Old April 3rd 05, 02:59 PM
David

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:50:31 -0500, dxAce

UTC is the same as GMT.(some folks call it Zulu) I live in the CTZ
(Central Time Zone) and I have always known London is six hours ahead of
my time zone.Right now,it is (keep in mind,by the time I finish typing
this and send and by the time it shows up at rec.radio.shortwave,the
time will be a little later) 4:30 PM CTZ and it is 10:30 PM GMT.

At the moment though, London itself is 7 hours ahead of you, which has nothing
to do with GMT.

When you set your clock ahead tonight, (assuming you do) then London time will
then indeed be 6 hours ahead of you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You sure about that Ace? I'm in Pacific and Zulu is 7 hours ahead of
me.

Old April 3rd 05, 03:02 PM
David

On 2 Apr 2005 13:25:30 -0800, "John S." wrote:

Yes, people do work with their hands for a living. Presumably a
blacksmith would not have need to tell time in 3 zones at one time and
would remove any watch, electronic or mechanical. I know guys that
golf with their automatic watch with no ill effect. Most of us who
work with our hands but in less strenuous activities should not have to
worry about their watch failing. And since the original thread asked
about a 24 hour watch for swling, I'm still not clear how a G rating
would come into play.

David wrote:
On 2 Apr 2005 09:39:10 -0800, "John S." wrote:

I do have to ask...why are you asking about the number of G's a

watch
could withstand...is there some relevance to keeping track of time

for
swling or internatonal travel?

Some people work with their hands for a living.

The point is that a virtually indestructable, impeccably accurate,
perpetually powered, and foolproof to read timepiece can be had for 75
clams. And it shows 2 time zones at once in 24 hour format.

It's a digital world.

Old April 3rd 05, 03:05 PM
dxAce

David wrote:

On Sat, 02 Apr 2005 17:50:31 -0500, dxAce

UTC is the same as GMT.(some folks call it Zulu) I live in the CTZ
(Central Time Zone) and I have always known London is six hours ahead of
my time zone.Right now,it is (keep in mind,by the time I finish typing
this and send and by the time it shows up at rec.radio.shortwave,the
time will be a little later) 4:30 PM CTZ and it is 10:30 PM GMT.

At the moment though, London itself is 7 hours ahead of you, which has nothing
to do with GMT.

When you set your clock ahead tonight, (assuming you do) then London time will
then indeed be 6 hours ahead of you.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

You sure about that Ace? I'm in Pacific and Zulu is 7 hours ahead of
me.

Hey, DF... I was responding to Cuhulin... and he's in the CST zone.

Please try to pay even the slightest bit of attention.

You get back to me when you get both that and your meds figured out.

dxAce
Michigan
USA

Old April 3rd 05, 04:12 PM
David

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 10:05:12 -0400, dxAce
wrote:

David wrote:

[...]

So if Central is 6 hours behind Z, and Pacific is 7 hours behind Z,
what is Mountain?

Old April 3rd 05, 07:33 PM

Do a search for World International Time Zones www.dogpile.com I
have some old World Atlas books here and they show the international
time zones all over the World.Some of my old beat up shortwave radios do
too.
cuhulin

Old April 3rd 05, 08:02 PM
RM MS

Years ago, Radio Shack used to have a very good-looking silver-colored
watch and band that had an analog dial and a digital window (LCD) that
could be set independently. It worked great for just what you are
asking, I know because I bought one.

Old April 4th 05, 07:29 AM

Watchmakers cast nervous eye on mobile phone challenge.
www.newsalerts.com The article links to yahoo news.
cuhulin

Old April 4th 05, 07:31 AM

I will tell you which "london" is Rellevant to ME! Derry,Ireland.Derry
is Derry!
cuhulin

Old April 4th 05, 05:35 PM
John S.

Actually the display is a numeric analog display....