Old March 13th 05, 04:40 PM
lsmyer

I noticed alignment problems with a couple of radios, especially where FM
stations sounded better when they're tuned to where the dial reads 96.15 or
something like that, but I think those offending radios were Radio Shacks or
Sangeans that did that.

I've owned several Tecsuns, and none seemed to have any alignment problem.
The BCL-2000 drifts as we all know, but the PL-350 isn't analog so there's
no drift.

Old March 13th 05, 04:51 PM
lsmyer

It has the switchable IF. I tried it, but the original setting has always
been the best so far.

The only image I've received on it so far was where I was trying to receive
WLW on 700 (150 miles away), and I have local stations on 680 (4 miles) and
710 (20 miles). The PL-350 separated the stations just fine, but it received
an image on 700 from a local travel station on 1610 (less than 1 mile away)
that's notoriously overmodulated. For some reason, every Tecsun I own picks
up that travel station on 700 in that same spot.

Otherwise, I haven't heard any images, but I'm in a rural setting surrounded
by mountains and with very few high-powered stations, so sensitivity is the
most important factor for me in considering any type of radio. And the
PL-350 seems to be a perfect choice.

Old March 14th 05, 03:07 AM
mike maghakian

I received the first PL-350 in the USA and I think the audio on the 350 is
better than any other radio in its size class.

"Michael" wrote in message

"CorbinRay" wrote in message
oups.com...
A couple of weeks ago, I discovered a new radio on Liypn's ebay store,
the Tecsun PL-350. It looked a lot like the PL-550, which wasn't really
that good a performer, so I almost passed on it. But I did some
research and I found out that the new radio had a bunch of good
reviews, but they were all in Chinese. I used the Google translator and
I was able to find out that people really liked it. So I went ahead and
ordered one from Liypn.

I have to say that I'm pleasantly surprised. So much that I find that
it beats my DE1103 in nearly every category. That's quite a statement,
but the more I play with it, the more impressed I become.

you'll see more about the radio.

And for anyone wanting to buy one, the eBay item number is 5755772476.

I have a PL-550 and I dont think that it is a bad performer. I think it
is a pretty good performer for sw. You get images here and there, but for
the most part, it is a good radio. It has many nice features and the
audio quality us outstanding for a portable. The only place that it is
really lacking is on medium wave. Other then that, I like it a lot.

How does your new PL-350 do with image rejection and on medium wave ??? Is
the audio quality as good as on the PL-550 ???

Michael

Old March 14th 05, 05:31 PM
RHF

For One and All,
=2E
Here Is More Than You Wanted To Know
ABOUT - The Tecsun PL-350 Radio
=2E
Tecsun PL-350 Radio "Image" webpage.
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/produ=C2=AD...ges/PL-350.jpg
=2E
Tecsun PL-350 Radio
"Knobs and Buttons" {Controls and Functions) webpage.
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/manual/PL350/images/350.jpg
=2E
Tecsun PL-350 Radio "Product" webpage in Chinese.
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/product/pl350/mainpl350-1.htm
http://translate.google.com/translat...sun.com.cn%2F=
product%2Fpl350%2Fmainpl350-1.htm&langpair=3Dzh-CN%7Cen&hl=3Den&ie=3DUTF-8&=
oe=3DUTF-8&prev=3D%2Flanguage_tools

=E2=96=A0 PL350 has been the German fresh engineer summarizes the for many
years number =E8=B0=83=E6=9C=BA design experience, and listens to the domes=
tic and
foreign radios amateur's precious suggestion carefully designs becomes
=E2=96=A0 this machine outward appearance is exquisite, the function are
many, the operation is simple, the sensitivity is high, the selectivity
is good, the timbre is exquisite, may listen to the frequency
modulation stereo sound with the earphone
=E2=96=A0 is equipped with the high / center / low 3 grades of sensitivities
control, facilitates receives the good broadcasting station program
under the different environment
=E2=96=A0 the frequency modulation / short-wave band is equipped with the
best sensitivity =E8=B0=83=E8=8A=82=E6=97=8B=E9=92=AE
=E2=96=A0 center / the short-wave band used the 450/455kHz variable
intermediate frequency technology, greatly enhanced the anti- mirror
image frequency disturbance the ability
=E2=96=A0 may automatically search and the memory frequency modulation and
the medium wave broadcasting station program (the ATS function)
When =E2=96=A0 listens to the news / music different program, may use the
high / bass switch adjustment acoustic fidelity
=E2=96=A0 the medium wave / FM broadcast may establish the world various
countries local standard: The FM wave band may establish covers
87-108mHz (suits national FM service pattern and so on the China, North
America and Europe) or establishes 76-108mHz/ the Japanese FM service
pattern (may listen to our country partial campus broadcast /
=E7=94=B5=E8=A7=86=E4=BC=B4=E9=9F=B3); =E4=B8=AD=E6=B3=A2=E6=AE=B5 the freq=
uency step enters may establish 9kHz
or 10 kHz (North America medium wave service pattern)
=E2=96=A0 this machine harmonious precision high: The frequency modulation
reaches as high as 0.01mHz, center / the short wave is 1kHz
=E2=96=A0 has many kinds of harmonious elects the way: =E6=89=8B=E5=8A=A8=
=E6=90=9C=E7=B4=A2,
automatic search, direct input broadcasting station frequency or search
memory address
=E2=96=A0 this machine used the multi- functions numerical code type flying
shuttle knob, serviceable established the clock, the adjustment
frequency, the address and the page =E9=9D=A2=E6=95=B0, you also might at w=
ill open
/ close this knob the accent static chirp function.
=E2=96=A0 this machine may wilfully save reaches 550 broadcasting stations
frequencies, also for a long time does not electrify also does not lose
remembers its tendency minute page memory pattern is extremely flexible
practical: This machine fixes the P0 page for remembers 50 broadcasting
stations frequencies; You may act according to individual affection,
other 500 memories address, divides into 10 page of X50, 20 page of
X25, 25 page of X20 or 50 page of X10 memory contact surface,
facilitates you stores up the memory each kind of different
broadcasting station frequency according to the different page /
address pattern
=E2=96=A0 this machine may establish 12 or 24 hours clocks demonstration
service pattern, open machine after simultaneously demonstrates the
time sum frequency rate
=E2=96=A0 the creative intelligent sleep automatic pass machine function, y=
ou
may according to individual custom resetting automatic pass machine
time length
=E2=96=A0 may establish fixed time automatically open machine after listens
to you assigns the frequency the broadcasting station program
=E2=96=A0 the many kinds of at night illuminates the pattern, and is equipp=
ed
with the at night operates the automatic illumination function
=E2=96=A0 uses 3 R6 (5) the battery power supply
=E2=96=A0 inside set at the entire automatic pulse width =E6=81=92=E6=B5=81=
=E5=85=85=E7=94=B5=E7=94=B5=E8=B7=AF,
might examine the charge battery capacity size which the battery peak
voltage, could act according to again uses, automatically established
=E5=85=85=E7=94=B5=E6=97=B6=E9=97=B4, filled =E8=87=AA=E5=81=9C, on the LCD=
screen as necessary
demonstrated =E5=85=85=E7=94=B5=E6=97=B6=E9=97=B4 and the voltage height
=E2=96=A0 stochastically forwards as an enclosure the high quality stereo
sound earphone, 3 1100 milliampere / o'clock nickel hydrogens charge
battery, outside the DC-06 voltage-stabilized source, the short wave
meets the antenna and finely guarantees the protective covering.
=2E . . . . . . . .
Tecsun PL-350 Radio - Technical Specification :
http://translate.google.com/translat...sun.com.cn%2F=
product%2Fpl350%2Fmainpl350-1.htm&langpair=3Dzh-CN%7Cen&hl=3Den&ie=3DUTF-8&=
oe=3DUTF-8&prev=3D%2Flanguage_tools

1=2E Frequency range
Frequency modulation (FM)
Standard frequency cover: 87.00 ~ 108.00 MHz
May establish suits the campus broadcast / Japan scope: 76.00 ~ 108.00
MHz
Medium wave (MW)
Asia, Africa and Europe: 522 ~ 1620 kHz
May establish the American / Canada: 520 ~ 1710kHz
Short wave (SW) 1711 ~ 29999 kHz
Rice wave band frequency range (kHz)
120m 2250 - 2550
90m 3150 - 3450
75m 3850 - 4050
60m 4700 - 5100
49m 5800 - 6300
41m 7100 - 7500
31m 9400 - 10000
25m 11500 - 12150
22m 13500 - 13900
19m 15000 - 15900
16m 17450 - 18000
15m 18850 - 19100
13m 21450 - 21950
11m 25600 - 26100
=2E
2=2E Harmonious step enters
Frequency modulation (FM) quick 1.0/0.1 slow 0.1/0.01 MHz
Medium wave (MW)
Asia, Africa and Europe: Quick 100/9 slow 9/1 kHz
American / Canada: Quick 100/10 slow 10/1 kHz
Short wave (SW) quick 100/5 slow 5/1 kHz
3=2E Memory broadcasting station frequency quantity 550
4=2E Chirp limits the sensitivity
The frequency modulation (FM) (S/N=3D30dB) surpasses 3 mu V
The medium wave (MW) (S/N=3D26dB) surpasses 1mV/m
The short wave (SW) (S/N=3D26dB) surpasses 20 mu V
5=2E Amplitude modulation single signal selectivity: =C2=B15k when surpasses
28dB =C2=B17k when surpasses 45dB
6=2E Power source
Stochastic charge battery (QN1100m) 3 R6 (5) battery
External power supply (DC-06)
7=2E Machine inside speaker 16 Omega 0.25w
8=2E Outside meets earphone 32 Omega
9=2E Size approximately 141x87x28 mm
10. Weight approximately 350g (does not contain battery)
Product standard number: Q/DS 1-2003
Marking registration =E5=A4=87=E6=A1=88 number: 441900 33-187
=2E . . . . . . . .
Tecsun PL-350 Radio "Instruction Book" {Owner's Manual} webpage.
http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...8&langpair=3D=
zh-CN%7Cen&u=3Dhttp://www.tecsun.com.cn/manual/index.htm&prev=3D/language_t=
ools

http://216.239.39.104/translate_c?hl...TF-8&langpair=
=3Dzh-CN%

* * * CLICK-ON the English Titled Owner's Manual Sections in the
Left-Column
NOTE : Deposit-and-Withdrawal Broadcasting Station =3D "Station
Memories"
=2E . . . . . . . . .
Tecsun PL-350 High performance numeral harmonious =E5=85=A8=E6=B3=A2=E6=AE=
=B5 stereo
sound radio
Three (3) Views with Large Images of the Tecsun PL-350 Radio
http://www.tecsun.com.cn/product/pl350/mainpl350-3.htm
=2E=20
mtywtk ~ RHF=20
=2E=20
=2E

Tecsun PL-230 (Grundig YB-550) Review (NEW RADIO) Judah Smith Shortwave 10 October 7th 05 02:32 PM
KA1102 vs. Sangean 606 vs. Tecsun PL230 Juan Gonzalez Shortwave 7 September 17th 04 04:18 AM
Tecsun PL-550 lsmyer Shortwave 3 July 12th 04 02:35 PM
Grundig S350 'Super Radio' Tecsun BCL-2000 [Was: Tecsun BCL-2000 Preview (Grundig S350) Gary Shortwave 1 February 16th 04 11:16 PM
TECSUN PL-230 / GRUNDIG YB-550 Anyone have one? Tell me about it. Judah Smith Shortwave 0 December 17th 03 06:14 AM