Old November 22nd 04, 09:47 PM
big boy now

Default For Sale ICOM IC-R7000 communications receiver HF/VHF/UHF

i have for sale an icom IC-R7000 receiver this is in good working order. and
its in good condition apart from a single scratch that goes across the clear
plastic display. this plastic panel is held in place by four screws and
could easily be replaced with no problem.
i am not going to list the spec hear if you know your receivers you will
know this is one of the better receivers very sort after receiver...
the ICOM IC-R7000 receiver sells for anything from £200 to £300..
i am looking for serious offers only.....
i have a copy of the manual in pdf format i can put this on cdrom if needed
or the manual can be down loaded along with the full service manual........
as far as i know this receiver has had no mods done apart from the two
problematic 10uf 16v capacitors have been replaced......

serious offers only will post at buyers cost or can collect.

Thanks: john

Old November 23rd 04, 07:19 AM
ken chattenton

HI from Ken,

i have for sale an icom IC-R7000 receiver.

Can you tell if the pre-amp is working all OK above 1GHz
please.......cheers, Ken, G4KIR.

Old November 24th 04, 02:05 PM
big boy now

Hi ken can you tell me how to test the pre amp....
i hadn't used this set for a few years and have recently got it out to sell.
i am using a new AR5000A+3 i have the two receivers set up next to each
other and tuned my AR5000 then tuned the IC-R7000 to the same frequency. and
the R7000 is spot on frequency...
if you can just explain to me how to test the pre amp above 1GHz.
i will test it and let you know. but i am 100% sure its all working 100%

i have my IC-R7000 listed on ebay look at the following link i am now only
going to sell through ebay as an IC-R7000 sold last night for £250.00+ hear
is the link to my IC-R7000 that i have for auction...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...e=STRK:MESE:IT

Thanks : John

HI from Ken,

Old November 25th 04, 07:16 AM
ken chattenton

HI once again from Ken,
"big boy now" wrote in message
Hi ken can you tell me how to test the pre amp....

Once you switch your radio to a frequency higher than 1 Ghz you should be
able to hear the relay switch in for the pre-amp.
One other ( and best way really ) way is if you have a signal generator that
goes above one Gig
is to use that and check the fundamental frequency of the generator above
one Gig.
You should get a good reading if all is OK and the preamp is working as it
should.

The only reason I asked this question in the first place is because of the
time period you say the radio had not been used for. The change-over relays
some times stick and need cleaning.

Good luck with the sale, cheers, Ken, G4KIR.

Old November 27th 04, 06:54 AM
ken chattenton

HI once again John, all,
"big boy now" wrote in message
Hi Ken
when i enter a frequency higher than 1GHz yes you hear the

relay
click over when the 1GHz button is pressed...

All sounds fine to me then John.
Good luck with the auction.............cheers, Ken, G4KIR.

a great read Happy camper CB 1 November 19th 04 02:51 PM
Icom R-75 question Neil Bell Shortwave 183 January 27th 04 12:25 AM
FS: Icom R75 Receiver w/DSP David Black Equipment 0 July 21st 03 10:09 PM
FS: Icom R75 Receiver w/DSP David Black Shortwave 0 July 21st 03 10:06 PM