Old October 5th 05, 02:35 AM
Bob Miller

Default Advertising on Shortwave

On 4 Oct 2005 03:21:42 -0700, "NewsGuy" wrote:

It would be great if people wrote about their thoughts on advertising
on shortwave. How effective is it?

I've only heard the odd survivalist merchandise and shortwave parts
dealer advertising on shows. Are there others?

How can people know the number of listeners they have on shortwave?

Etc, etc...

Domestic broadcasts are fairly accurately measured in regard to how
many are listening and what their demographics are. I would imagine
there might be something similar for shortwave broadcasts, but I don't
know for sure. If you're considering buying time slots, I'd get in
touch with the station rep who sells the slots, and ask him/her what
numbers they can give you.

Basically, you want to match up your product to an audience that wants
to buy it. If you're paying for listeners who have no desire to buy
your product, you're wasting money.

Talk to the station rep. See what audience figures you can get.

bob
k5qwg

Old October 5th 05, 02:40 AM

Get a metal bucket,, get a metal top to lay on top of the bucket,,,
punch or drill a hole in the middle of the metal top,,, lay a little
smooth round pebble on top of the hole.Cut a piece of the top edge of
the bucket for a piece of metal pipe to be a close fit,,, get a clean
catch bucket,pan,whatever.Put water in the bucket.Set the bucket over a
fire.Safe drinking water will flow from the top of the bucket and down
through the pipe into the catch bucket,pan,whatever.It has worked
millions of times before for U.S.Military,it worked in our little 114th
Aviation Camps in Vietnam.
cuhulin

Old October 5th 05, 03:43 PM
Frank Dresser

"NewsGuy" wrote in message
oups.com...
It would be great if people wrote about their thoughts on advertising
on shortwave. How effective is it?

I've only heard the odd survivalist merchandise and shortwave parts
dealer advertising on shows. Are there others?

There are also ads carried along on a simulcast transmission of a regular
broadcast. For example, CFRX broadcasts CFRB's ads intended for the Toronto
area.

How can people know the number of listeners they have on shortwave?

For the stations, I suppose it's mostly guesswork based on QSL
requests/letters and surveys.

Etc, etc...

Old October 5th 05, 05:19 PM

betsey myers (nbc,or one of them Stupid alphabet tv channels) That
Commie B...H W...R! once phoned me aybout two years ygo.I said,,, Who is
this? her Commie B...H W...R! A.. said,his is betsey myers.I slammed my
phone down soooooo hard!!!! y'all could have heard it all over the
World!,, it was like Krackatoa!!! The nerve of that Commie B...H
Who.R!!!!!,,, betsey myers phoneing ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She better keep
her Commie B...H A.. OFF OF MY TELEPHONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cuhulin

Old October 5th 05, 05:26 PM

If any politicians ever phone you,,, use the Filthiestst Ditiestest
"language" (get some help from the gals on that) you can dream up and
Curse them OUT!!!
cuhulin