Old May 8th 04, 05:56 AM
Telamon

In article ,
"-=jd=-" wrote:

On Fri 07 May 2004 09:28:47p, ocom (Michael Bryant)

From: "-=jd=-"

When has Bush or Cheney attacked Kerry's military service?

Bush hasn't. Cheney and Rove made speeches last week about Kerry
and his service record. One of the top stories on Drudge. Look it
up.

It's still non-existent as far as I can tell. I am so far unable to
find on the Drudge Report site Bush, Cheney or Rove attacking Kerry's
Military service.

The closest I can find is a reporter who says Rove described Kerry as
a "condescending elitist whose blatant attempts to capitalize on his
Vietnam experience will ultimately backfire."

That doesn't knock Kerry's military service - it says Kerry is
foolish to try and capitalize on his Vietnam experience for his
campaign because it will backfire.

The Drudge Site also had this: ********** Although they have
questioned Kerry's Senate votes on defense and foreign policy,
neither Bush nor Cheney has commented personally on his service in
the Navy during the Vietnam War. Bush served stateside in the Texas
Air National Guard during the war while Cheney received five
deferments from military service.

In an interview with Telemundo, NBC's Spanish-language network,
Teresa Heinz Kerry said, "To have a couple of people, who escaped
four, five, six times and deferred and deferred and deferred calling
him anything regarding his service is in and of itself unpatriotic.
Unpatriotic." NBC's "Nightly News" aired part of the interview
Thursday.

Said Racicot: "Every time the discussion focuses on John Kerry's
Senate record of voting against weapons systems, voting against
support for troops in the field or his positions on both sides of
critical questions of national security, his campaign falsely claims
that his patriotism is being attacked." **********

The only time I hear of a candidate, or someone directly linked to a
candidate bringing up Kerry's military service is Kerry himself.
Though, tonight, I heard Kerry's wife dodging a question about her
husband's voting record by attacking Cheney's deferments. You have to
give her credit for sticking to the script.

It appears to me that Kerry needs someone (even if they are
manufactured) to keep his Military service in the spotlight. It's a
big part of his campaign. That may explain why you can't find Bush or
his administraion talking about Kerry's military service.

So, long story short - I can't locate any first hand report that
Bush, Cheney, Rove have attacked Kerry's military service. But they
have found his congressional voting record to be a "target rich
environment".

If you have a link, please share.

Bryant lives in his own scripted environment. If you call on him to
factually back up his claims he just ignores you.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old May 8th 04, 10:13 AM
RHF

= = = ...
From: "-=jd=-"

When has Bush or Cheney attacked Kerry's military service?

Bush hasn't. Cheney and Rove made speeches last week about Kerry and his
service record. One of the top stories on Drudge. Look it up.

MWB - Another Liberal LIE and Democrat DISTORTION of the Truth.

TRUTH - President George "W" Bush, Vice President Cheney and the
Bush Administration have not questioned John 'ff' Kerry's Military
Service Record.

FACT - What the have Questioned and Issue Valid Criticism about
John 'ff' Kerry's Voting Record on Military and Defense Matters.
A Record that Clearly Shows how John 'ff' Kerry has Flip Flopped
on many National Security Issues in his 20 Years in the US Senate.
+ Yes John 'ff' Kerry is a Decorated Veteran {Hero ?}
- But, John 'ff' Kerry has a History of 'being' "Weak" on Defense.

PLEASE NOTE: The use of the Double 'ff' for "Flip Flop".

John 'ff' Kerry = Mister Flip Flop - Nay the King of Flip Flop !

THE FLIP - A few days ago John 'ff' Kerry claimed that he was NOT
"Responsible" for 'what he said' due to Overzealous Speechwriters.

THE FLOP - Today John 'ff' Kerry claimed that as Commander-in-Chief
he would be "Responsible" for the Actions of the US Military.

WHAT ? This is from an Interview with John 'ff' Kerry in the
Wall Street Journal. John'ff' Kerry: But the Benedict Arnold
line applied, you know, I called a couple of times to overzealous
speechwriters and said "look that's not what I'm saying."
[ Then He When Out and Said It ]

The FLIP - Hey I Don't Write this Stuff !

The FLOP - Hey I Don't Read this Stuff !

The Whole Fandangle - Hey I Just Say this Stuff !
[ Understand - I can Not be Responsible for the People I Hire. ]

Source: Rush Limbaugh
http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/dai...k_2.guest.html
John 'ff' Kerry is now blaming his speechwriters for his
Benedict Arnold comments.

Source: MSN-SLATE
http://slate.msn.com//?id=2099881
One of the first things Kerry did at the meeting [with Jewish
leaders] was to blame his aides for the mention of Carter and
Baker as possible envoys in his December speech.

PLUS - Blame the 'hired help' like the US Secret Service Agent
when you fall down in front of the media.
http://www.spectator.org/dsp_article.asp?art_id=6317
P.S.: It's always an underling's fault with Kerry, isn't it?
He doesn't fall! The Secret Service guy got in the way.
http://michnews.com/artman/publish/article_3191.shtml

Actually, the Senator does fall down, at least according to
The New York Post, which reported Senator Kerry as having taken
a "Header" on the wet floor of a convenience store the night before
he fell in the snow. The Fall Guy #2
http://www.snopes.com/politics/kerry/cussword.asp

NOTE: John 'ff' Kerry "The Fall Guy" #3
Kerry takes a spill from Bike - 2 Mayo 2004
http://www.usatoday.com/news/politic...rry-bike_x.htm

Senator John 'ff' Kerry "The Likability Gap" ?
http://www.humaneventsonline.com/article.php?id=3528
- by Larry Elder - Posted Apr 8, 2004

Oh Happy Days - When John 'ff' Kerry Talks
His Mouth Walks Away - Oh Happy Days )

Has Someone Pushed - John 'ff' Kerry's Self-Destruct-Button ?

mff ~ RHF
..
..
Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)

..
Old May 8th 04, 02:15 PM
Bill Everhart

On Sat, 08 May 2004 04:56:43 GMT, Telamon

From: "-=jd=-"

[...]

Bryant makes great points all the time. I've only seen childish
reply's to them time and time again. There are exceptions - =JD= and
Stinger come to mind. And he does offer evidence to back his claims.
I think you're just afraid of him. Muahahahaha - afraid of someone on
Usenet - now that's funny. Hey - tellemon - watch out - there's your
shadow. What a jerk and you know what - no trouble coming up with
that evidence.