Old November 26th 04, 08:25 PM
dxAce

Default (AFN) AFRTS Puerto Rico

Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation may be
better.

(Thanks to Glenn Hauser for some info on this, other research by myself).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 26th 04, 08:33 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation may be
better.

(Thanks to Glenn Hauser for some info on this, other research by myself).

In addition to this, this would effectively mean that Puerto Rico is off the air
with regards to being a NASWA shortwave broadcast country. Another one bites the
dust.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 26th 04, 10:42 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation may be
better.

Checking at 2230 they are actually on 7811 rather than 7812.5.

Old November 27th 04, 10:52 AM
Lucky

"dxAce" wrote in message
Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto
Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may
have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation
may be
better.

(Thanks to Glenn Hauser for some info on this, other research by myself).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Man dxAce,

I miss AFRTS bad. I used to get it loud and clear as a bell on 7507. Now, I
live in Florida and can't get either FL Keys stations in. The only one I get
in faint is 5446.5 every so often.

I don't get it. How in tarnations can I not pick it up in the state in
originates from???????
I loved listening to that frequency.

Lucky

Old November 27th 04, 10:57 AM
Lucky

"dxAce" wrote in message
Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto
Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may
have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation
may be
better.

(Thanks to Glenn Hauser for some info on this, other research by myself).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I'm picking it up right now at 1055 GMT at 5446.5 with lots of garbage.

Lucky

Old November 27th 04, 12:12 PM
dxAce

Lucky wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
Recently there was some question of where (AFN) AFRTS went from Puerto
Rico. It
was on 7507 via Puerto Rico, and now it seems as though Puerto Rico may
have
been dropped in favour of Key West on 7812.5 per
http://myafn.dodmedia.osd.mil/radio/shortwave/ (Which may or may not be
factually correct as it seems that Diego Garcia has been inactive for some
time).

7812.5 unheard here at 2015, though I will check later when propagation
may be
better.

(Thanks to Glenn Hauser for some info on this, other research by myself).

dxAce
Michigan
USA

I'm picking it up right now at 1055 GMT at 5446.5 with lots of garbage.

I have them here on 5446.5, 7811, and 12133.5 at 1210.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 27th 04, 01:30 PM
dxAce

dxAce wrote:

Lucky wrote:

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

The only other outlet I hear at 1330 is 5765 out of Guam.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old November 27th 04, 01:46 PM
Greg

From: "Lucky"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:57:20 -0500
Subject: (AFN) AFRTS Puerto Rico

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

Lucky - 5446.5 usually works pretty well for me in Lakeland.

Greg

Old November 27th 04, 04:12 PM
elg110254

Lucky, you're being victimized by long-range skip when you can't hear your
local Florida A.F.R.T.S. outlet. As a kid, V.O.A. Dixon, 40 miles west, was
harder to receive than South American flea-watt utilities(got the qsls as
proof). With the recent hit-or-miss propogation, a local ham from Rescue,
NorCali, 30 miles northeast, has been buried in noise on his evening a.m.
hamnet check-ins on 1.925 mhz & 3.870 mhz. SoCal hams, as well as several
out-of-staters, O.T.O.H., pin the Frog 7's s-metre 10 over 9.
Old November 28th 04, 09:45 AM
Lucky

From: "Lucky"
Newsgroups: rec.radio.shortwave
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2004 05:57:20 -0500

"dxAce" wrote in message
[...]

It works for me too but not very well. I used to get 7507 in so good it was
fantastic to listen to it. Since Puerto Rico had that hurricane, it's gone.
I miss it. I get 5446.5 in so faint it's saddening. I have to use the preamp
2 setting on my R75 to even hear it. But hi to another SWL in Florida.

Lucky