Old June 26th 04, 06:06 PM
Pete & Renee Davis

!doctype html public "-//w3c//dtd html 4.0 transitional//en"
html
I agree with this message. I've just been burned on an "as is" auction.
I bought a Bendix 240 Navigator radio; neat little unit with BFO "direction
finder" on top. I was hoping to use it to look for beacons on the coast.
The listing said "good working radio". Well the damn thing doesn't work
at all, I have no recourse, and the ******* who sold it has not posted
feedback for me; I figure he's waiting to retaliate of I leave negative
feedback for him. Unless these are the kind of selling ehtics you want
to endorse, stay away from "as is" listings".
pPete Davis
pPete wrote:
blockquote TYPE=CITEMost savvy buyers of anything on ebay will avoid
"as is" auctions like the
brplague. It's well known as a sign the buyer wants to get rid of something.
brYou will do much better if you guarantee the radio to be as described
on
brarrival. That way, you give serious buyers some comfort in knowing
that if
brthere's truly something wrong with it, they haven't been screwed. In
the box
brmeans absolutely nothing on ebay. "As is" probably won't fetch as good
brprice as you could get with it.
brPete
p"Dan Kessler" wrote in message
bra . et/a...
br Hi all. I'm planning on selling a brand spanking new in the box Sony
br ICF-2010 on eBay. I would sell this as a final sale (i.e. no returns
for
brany
br reason). At this point, I have not even removed the radio from the
box. It
br is a late serial number unit - the serial # is on the outer shipping
box.
br All factory accessories are included, unopened and unused.
br
br Would you be more willing to buy the item
br
br a. tested (by me) with batteries or
br b. sent as-is (untested) with the radio in the box as packaged by
Sony?
br
br I would obviously like to sell it for as much as possible. I'm just
not
brsure
br whether a tested or unused unit is more desirable. Thanks for any
input.
br
br Dan
br
br/blockquote
/html

Old June 29th 04, 10:58 AM
RHF

= = = "Dan Kessler" wrote in message
= = = . ..
Hi all. I'm planning on selling a brand spanking new in the box Sony
ICF-2010 on eBay. I would sell this as a final sale (i.e. no returns for any
reason). At this point, I have not even removed the radio from the box. It
is a late serial number unit - the serial # is on the outer shipping box.
All factory accessories are included, unopened and unused.

Would you be more willing to buy the item

a. tested (by me) with batteries or
b. sent as-is (untested) with the radio in the box as packaged by Sony?

I would obviously like to sell it for as much as possible. I'm just not sure
whether a tested or unused unit is more desirable. Thanks for any input.

Dan

..

DK,

Here are two examples of "Mint" Sony ICF-2010 Receivers being
Auctioned on eBay that may act as a 'price guide' for you:

Near-Mint Sony ICF-2010 w/Kiwa Mods and Extras
Note: 17 Bids now at $480

NEW IN BOX Sony ICF-2010 Shortwave Receiver {12 Pictures}
Buy-It-Now Price of $800

~ RHF

..