Old August 7th 05, 05:48 PM
Brian Hill

"David" wrote in message
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 00:00:52 -0500, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

It's called sarcasm dave. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

B.H.

Old August 7th 05, 06:05 PM
David

On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:48:44 -0500, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

It's called sarcasm dave. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

B.H.

Now this one might be fun...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-VINTAGE-SHO...ayphotohosting

Old August 7th 05, 06:05 PM
John S.

wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

Don't think cheesy really applies to that radio. I understand it is
very well finished and the controls are precise for an analog radio and
smooth in operation. It would be fun to use, but the price of $3,000
puts it way outside of the realm of what I would call a user radio.
Someone who like Sony things will undoubtedly put it on a shelf. There
are numerous other radios with the same feel and reception ability for
far less.

Old August 7th 05, 06:06 PM

Now you said it! Cheech and Chong,some of my Heroes.
cuhulin

Old August 7th 05, 06:16 PM
Brian Hill

"David" wrote in message
news
On Sun, 7 Aug 2005 11:48:44 -0500, "Brian Hill"
wrote:

. ..
wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

It's called sarcasm dave. Geezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!

B.H.

Now this one might be fun...

http://cgi.ebay.com/NICE-VINTAGE-SHO...ayphotohosting

That's a neat little radio. The Philips are hard to come by in the states or
harder at least.

--
73 and good DX. B.H.
Brian's Radio Universe

Old August 7th 05, 06:18 PM
Brian Hill

"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

Don't think cheesy really applies to that radio. I understand it is
very well finished and the controls are precise for an analog radio and
smooth in operation. It would be fun to use, but the price of $3,000
puts it way outside of the realm of what I would call a user radio.
Someone who like Sony things will undoubtedly put it on a shelf. There
are numerous other radios with the same feel and reception ability for
far less.

Collector wise it's probably worth in the rang of $650-1000 but not $2500
B.H.

Old August 7th 05, 06:57 PM
John S.

Brian Hill wrote:
"John S." wrote in message
ups.com...

wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

B.H.

How so? Looks kind of cheesy to me.

Don't think cheesy really applies to that radio. I understand it is
very well finished and the controls are precise for an analog radio and
smooth in operation. It would be fun to use, but the price of $3,000
puts it way outside of the realm of what I would call a user radio.
Someone who like Sony things will undoubtedly put it on a shelf. There
are numerous other radios with the same feel and reception ability for
far less.

Collector wise it's probably worth in the rang of $650-1000 but not $2500
B.H.

I dunno....collectors seem to have a wide range of acceptable value
vbg.
I've seen the 320 fetch 2500 + on Ebay, the Panasonic RF9000 go for
close to $4k, Sony 6800 go for $1k, and so forth. All nice radios, but
collectors will bid one out of sight if it will complete a collection
or if it comes with all important goodies like original box,
instructions, hang tags, etc.

Old August 7th 05, 07:09 PM
David

On 7 Aug 2005 10:57:33 -0700, "John S." wrote:

I dunno....collectors seem to have a wide range of acceptable value
vbg.
I've seen the 320 fetch 2500 + on Ebay, the Panasonic RF9000 go for
close to $4k, Sony 6800 go for $1k, and so forth. All nice radios, but
collectors will bid one out of sight if it will complete a collection
or if it comes with all important goodies like original box,
instructions, hang tags, etc.

Collecting can easily become addiction.

Old August 7th 05, 07:14 PM
John S.

David wrote:
On 7 Aug 2005 10:57:33 -0700, "John S." wrote:

I dunno....collectors seem to have a wide range of acceptable value
vbg.
I've seen the 320 fetch 2500 + on Ebay, the Panasonic RF9000 go for
close to $4k, Sony 6800 go for $1k, and so forth. All nice radios, but
collectors will bid one out of sight if it will complete a collection
or if it comes with all important goodies like original box,
instructions, hang tags, etc.

Collecting can easily become addiction.

True, but the race to have a "complete perfect" one can get a little
out of hand....

Old August 7th 05, 08:11 PM
Bierbarrel

On Sun, 07 Aug 2005 05:11:11 GMT, m II wrote:

Brian Hill wrote:

This is a great deal!

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-CRF-320_W0Q...cmd ZViewItem

Yes, but will it hold up the far end of a two by four while I'm sawing? Will it
block up a car while I change a tire? Will it play eight track tapes? Does it
project a bat wing symbol onto the night sky?

If not, it's pretty well useless.

Just thought I'd warn the unwary...

mike

We can all see what Canucky Mike uses a radio for.