Old February 18th 05, 01:52 PM
LeoBlues

Default News about Degen1108?

Any news from Degen1108's engineer?

Leonardo LeoBlues - Home Page: www.mondowebcam.com
Webmaster di : www.geronimoweb.it

Old February 18th 05, 01:57 PM

I would not be surprised if he left for good after a few run-ins with
our resident xenophobes.

Old February 18th 05, 09:29 PM
lsmyer

That was one of the most painful threads I have ever read.

I was excited to find out that the 1108 was going to become a reality. I am
a big fan of Degen and I hope to place my order for this radio the very
first day it goes on sale.

I was even more excited (or even awed) to see that the engineer who was
responsible for two of the best radios this decade (Sat 800 and DE1103) was
actually sharing his time and energy with us, and was even letting us, the
listening and buying public, to help him design the best radio possible.

But then the xenophobic ranting started. I was shocked at first, but I hoped
that it was just a poorly executed cute remark that fell flat. But the
rantings continued. And there was definitely nothing cute about it. It was
intentionally mean, and I was horrified to realize that a fellow American
and dxer would stoop to such ignorant and mean-spirited rantings.

The thread then got too painful to read. I immediately blocked the offending
poster, but the memory of his ignorant ranting still sticks in my craw. In
fact, looking back, I can't even remember exactly who that hateful poster
was. I think he was a regular here, but his postings no longer appear on my
computer, so I can't be sure.

I hope that wonderful engineer is able to forgive that crude offender, and
that he doesn't hold all of us responsible for such horrible and
unacceptable behavior.

Old February 18th 05, 09:38 PM
dxAce

lsmyer wrote:

[...]

I guess all you'd have to do would be to look at your kill file to get an idea
of who it was then. Seems pretty darn simple to me.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old February 18th 05, 11:23 PM
tianli

"lsmyer" wrote

But then the xenophobic ranting started. I was shocked at first, but I

hoped
that it was just a poorly executed cute remark that fell flat. But the
rantings continued. And there was definitely nothing cute about it. It was
intentionally mean, and I was horrified to realize that a fellow American
and dxer would stoop to such ignorant and mean-spirited rantings.

The thread then got too painful to read. I immediately blocked the

offending
poster, but the memory of his ignorant ranting still sticks in my craw. In
fact, looking back, I can't even remember exactly who that hateful poster
was. I think he was a regular here, but his postings no longer appear on

my
computer, so I can't be sure.

Shocked you were? And your memory is too painful for you?
Hmmm, perhaps you should read more, or better yet, live in China for a
while.
Then and only then will you understand the "horror" that the WWII generation
that can no longer pass on to your memory. Perhaps Tianamen Square will
refresh your ailing synapses. No? Well, here is something very recent for
you
to be shocked about:

http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html
http://www.geocities.com/china_e_lob...ember2004.html

Keep up to date about your engineer Komrade he
http://english.epochtimes.com/category.asp?id=92
Especially noteworthy today: http://china-e-lobby.blogspot.com/

By the way let me give you a bit of advice. If your email to the Degen
engineer doesn't bounce these days it is a sure bet he is very well
connected with the Chinese Communist Party. The CCP are currently in the
Blocking All Foreign Email mode! They tend to do this during times when
they feel threatened by "unsanitary information" penetrating their bamboo
curtain.

Old February 19th 05, 02:54 AM
running dogg

tianli wrote:

"lsmyer" wrote

[...]

Get this straight. Buying a Degen or Tecsun or any other Chinese made
product does NOT constitute de facto endorsement of the Chinese
Communist Party! You, apparently, are too dense to grasp this simple
fact. Listening to CRI, and/or receiving a QSL from them, does NOT
constitute endorsement of the CCP. I listen to Radio Havana all the
time, but I'm no fan of Fidel or his regime. I enjoy Cuba's perspective
on events, especially the Israeli-Palestinian war-they're the only SW
station that I can regularly receive that reports the Palestinian side,
a useful counterbalance to American domestic news, which reports the
Israeli side, when they report on it at all. Anyway, listening to a
certain SW station or buying products from a certain country does not
endorse that country's regime. All the Degen engineer was trying to do
was get feedback on his designs, and YOU GUYS turned it into a political
battle, when it shouldn't have been. Your blind hatred of all things
Chinese is as bad as Roedy Green's blind hatred of all things US, and
dxAce's blind hatred of, well, everything. Get a clue already!

Old February 19th 05, 03:59 AM

The sad part is that it was a group with such a narrow view of the
world that different cultures are threatening. Someone told me the
trolls have morphed into gangs on some of the news groups. This news
group is not there yet, but it is getting closer. That was probably the
first and last time someone from the radio manufacturing industry will
ask this group for their opinions on the design of a new radio. It was
truly a unique opportunity to actually have some input into the
features we would like to see on a radio. And we collectively blew it
because of the immature behavior and xenophobic attitude of a few.

Congratulations guys. You accomplished something that I'm sure you are
proud of and will take home and brag about to your family.

Old February 19th 05, 05:39 AM
Conan Ford

running dogg wrote in :

[...]

Absolutely right. It no more makes a radio consumer an endorser or support
of communism than the companies who are outsourcing their production to
China and elsewhere while making contributions to both political parties.
Old February 19th 05, 03:28 PM

Anybody who wants to post here or wherever else,whether from China or
anywhere else in the World about Radios,I say that is Great.Let them
post.
cuhulin