Old February 4th 05, 04:16 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

snip
I found the TPA to work well on some bands but not on others.

Has anyone ever heard of a preselector called the Mizuho SX-3??

Lucky

It's a while since I've paid attention to preselectors, but the Mizuho SX-3 used
to close for more than most preselectors that weren't built for the military or
government agencies on ebay.

They look well made - but I never saw one in person, or used one.

Not sure, but the Arcom I had may have been a PAT-4.
Old February 4th 05, 07:20 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
Lucky wrote:

My serial number is 143229 so I figure this was made in late 1994/1995.

Look at any integrated circuits for a date code. ICs, at least in the
DIP package, usually have a YYWW (year, week) number as part of their
label.

Mark Zenier Washington State resident

Old February 6th 05, 12:07 PM
Lucky

"Lucky" wrote in message

wrote in message
ups.com...
Does this happen primarily in AM mode? If so, it could be interference
from another signal on a nearby frequency. If that's the case, tuning
slightly above or below the frequency should help. Shifting over to Su
or Sl might also solve the problem.

Steve

Yes mostly in AM. I tried that but I could still hear the popping. It was
almost gone in An mode though. I have to find the right setup like you
said.

What I find strange is let's say I get a lock on a station in ASu or ASL
and say the little finger hole on the tuning dial is at 1:00 o'clock.
I lose the lock and then moving the dial a little in either direction
doesn't relock it. Say to 10:00 or 3:00

I have to turn the dial a full rotation or more to get a new lock. Is this
normal??

I found out what was going on here.
There are quite a few variables that happen when tuning the radio.

1] Tuning rate changes with speed of dial rotation

2] Tuning rate changes yet again for some other modes

3] Lock can get lost or shift when changing even in other AS modes.

So at first it looked to me like something was wrong. After using it for a
while you see the pattern. All in all I think it's a nifty little radio.
A real novelty item for sure too.

BTW

I remember I asked how much an original Lowe keypad for this radio went for.
Well take a look. Almost $71. I really feel I got a good deal on mine for
$500 since it included the keypad, USA power supply and batteries/orig
manual. The last 150 sold for $465 with no US power supply and no keypad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Old February 6th 05, 03:01 PM

I remember I asked how much an original Lowe keypad for this radio

went for.
Well take a look. Almost $71. I really feel I got a good deal on mine

for
$500 since it included the keypad, USA power supply and

batteries/orig
manual. The last 150 sold for $465 with no US power supply and no

keypad.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...sPageName=WDVW

Lucky

The person who spent $71 on the keypad got a lousy deal if you ask
me--unless of course the point was simply to have have it as a
'collectable'. For $79.95 he could have purchased a remote control for
the 150 that has way more functionality than the original keypad:

http://www.swl-remotes.com/pages/22/index.htm

I bought one of these things for my Drake a while back and have been
loving it. I'm one of the few people around I guess who doesn't like
having their receiver hooked directly to a computer. At the same time,
I don't like having to sit right in front of my receiver all the time
in order to tune around. The remote is very liberating.

Steve

Old February 9th 05, 04:30 AM
swlxyl

Does anyone have an HF150 Euro for sale?

I'd like to buy the unique version, not the common one.