Old January 27th 05, 03:49 PM
ShortwaveMan

I live in an apartment complex where no outdoor antennas are allowed. I put
push pins in the wall around the window in my room and got 100' of hookup
wire wound around it. It works fairly well, but with DSL in the building, I
don't listen much s. Regards

PEACE + We are the Providence of God
wrote in message
ups.com...
Hello friends
I'm in a condo. I just received a fantastic receiver (FRG100B)..I'm
currently running a homebrew "Heli-Rope" Antenna (from June 1971 QST)
hanging on the wall. Just out of pure curiousity, have any one of you
run indoor antennas? What kind? How did yours work?
Thanks 73 Greg WDX9KHY

Old January 30th 05, 03:05 PM
Matt J. McCullar

"ShortwaveMan" wrote in message
ink.net...
I live in an apartment complex where no outdoor antennas are allowed. I

put
push pins in the wall around the window in my room and got 100' of hookup
wire wound around it. It works fairly well, but with DSL in the building,

don't listen much s. Regards

I made a 15-meter dipole antenna out of some wire I unwound from the yoke of
a junked-out television set, and strung it up near the ceiling. It's held
in place with pushpins, too. Living on the third floor must help, I think.
I've heard SW stations all over the world with this.