Old May 8th 04, 07:23 PM
Dan Robinson

Suggested email to the House Subcommittee on Appropriations (for) Commerce,
Justice and State Department, or to your own representatives:

Dear Congressman/Senator:

I have observed, along with many Americans in recent weeks and months,
the steady decline in the availability of Voice of America (VOA) programs
using shortwave frequencies.

It is simply outrageous that American citizens, who continue to fund VOA
programs, are no longer able to hear programming that it is otherwise
provided on VOA websites such as "voanews.com" and clearly aimed
at being competitivewith other world news "portals" on the internet.

It is absurd that VOA's considerable news programming continues
to fall under the Smith-Mundt Act, and that this law remains on the books
in the 21st century.

Why hasn't Congress moved to eliminate Smith-Mundt? Does anyone
truly believe, in this day and age, that this law still serves a purpose?

Americans should be able to hear the output of VOA other than through
internet websites, which are themselves, a work-around that effectively
renders Smith-Mundt restrictions moot. VOA should be accessible, as
well, via FM outlets across the United States.

I urge you to address these points in open congressional hearings, and
move to reverse what appears to many who continue to respect VOA's
news output, to be VOA's "death-by-a-thousand-cuts."

Old May 8th 04, 07:37 PM
N8KDV

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone could
tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could report on any
signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They seemed like
reasonable questions for this forum.

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
they consider to be fools.

I answered his question did I not? Did I not point him in the right direction
with the schedule info? Did I not tell him to turn his radio on? Did I not tell
him that the VOA is heard on a regular basis?

Once again I have to ask, should I go help him tune his radio and write reception
reports for him?

Old May 8th 04, 07:42 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:37 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone
could tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could
report on any signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They
seemed like reasonable questions for this forum.

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
they consider to be fools.

I answered his question did I not? Did I not point him in the right
direction with the schedule info? Did I not tell him to turn his radio on?
Did I not tell him that the VOA is heard on a regular basis?

Once again I have to ask, should I go help him tune his radio and write
reception reports for him?

The thread is not about what a hero you are. Though it is becoming that.
Think twice, post once.
--
-UA
Old May 8th 04, 07:46 PM
N8KDV

Jim Hackett wrote:

Yes, there are a few A-holes here. Sorry you had to find one so quickly.

Get a grip retard, and try and polish up those DXing skills!

I gave the boy the info on where to find the VOA, if he can't figure out how to
utilise it then as I asked, what should I do, go turn on his radio and help him
tune it?

Old May 8th 04, 07:47 PM
N8KDV

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
Sorry my questions caused you so much anger. I was asking if anyone
could tell me about what is going on at the VOA and if anyone could
report on any signals they might still be able to receive for VOA. They
seemed like reasonable questions for this forum.

Shortwave has pretty much disappeared from this newsgroup. Nearly all
posts are by closed-minded ideologues berating each other. The best way
I know of to identify a fool is that fools like to argue with people
they consider to be fools.

I answered his question did I not? Did I not point him in the right
direction with the schedule info? Did I not tell him to turn his radio on?
Did I not tell him that the VOA is heard on a regular basis?

Once again I have to ask, should I go help him tune his radio and write
reception reports for him?

The thread is not about what a hero you are.

When have I ever claimed to be a 'hero', retard?

Old May 8th 04, 07:49 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:46 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

Jim Hackett wrote:

Yes, there are a few A-holes here. Sorry you had to find one so quickly.

Get a grip retard, and try and polish up those DXing skills!

I gave the boy the info on where to find the VOA, if he can't figure out
how to utilise it then as I asked, what should I do, go turn on his radio
and help him tune it?

No.
Just stop repeating this over and over.
--
-UA
Old May 8th 04, 07:52 PM
N8KDV

OK, as soon as I'm sure you understand it, **** for brains!

Old May 8th 04, 08:02 PM
uncle arnie

On Sat, 08 May 2004 12:47 pm -0600 UTC, N8KDV
posted: %MM

John Doty wrote:

Jay wrote:
[...]

Your repeated post with the same content labels you. You're correct, your
posting behavior merits descriptions other than 'hero' for doing do.
Please recognize that your posts on this thread are repetitive. You want
recognition that you "answered his question did [you] not? ....". So it is
recognized that you're repeatedly posted this. So helpfully. So many
times. Thanks so much!

And here's another piece of what you cut:
*
Think twice, post once.

--
-UA