Old August 8th 05, 05:08 PM

I wouldn't touch them fast food joints with a million mile long pole.I
dont want to ruin my health.Whenever I eat out,I go to Crechale's
Rstaurant (best Seafood and Steaks in the World,Crechale's Restaurant is
famous for their food) on Highway 80 a couple of miles East of my couch
or to the Cherokee Inn Restaurant (great homestyle cooking and food) on
North State Street.Within a few miles radius of me,there are dozens of
fast food joints and I stay away from them.There are over 500 food
joints and restaurants in the Jackson metro area,only two of them I
prefer.
cuhulin

Old August 8th 05, 05:17 PM
Frank Dresser

"Telamon" wrote in message

And it's 1000% functional so that would make it 10 times better than new!

It looks pretty and in perfect shape but what makes this radio worth
$2,250? The CRF320 supposed to be an exceptional performer?

There's a school of thought which maintains that, no matter what foolish
price you paid for certain uptrendy priced radios, there will always be
somebody who will pay even more when the radio is resold. People who
believe such things can "invest" their meal money and home down payments
without worry.

Owning several Collins radios might constitue a nice retirement fund. Well,
that and a large supply of well-heeled future "investors" who really want to
own expensive old radios.

Frank Dresser

Old August 8th 05, 05:22 PM
John S.

I have been subscribing to and reading Antique Trader for many,many
years.Their website is www.antiquetrader.com I once read in
Antique Trader some antique toy boxes are worth more than the toys
themselves.Think about it,most people who bought toys many years ago
didn't bother to hang on to the boxes.That means the boxes are worth a
lot of money,of course that depends on what sort of condition the boxes
are in.Whether that holds true for radio boxes or not,the article did
not say.Actually,for something to be considered a real
antique,(according to Antique Trader) the item or items,must be at least
100 years old or older.
cuhulin

Yes, antique trader is interesting, I usually while away the time
reading a free one between bids at the auction house. I don't doubt
that boxes are important to some collectors - the toy guy on Antiques
Road show makes that point almopst every monday evening.

I do believe there are collectors for just about anything. Ice cream
scoops, electric fans, can openers, you name it. On the way to the
Delaware shore a few years back we stopped at McDonalds for a bite.
That was when the Beanie Baby craze was taking hold. There were people
standing in line to give repeat orders and to get a shot at one more
free little doll. That craziness went on for maybe 3 years? Supply
finally exceeded demand and the extraordinary behavior and madness of
the beanie baby crowd finally subsided.

Old August 8th 05, 06:04 PM

I always look at the toys at the Goodwill thrift store.(I am going there
in about an hour) Sometimes I find one or two collectible toys and
sometimes new toys that I just happen to like and I buy them.I own a
bunch of old electric fans,some of them are large table models and some
of them are much smaller table models,one of them is a very old brass
blade rare electric fan and they all still work just fine too.Those new
electric fans made in China fans nowdays aren't worth a hoot.The big old
electric fan that I am useing on the end table by the other end of my
couch is an old Hunter electric fan,it stll runs just as good as brand
new.It was made in Memphis,Tennessee,I think it dates back to the
1940's.I own a few old collectible icecream scoops too.Some of my old
toys date back to around 1900 or not much later than that.I like to
collect all kinds of very old things.I have been collecting old things
since I was a boy,I just can't throw good junk away.Some of those
ebayers would have fit if they saw my old collectible things.There is
one elderly woman in paticular who sells old things at a fleamarket in
the Jackson area (there are a bunch of fleamarkets around here) and she
wants to tour inside of my house so bad and she wants to buy my old
things at cheap prices (my old radios too,, NO SALE!,Vicky,I dont get
rid of my old things!) she has a kaniption fit! My old house is so full
of things,it's pathetic.
cuhulin

Old December 6th 05, 04:47 PM
Junior Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by John S.
Brian Hill wrote:

I'm holding my breath (and thousands of dollars) hoping another
Panasonic RF-9000 will appear with the relatively rare reefer option.
That option opened the back up and installed a small refrigeration unit
for cooling a six pack.
One just appeared on eBay...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MESE%3AIT&rd=1

Old December 6th 05, 10:55 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default Great deal! CRF-320

On Tue, 6 Dec 2005 16:47:26 +0000, extendtech
wrote:

John S. Wrote:
Brian Hill wrote:-
-

I'm holding my breath (and thousands of dollars) hoping another
Panasonic RF-9000 will appear with the relatively rare reefer option.
That option opened the back up and installed a small refrigeration
unit
for cooling a six pack.

One just appeared on eBay...

http://tinyurl.com/8cg6b

Eek. Why?

Old December 7th 05, 03:23 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
johnboy

HMMMM?

Thinking of doing the "buy it now"....would make a good rig for my
collection.

Thanks for the heads up ROFL!

"extendtech" wrote in message

John S. Wrote: