Old February 1st 05, 04:21 PM

Default HF-150 Europa on Ebay?

Take a look at auction number 5748673688. One concern I'd have about
this auction is that the receiver in the photo in this ad does NOT
appear to be an HF-150 Europa. The Europa had "Europa" written at the
bottom of its face place, as seen in this photo:
http://www.rys.nl/hf150e.html. What's pictured in this ad is a
standard, black case HF-150...not a Europa. Now, maybe the seller has a
Europa, but pulled an image off a website without looking at it too
closely. Either way, I'd certainly get clear about this before bidding.
In fact, yet another complicating factor here is that some of the
standard HF-150's have a backlight option installed. This makes them
harder to distinguish from Europas.

Steve

Old February 1st 05, 05:47 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
Take a look at auction number 5748673688. One concern I'd have about
this auction is that the receiver in the photo in this ad does NOT
appear to be an HF-150 Europa. The Europa had "Europa" written at the
bottom of its face place, as seen in this photo:
http://www.rys.nl/hf150e.html. What's pictured in this ad is a
standard, black case HF-150...not a Europa. Now, maybe the seller has a
Europa, but pulled an image off a website without looking at it too
closely. Either way, I'd certainly get clear about this before bidding.
In fact, yet another complicating factor here is that some of the
standard HF-150's have a backlight option installed. This makes them
harder to distinguish from Europas.

Steve

I've read the standard 150 is better then this one even though it has the
backlit option.
Is that true?

Lucky

Old February 1st 05, 06:34 PM

Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

Old February 1st 05, 06:43 PM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

This sold for $350 with the keypad also?
Why so cheap????

Lucky

Old February 1st 05, 07:21 PM
Mark S. Holden

Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

This sold for $350 with the keypad also?
Why so cheap????

Lucky

The previous seller apparently didn't bother to check what they normally close
for, and put it up with a low "Buy it now".

On the difference between the Europa and the regular HF-150, I'd take the
Europa. The input filtering is likely to be more useful than any loss in
sensitivity.

Old February 2nd 05, 12:20 AM
starman

Lucky wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

This sold for $350 with the keypad also?
Why so cheap????

Lucky

The previous seller apparently didn't bother to check what they normally
close
for, and put it up with a low "Buy it now".

On the difference between the Europa and the regular HF-150, I'd take the
Europa. The input filtering is likely to be more useful than any loss in
sensitivity.

Wow what a deal. If I didn't buy a 150 myself I would have grabbed this one.
Drats....

Lucky

What's the situation with parts for Lowe radios?

Old February 2nd 05, 12:34 AM
Dale Parfitt

"starman" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
[...]

Parts are plentiful- however, due to insurance reasons, Lowe no longer ships
to the U.S. You would have to find an intermediary in EU. I stocked up on
displays, mixer and CPU's some time back.

Dale W4OP

Old February 2nd 05, 12:47 AM
Lucky

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

I live 10 min from Frank.....

Lucky

Old February 2nd 05, 01:56 AM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

This sold for $350 with the keypad also?
Why so cheap????

Lucky

The previous seller apparently didn't bother to check what they normally
close
for, and put it up with a low "Buy it now".

On the difference between the Europa and the regular HF-150, I'd take the
Europa. The input filtering is likely to be more useful than any loss in
sensitivity.

Mark,

it says in this comparison between the 150 and the 150E, though there was
less images on the 150E, increased noise appeared on those frequencies. The
150E is surely less sensitive too. What do you think now?
http://www.anarc.org/naswa/issues/0798/equip0798.html

Lucky

Old February 2nd 05, 02:05 AM
Lucky

"Mark S. Holden" wrote in message
Lucky wrote:

wrote in message
ups.com...
Frank bought this on ebay with a buy it now a month ago for $350

this si the famous "centerpoint" of several years ago, he went big time
in business on ebay and the net

This sold for $350 with the keypad also?
Why so cheap????

Lucky

The previous seller apparently didn't bother to check what they normally
close
for, and put it up with a low "Buy it now".

On the difference between the Europa and the regular HF-150, I'd take the
Europa. The input filtering is likely to be more useful than any loss in
sensitivity.

He says:
"Incorporating these RF bandpass filters should theoretically reduce
spurious responses and noise. I compared the '150E to my early model '150.
When the original '150 was connected to my 90/60 meter parallel dipole,
there were several frequencies below 3 MHz which had images of local
broadcasters. With the '150E , there were no audible images present, but
there was increased noise on the same frequencies".

and

"I found that the original HF-150 was about 0.5 microvolts more sensitive
across the HF spectrum, however, the HF-150E was within specification of
less than two microvolts throughout the HF spectrum, and was typically in
the range of one microvolt. I think that the higher sensitivity of the
original may not be a virtue, given the radio's susceptibility for
overloading. I don't think that this difference is significant, and
switching in the pre-amp on the HF-150E improved the sensitivity to the
level of the '150 without pre-amp"

So basically he had to switch on the pre amp to bring it up to the 150's
sensitivity. If you don't live in areas with strong stations, I'd rather
have the sensitivity.

Plus, I didn't know the backlight option can't be turned off in the E. So,
it will drain your batteries if you ever use it as a portable.

Lucky