Old November 27th 04, 02:56 PM
David

C Crane is a bit pricey but their service is excellent and the people
are very nice. Sangean has made legendary radios and I enjoy one of
them on a daily basis. While the CCR may be too much for you they
apparently satisfy somebody or they'd quit making them.

Terk also makes a Select-A-Tenna-like device (looks less likely to
fall over).

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-2G17Ebh...sp?i=209AM1000

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 23:20:04 -0600, wrote:

An old saying goes,If It Sounds Too Good To Be True,It IS! Too Good To
Be True.
cuhulin

Old November 27th 04, 03:00 PM
CW

The difference it makes is substantial. You can make one quite easily if you
dont want to buy one. BTW, they are not a ne product having been around in
one form or another for over 50 years.

"Michael" wrote in message
Always wondered how well these things worked? According the CC Crane Co.
they're the best innovation since 'Amplitude Modulation". Fine, but can

any
real user chime in with some performance stats?

Seems to me that it's almost too good to be true, but once in a while a
great product does come out and is superb. So, any Select-A-Tenna users

have
any opinions they wish to share? My brother wants a Sony AP1....might this
be a cost effective alternative. His use is near distant / local AM.

Thanks,
Mike T.

"David" wrote in message
news
http://www.grove-ent.com/ANT21.html

On Fri, 26 Nov 2004 18:31:18 GMT, "Gary Brown"
wrote:

Please state condition and price shipped to ZIP 27513.

Gary
K4GPB

Old November 27th 04, 03:03 PM
CW

I rebuilt my system lately, Prior to that, I had the entire WebTV domain
blocked as nothing intelligent ever came from there. I see things haven't
changed.
wrote in message
ccrane pedals JUNK! About six years ago I bought one of those $164.00
plastic ccrane JUNK radios that Art Ohhhh Myyyyyy Goddddd Bell and
George Afraid Of Ouija Boards Noory (George Noory actually doesn't know
how long he was in the Navy) tout so much and at the same time I bought
one of those round JUNK antenna thingys with the knob in the middle of
it.That piece of JUNK radio and that piece of JUNK antenna thingy didn't
show me anything at all.I packed that JUNKY plastic crap! back up and I
sent it back to those JUNK pedaling creeps! in Fortuna,California.STAY
AWAY FROM ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING ccrane pedals!
cuhulin

Old November 27th 04, 05:11 PM

I own a Velocity Micro $1,290.00 ProMagix tower computer I bought from
www.velocitymicro.com in Febuary of this,year 2004.It is a very nice
custom built computer and I have a 22 inch screen NEC Multisync computer
monitor which I bought from www.tigerdirect.com for my computer too.I
have been subscribing to msntv (formerly webtv) since October 1999.I
enjoy my computer and my msntv service.There isn't anything wrong with
that as far as I can see.And msntv does not suck either.In two or three
months I intend to get my computer off of dial up and get on Starband
satellite internet access.I never use my computer for emailing or going
into chat rooms.I bought my computer mostly to do World War Two gaming.
cuhulin

Old November 27th 04, 05:15 PM

I would like to find some simple plans somewhere of how to build an
effective indoor antenna for AM radio.
cuhulin

Old November 27th 04, 07:03 PM
CW