Night
Live, since half the cast is walking.

Walking cast.... LOL!

Old May 7th 04, 06:07 AM
T. Early

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
0...

Sounds like a start-up company having cashflow trouble. Also sounds

like
their staff needs trimming by about 3/4. But it doesn't sound

Communist.

I can't agree with the start-up analogy. They are hardly a bunch of
people who started in a garage with a dream and found themselves in
over their heads before working out the angles. They had a
considerable period of time to scope out this entire concept, get
people on board who knew what they were doing, and apply rational
business principles before beginning the entire operation. Apparently
they did not. The people behind it should have known better -before-
getting their feet wet. The fact that they are having this much
trouble this early on bodes badly because it calls into question the
initial knowledge behind the entire enterprise.

Frankly, I initially wrote off the carping from some conservative
broadcasters as sour grapes, but it's sure beginning to look like
they were right.

Old May 7th 04, 07:20 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"T. Early" wrote:

"Tom Betz" wrote in message
0...

[...]

This thing won't run past next December.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California

Voice of America used to emanate from Dixon Mike Terry Broadcasting 8 December 13th 10 09:51 PM
Shakeup At Air America Radio: CEO and Program Director Out Mike Terry Shortwave 12 April 29th 04 02:56 AM
Air America N8KDV Shortwave 6 April 28th 04 08:53 PM
Air America - where every flight crashes Stephen M.H. Lawrence Shortwave 4 April 15th 04 04:20 AM
Fwd: R Prague A 04 Summer Schedule WA4009SWL Shortwave 1 March 18th 04 07:32 PM