Old February 19th 05, 04:00 PM

Well, it looks like all but one of the trolls who chaesed the Degen
designer from this forum rose to the bait. I guess they can't resist
bashing anything new or different. Fortunately they are a minority in
this country.

lsmyer wrote:
That was one of the most painful threads I have ever read.

I was excited to find out that the 1108 was going to become a

reality. I am
a big fan of Degen and I hope to place my order for this radio the

very
first day it goes on sale.

I was even more excited (or even awed) to see that the engineer who

was
responsible for two of the best radios this decade (Sat 800 and

DE1103) was
actually sharing his time and energy with us, and was even letting

us, the
listening and buying public, to help him design the best radio

possible.

But then the xenophobic ranting started. I was shocked at first, but

I hoped
that it was just a poorly executed cute remark that fell flat. But

the
rantings continued. And there was definitely nothing cute about it.

It was
intentionally mean, and I was horrified to realize that a fellow

American
and dxer would stoop to such ignorant and mean-spirited rantings.

The thread then got too painful to read. I immediately blocked the

offending
poster, but the memory of his ignorant ranting still sticks in my

craw. In
fact, looking back, I can't even remember exactly who that hateful

poster
was. I think he was a regular here, but his postings no longer appear

on my
computer, so I can't be sure.

I hope that wonderful engineer is able to forgive that crude

offender, and
that he doesn't hold all of us responsible for such horrible and
unacceptable behavior.

Old February 19th 05, 05:04 PM

Just for that,metinks I will buy a Degen Radio.Hannie Caulder movie is
on tb now.I hate jane fonda but I probally wouldn't have minded jumping
her bones before the Vietnam War.But that was forty one years ago for
me,1964.She looked good almost butt naked steppin out of that bathtub in
the Hannie Caulder movie on tb right now.Yeahhhhhh,,,, I would have
liked to screw her before she went wrong.I once screwed a Vietnamese gal
up her ass in Saigon,but I really didn't like it,it took me forever to
get me nutts off.Mama San said,,, ****ttttt,,, long time!!!!! I was
trying me ass off at it though.Give me E for Effort.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 05, 05:11 PM
tianli_

it into a political battle, when it shouldn't have been. Your blind
hatred of all things Chinese is as bad as Roedy Green's blind hatred
of all things US, and dxAce's blind hatred of, well, everything. Get a
clue already!

Absolutely right. It no more makes a radio consumer an endorser or

support
of communism than the companies who are outsourcing their production to
China and elsewhere while making contributions to both political parties.

I suppose that it was alright to encourage trade with the Nazi regime.

Imagine Nazi Germany instead of "Communist" China as your trading partner
and you have a very good comparison of your ignorant logic.

Old February 19th 05, 05:16 PM
tianli_

wrote

because of the immature behavior and xenophobic attitude of a few.

Don't toss that Leftist BS about "xenophobic" attitude because you
know absolutely ZERO about me and my heritage. If you did your
idiotic statement would send you hiding with your tail between your legs.

Congratulations guys. You accomplished something that I'm sure you are
proud of and will take home and brag about to your family.

In a few years this comment of yours will be turning on you.

Old February 19th 05, 06:08 PM
tianli_

24 November 2004 - Voice of America News
China's Sichuan Province Tense in Aftermath of Violent Anti-Dam Protests
By Luis Ramirez
Hanyuan, China
This man, who did not want his name used, saw the confrontation and says it
is impossible to know exactly how many people were killed. "People died," he
said. "Maybe more than 10,000 died. It cannot be estimated."

Others in Hanyuan give accounts of staggering death tolls. But it is
impossible to independently verify. The government promptly sealed off the
entire region surrounding the dam, and banned all news media from entering.
Witnesses cautioned that if journalists were discovered in the area,
authorities would detain and expel them.

In a car with tinted windows, this reporter anonymously slipped into the
gorge along the Dadu River - past heavily armed soldiers and police, to
catch a glimpse of the gigantic dam project and the towns of villages that
are to be flooded.
http://www.voanews.com/english/China...-Aftermath-of-
Violent-Anti-Dam-Protests.cfm

Nov 10, 2004 - COMMUNIST POLICE BEAT SICHUAN PROTESTERS

Tens of thousands marched in Hanyuan County to protest a forced relocation
that included "tearing down their homes under orders issued by corrupt
officials" who lied about the compensation value of the land seized. In
response to the protest, the cadres sent in the police, who "injured several
dozen people and beat one man to death."

Nov 17, 2004 - SICHUAN PROTESTS ENDS WITH COMMUNIST POLICE SHOOTING

The farmers and others protesting a mass forced relocation in Hanyuan
County, Sichuan Province, were met with a hail of bullets from Communist
police. An activist in communication with the farmers during the shooting
told the Epoch Times that the police killed seventeen protestors and wounded
at least forty others.

Luo Gan, head of security for the People's Republic of China, flew in
himself to supervise the crackdown. Luo, a protégé of Tiananmen Square
butcher Li Peng, may have been driven to follow in Li's bloody footsteps by
the recent reports tallying the number of protests in Communist China at
more than three million.
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html

Nov 24, 2004 - SICHUAN DAM HALTED, CADRE FIRED AFTER PROTEST
BUT THE KILLING CONTINUES AS MORE COMMUNIST MILITARY IS SENT IN

The massive protests against relocation forced by cadres building a dam in
Sichuan has led the Communists to fire one unnamed cadre and promise
suspension of construction. Left unmentioned by the BBC report of the
"riot" was the fact that Communist police shot at least seventeen
protestors dead.

In fact, the PRC has sent in the military to "put down the 'rebellion' of
the unarmed peasants", through, among other things, the use of tear gas -
"many people have been wounded and some killed." Of course, local cadres
are insisting "there is no gathering of armed forces and no conflict between
the government and local residents."
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html

Dec 1, 2004 - DEATH TOLL IN HANYUAN COUNTY "CANNOT BE ESTIMATED"
"STAGGERING" SLAUGHTER BY MILITARY TERRORIZES ANTI-DAM LOCALS INTO SILENCE;
CONSTURCTION OF DAM CONTINUES DESPITE PRC PLEDGE TO SUSPEND IT

The Epoch Times managed to get Luis Ramirez (VOA) into Hanyuan County, where
the military forces of the People's Republic crushed a massive protest
against land seizures by local cadres to build a power dam. One local, who
wisely "did not want his name used," guessed the number of protestors killed
by the Communist military to be "more than 10,000".

While such a number - or any number - was "impossible to independently
verify," other locals gave "accounts of staggering death tolls." If the
number is even remotely accurate, it would be three times the estimated
number killed in Tiananmen Square in 1989; as on that fateful June 4,
"troops fired on the unarmed demonstrators."

The dam "will force 100,000 people from their homes." A roughly equal
number of protestors filled the streets of Hanyuan County and tried to shut
down dam construction. The Communists pledged to halt said construction,
but according to this report, "it is apparent that work on the dam has in
fact continued."

It should be noted that the decision to send in the military was made by
"both the central government and the Sichuan provincial authorities,"
meaning that the Hanyuan November massacre can be laid at the feet of
"reformer" Hu Jintao.
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html

Old February 19th 05, 07:06 PM
Sanjaya

"tianli_" wrote in message ...
wrote

because of the immature behavior and xenophobic attitude of a few.

Don't toss that Leftist BS about "xenophobic" attitude because you
know absolutely ZERO about me and my heritage. If you did your
idiotic statement would send you hiding with your tail between your legs.

And you know nothing of my heritage, yet accused me of being Liypn in this
forum, and asked what village I was from.

Old February 19th 05, 07:45 PM

Imagine Chinkland without American Intelligence,them chinks asses would
be in a sling right now! Imagine the far east without American
Intelligence,, they used to all live in mud huts! Imagine naziland
without American Intelligence,, You probally wouldn't exist right now!
cuhulin

Old February 19th 05, 07:51 PM

What kind of "tail" do you posess? Red River movie is on tb now.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 05, 08:02 PM

I got me some chink female tail a bunch of times when I was in Asia.It
was pretty good too.That is all I needed to know about chinkland.
cuhulin

Old February 19th 05, 08:04 PM

I check out www.atimes.com at least once everyday.You have Nothing to
add to that.