Old May 15th 04, 11:30 PM
Stinger

"Michael Bryant" wrote in message
From: "Stinger"

My so-called "backchannel" was an apparently vain attempt
to tell you exactly that. Basically, "Don't you have anything better to
do?"

So, you didn't express the opinion that you thought Steve Lare was

mentally
ill?

Michael, I e-mailed you to try to de-fuse an argument that was rapidly
getting out of hand here.

Of COURSE, I tried to assure you that you were being bullied by Steve and
that you should just go away for a while. Think! -- I didn't think you'd
listen very well if I said you were AT LEAST as much to blame as anyone
else, do you? It seemed like the right thing to do, but you refused to take
the advice, and now seem to want to drag me into your dumb flame-fest.
You're at least as guilty as Steve, Michael -- It takes two to flame-war,
and I wasn't paying attention when you guys started going at it. I should
have known you would show poor judgment here, and should not have tried to
intervene, (especially when I was still a bit offended from my own incident
with him).

Having watched your antics over the several weeks since I tried (in vain)
your so-called "backchannel" to give you the exact same advice that I had
gotten when I was in a "flame war" with Steve (that advice being just
kill-file and move on), I think it is safe to say that Steve has a firmer
grasp on reality than you do. In addition to your academic credentials,
your tendency to inflate your resume' rivals even Al Gore's. Telamon's
"Multicultural Man" post was one of the most on-target (and hilarious) posts
I've ever seen here. I still laugh when I think about it. But since then,
you've now suddenly got a "KKK father" that tortured Koreans during his
tenure as a soldier.

It just seems a little too convenient.

Steve doesn't invent stuff to give his arguments a sense of "authority." He
just puts it out there. The cool thing is, I really don't think he cares
whether you believe him or not. If he says he's listening to Diego Garcia
Tower, even YOU know that it's time to try (in my case -- in vain) to catch
them for a trophy QSL. That's credibility that frankly, you don't have.

Sure, Steve has a low B.S. level, but he is very knowledgeable about radio.
That's why I "un-killfiled" him after things cooled off. I'm a beginner as
far as shortwave, and need all the advice I can get. I don't know if I've
ever seen you post anything about radio. Nothing comes to mind offhand,
except you post your inventory in your sig.

Even after the abysmal level Steve's and my silly flame-fest went to (I
made an obscure, flip remark about the frequency of "the Liberty Net" that
****ed him off, and it escalated), some weeks later he was gallant enough to
congratulate me on a post or two that I had made. I have since done the
same with some of his, which were very much deserved. I really don't have a
problem with him personally, and I prefer to keep it that way.

Fight your own fight, Michael -- you're the one that seems to want to play
"kick me."

-- Stinger

Old May 15th 04, 11:35 PM
N8KDV

From: "Stinger"

[...]

Seems like a pretty fair response to me.

Old May 16th 04, 02:43 AM
Michael Bryant

Yeah, it's 'ashame'! What a frickin idiot you really are Fat Boy!

Yeah, I can see why JD feels that I always initiate the insults.

You do in the exchanges between you and me. I have no responsibility for your

exchanges with others, no matter how much you would like me to fight your
battles for you.

In an earlier post you went to great lengths to critique my discourse for
always initiating insults in all my posts in this NG. I'm glad to see that
you've now narrowed that critique our specific discourse. My suggestion is that
you realize your own capabilities to lapse into insult-laden dismissals.

Michael Bryant, WA4009SWL
Louisville, KY
R75, S800, RX320, SW77, ICF2010K,
DX398, 7600G, 6800W, RF2200, 7600A
GE SRll, Pro-2006, Pro-2010, Pro-76
(remove "nojunk" to reply)
Old May 16th 04, 07:28 AM
N8KDV

You take some kinda pills to be able to put that bull**** together, or what?

Old May 21st 04, 05:39 AM
Michael Moore

Michael Bryant wrote:
Well, gee, you know I have at least two communication degrees. You called Wayne
State and checked on my BA and MA degrees. And by the way, the study of
communication involves spoken discourse, not written discourse. Writing falls
under an English degree.

So you've explored orality ...