Old April 30th 05, 04:41 AM
running dogg

Li.Changchun wrote:

That they're owned by the CCP, or that they make crap? You don't KNOW
that they make garbage, since you refuse to test drive a Chinese made
radio.

I have personally owned exactly two Tecsun SW radios each were baught in
China.
They both have been thrown in the trash after self-distructing in short
order.
I have had the opportunity to use both the 1102 and the 1103 side by side
for several weeks comparing them to my Sony's.

What models were the Tecsuns?

All you have is second hand reporting to rely on.

Ha! You know absolutely nothing of my experience with portables
You don't need to buy one to have experience with one. You just
need to have friends.

A wise man once said: "You cannot learn how to ride a bike by reading a
book about bike riding."

What you REALLY
don't like is that your archnemesis is making radios that thousands of
people are buying and using. You can't admit to yourself that the CCP is
putting Sony out of the SW market.

Two points.
1) Making cheap copies of existing designs does nothing for the portable
radio genre.
It simply DOES put qualitry "free world" radio designers and manufacturers
out of business.

How are Degen and Tecsun radios cheap copies of Western radios? I
remember when the Soviets used to copy American design, and the copies
looked a whole lot like the originals because the Soviets would steal
the American plans and copy them direct. I see no evidence that Degen
and Tecsun has done the same with radios.

2) The fact that they are made by a Communist government owned company bent
on monopolizing GLOBAL manufacturing (in many areas) and are greatly
accelerating
their military capability with those profits (at the expense of peasant
labor) should be
of great concern to everyone.

Remember that the CCP could not monopolize global manufacturing if
American and Japanese companies didn't go along. It's simply cheaper to
make nearly everything in China than anywhere else on the globe.

Hell, 50 years ago "made in Japan"
meant junk.

Japan makes some of the most advanced IC chips in the world. Ask the US
military.
Japan is not a Communist country and their labor rates are fair. They
compete
nicely with Ford, GM, Dodge, thank you.

50 years ago, Japan's labor rates were rock bottom, and Japan put most
American electronics manufacturers out of business in five years. Japan
is now the one suffering as companies go to China, today's rock bottom
labor market. What will be the rock bottom labor market of 2055?

Now you're complaining because there's a new player on the
scene, and it's somebody who's politics you don't like. Too ****ing bad.

"Too f**king bad"? Showing your colours today?

What does that mean?

Just because the CCP is making SW radios does not automatically mean
that the radios are junk, or if they are that they will remain junk, or
that the radios are evil.

Compared to any Sony SW radio they are ALL in fact J*U*N*K.

The CCP radios sell for $50; the Sony sells for $150. Two different
classes of radio.

Get off your high horse and come down into the
real world.

The real world awaits for you in Beijing as they plan and build the tools to
use your sons and daughters as cannon fodder.

Last I checked, there are no Americans in the People's Liberation Army.
You're getting ahead of yourself again.

I'm not being dishonest. Compare the two radios yourself and then

judge.
The 7600 is better than your Kaito - Period.

That may be so, but Degen is winning in the most important test-the
capitalist marketplace. The best product, or the most politically
correct product, does not always win. Remember Beta videotapes?

In what sense does Beta tapes have ANY analogy to SW radios?
You use an single example of which occured DECADES ago.
Your logic is beginning to unwind.

Only in your head. The analogy is that the best product is not always
the product that makes it big in the market. VHS was inferior to Beta,
yet VHS beat Beta. Sony is better than Tecsun, but Tecsun is winning
because people all over the world are buying Tecsun radios, more than
Sony radios.

The only way that Degen can sell radios in the US is strickly based on
price.
They win by various unscupulous methods. Including subsidizing their State
Owned Enterprises, dumping, extremely low wages and simply making copies
of existing technology.

China does have extremely low wages, that's why the world's
manufacturing capability has moved there.

Degens overall performance is mediocre compared to the Sony's. Sony SW
radio's
have always been expensive. But it is justified because they ALWAYS added
significant design improvements with every major new model release. What so
specially different between the 1102 and 1103? A stupid fake analog
display?
Woo hoo, get that lipstick out.

Significant design improvements? More like different designs for the
needs of different segments of SWL. The 1102 is for a different segment
of the CHINESE DOMESTIC MARKET than the 1103.

Sony produced the 2010 how long ago now? 20 years? The SW77 10+

years?
The SW55 10+ years? The SW100, what, 8 years ago? The SW07, 5 years?
These are all the best portable models ever produced in their class.
Designed many years
ago. There isn't a single SW radio EVER "designed" by a Chinese

company
that even comes close to the "total" performance of any of the above

"old"
Sony's
in the same price class - Period.

What's the matter old twit, you can't face the above FACTS!?

The Degen/Tecsun radios are NOT in the same class as the Sonys! Sonys
have been more expensive, appealing to a different market than the 1102.

You claimed that the 1102 would have a "scheduled self-lobotomy". Now
you're backtracking and talking about performance instead of quality.

Your 1102 will be long gone before my 7600's are.
No backtracking here ol' boy.

Now you're talking quality again. You're making my head spin.

Let's review: You said that the Degen would have a "scheduled
self-lobotomy". Then you said that it couldn't beat the PERFORMANCE of
the Sony. Now you're saying that the 7600 will be around for far longer
than the 1102. Quality, performance, quality. You're the John Kerry of
rrs.

You're bobbing and weaving to prop up your hatred of the CCP, and THAT
is dishonest. Just admit that you view Chinese radios as inherently evil
because the CCP makes them, and that you're ****ed because the rest of
us don't share your blind hate. That would be honest.

You can lead a horse to water...

????

And you want to tell me what about the 7600GR?
ploink

The truth hurts, huh? You are so blinded by your hate of the CCP that
you won't admit that they make radios that people all over the world are
happy with.

The facts speak for themselves. Hopefully you don't blind yourself.

So far, your "facts" have been found wanting.

When somebody says they like Degen or Tecsun radios, you
accuse them of being commies. You did it to me. You don't have a leg to
stand on in this debate, and the only thing driving your hate of Degen
radios is your hate of the CCP.

Start from the beginning are re-read what I have said two or three times.
Maybe then you will get it through your thick stupid skull.

You use two radios that went bad and generalize that to ALL Chinese
radios?

I think he's now been exposed as a fraud. My Kaito picks up very well
with just the whip antenna. Shortwave is great, BBC comes in clear as
a bell. Many features on this radio.

ROTFLMAO!

You don't know, really. A little red birdie told you that CCP made
radios are junk. Then you selectively pick two of them and say that
they're junk.

Old May 3rd 05, 04:35 PM
RM MS

spinny wrote:"Shortwave is great, BBC comes in clear as a bell."

Hell, BBC comes in clear as a bell on my friggin' TOASTER!! Big Deal.