Old July 18th 05, 04:50 PM
Wouff Hong

"Nic. Santean" wrote in news:dbbngi$jv0$1
@domitilla.aioe.org:

Hello All,

As the subject shows, my question is "What is the best shortwave portable
ever ?".

Nic.

I vote Panasonic RF-2200.

Old July 18th 05, 08:02 PM
John S.

Nic. Santean wrote:
Hello All,

As the subject shows, my question is "What is the best shortwave portable
ever ?".

Nic.

Well, since the rules for "best" are wide open, I will take that to
mean the portable that gave me the most listening enjoyment.

Probably the most enjoyable as an armchair receiver was the Panasonic
RF-5000b.

It was Panasonic's luggable answer to the Zenith TO and Sony=AD World
Orbiter. It was large, heavy around 22 pounds with an absolute=ADly
wonderful audio. The polished metal and black case was wood=AD lined,
and the resulting sound was delightfully mellow.

It had four antennas, selectable filters (narrow was mechani=ADcal), agc

control, bfo, multiple bandswitches across the top and backl=ADighting
for individual bands as selected. With a mortgage one could=AD power it

with batteries. Otherwise a switchable voltage power supply=AD did the
trick.

It was no dx machine, but BBC symphonies sounded great. Of =ADcourse
audio on AM and FM were superb. With a bfo switch it was po=ADssible to

decode ssb. Finding a specific station on the ham bands was
hit-or-miss and a challenge. But the intent of this delight=ADful
monster was armchair listening to broadcast stations.

Sensitivity when new was not great by todays standards, and=AD 30 years
had probably taken its toll on electronics. Still it was a =ADjoy to
use for 5 years.

Old July 20th 05, 07:11 AM
Louis M. Mandela

Well,

I have had a YB 400Pe for a few years and I bought the Satellit 800
last week.

I put them side by side for a few hours and the YB 400 picked up
everything that the Satellit 800 picked up.

The 800 had better sound, but when I use headphones with the Grundig
it sounds just as good or better.

The 800 also seemed to hold on to signals that were coming and going a
little better.

Other than that I didn't notice any difference; except that the 800
costs about five times as much.

So I will take the Grundig YB400 PE any day.

On 18 Jul 2005 12:02:53 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Nic. Santean wrote:
Hello All,

As the subject shows, my question is "What is the best shortwave portable
ever ?".

Nic.

Well, since the rules for "best" are wide open, I will take that to
mean the portable that gave me the most listening enjoyment.

Probably the most enjoyable as an armchair receiver was the Panasonic
RF-5000b.

Applebees allows White Nationalists to terrorize African Americans,
their friends and families, and they refuse to pay damages to make
amends for the physical and psychological destruction that this home
grown terrorism causes in their restaurants.

From A wise non-biased Ultra Conservative Black Republican who hasn't lost his mind and
his ability to reason and think clearly about what is right for
America, and what is wrong.

White Supremacy is a Polar Bear from Hell
That eats away at African Americans intestines
Every waking moment of their lives
To remind them that the big lie about their being inferior to "whites"
Is accepted as Gospel truth by MOST of the Hellhound
white society that is destroying them.

Clyde

http://www.telebay.com/7777

Old July 20th 05, 01:36 PM
John S.

Nic. Santean wrote:
Hello All,

As the subject shows, my question is "What is the best shortwave portable
ever ?".

Nic.

Well, since the rules for "best" are wide open, I will take that to
mean the portable that gave me the most listening enjoyment.

Probably the most enjoyable as an armchair receiver was the Panasonic
RF-5000b.

Applebees allows White Nationalists to terrorize African Americans,
their friends and families, and they refuse to pay damages to make
amends for the physical and psychological destruction that this home
grown terrorism causes in their restaurants.

From A wise non-biased Ultra Conservative Black Republican who hasn't lost his mind and
his ability to reason and think clearly about what is right for
America, and what is wrong.

White Supremacy is a Polar Bear from Hell
That eats away at African Americans intestines
Every waking moment of their lives
To remind them that the big lie about their being inferior to "whites"
Is accepted as Gospel truth by MOST of the Hellhound
white society that is destroying them.

Clyde

Clyde or Louis or whatever your name is, why are you appending that
stuff after my name????

Old July 20th 05, 02:50 PM
Louis M. Mandela

Because I know deep down inside you are really a good white person.
You are not one of those millions who hate people of color, avoid them
socially, don't want to hire them for the better jobs even when they
are the best qualified, don't want you children dating, marrying, or
befriending them.

I know you feel that way because some of your neighbors told me that
you were a GOD like human. They said you are afraid to stand up and be
vocal about these things.

So I was just speaking for you. giving you a little boost in the right
direction.

Now you should have the courage to do research and continue to
increase your knowledge in an accurate manner, and rid your mind of
what is left of the junky, garbage programming that had been put in
your beautiful brain computer by your family and friends as you grew
up.

Peace.

Red Cross show how many innocent children have been destroyed by our
sanction in Iraq.

http://www.redcross.org/news/archives/2000/2-7-00.html

The greatest danger of American culture; is the rich and powerful's
belief in the necessity of roguery, deception, thieving,
and extreme violence as a means of human uplift.

GLOBAL AFRICAN PRESENCE: www.cwo.com/~lucumi/runoko.html

Morris Dees for PRESIDENT!! He is a GREAT White American Terrorist
fighter. http://archives.cnn.com/2000/LAW/09/....dees.profile/
www.splcenter.org/center/history/dees.jsp

US SANCTIONS ON IRAQ FROM 1991 TO 2000 HARMED MILLIONS OF INNOCENT
BABIES AND CHILDREN: www.redcross.org/news/archives/2000/2-7-00.html

American Global Roguery
www.zmag.org/zmag/articles/feb98herman.htm

Baby killing Pictures in Iraq: www.marchforjustice.com

Whites United to seek reparations for African Americans
www.reparationsthecure.com/

Nic. Santean wrote:
Hello All,

As the subject shows, my question is "What is the best shortwave portable
ever ?".

Nic.

Well, since the rules for "best" are wide open, I will take that to
mean the portable that gave me the most listening enjoyment.

Probably the most enjoyable as an armchair receiver was the Panasonic
RF-5000b.

Applebees allows White Nationalists to terrorize African Americans,
their friends and families, and they refuse to pay damages to make
amends for the physical and psychological destruction that this home
grown terrorism causes in their restaurants.

From A wise non-biased Ultra Conservative Black Republican who hasn't lost his mind and