Old October 5th 05, 02:35 PM

Default Dr. Strange Love

Hollywood.Hollywood throws out those phoney movies about my home State
of Mississippi and everybody in the World believes every bit of those
phoney movies and phoney fiction books such as,gone with the wind.

Have Gunnnn,,, Will Travel,reads the Carddddd of a Mannnn,,,,,, (Fast
GUN for Hire) Paladinnn,,,,,, Paladinnn,,,,, wherrrre do you
roammm????,,,,, three sheets in the windddd and backkk againnnn,,,,,,
Paladin,,,
Have Gun,Will Travel.Richard Boone.Paladin.
cuhulin

Old October 5th 05, 10:28 PM
Casper Milquetoast

The "CRM-114 Discriminator" was a key component to the plot of the movie.
It was totally fictional.

Emergency Action Messages & Force Direction Messages in that era would
have been sent out over HF/SSB radio over several channels & from several
high-power radio stations located around the world, and the coded messages
would have been authenticated using a part of the message & data contained
aboard the B-52.

"SR" wrote in message
Hey gang, yall remember the movie Dr. Strange Love? Well, I was very
impress with the photography used in the inside of that aircraft.

I can not figure out how the top officer was able to send the (Doomsday)
signal to the aircraft. Then when they got the signal I remember seeing a
device with lots off number. I guess it was controled by a radio.

Somehow, the aircraft isolated all incoming signal. I guess that was part
of the procedure.

But wasn't their a way for the top officer or president to communicate
with the aircraft to put a stop to this?

I have not seen the movie in a while.

SR

Old October 5th 05, 10:32 PM
- -

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 23:11:30 -0400, SR wrote:

Hey gang, yall remember the movie Dr. Strange Love? Well, I was very
impress with the photography used in the inside of that aircraft.

I can not figure out how the top officer was able to send the (Doomsday)
signal to the aircraft. Then when they got the signal I remember seeing
a device with lots off number. I guess it was controled by a radio.

Somehow, the aircraft isolated all incoming signal. I guess that was
part of the procedure.

But wasn't their a way for the top officer or president to communicate
with the aircraft to put a stop to this?

I have not seen the movie in a while.

SR

The radio device is accurate... it was a CRM-114 discriminator....
the code was OPE - 491....

this device will not let ANY message or anything else thru to the
pilot unless it is preceded by the correct code sequence...

in this movie the President did not try to recall the plane... That
was a great flick called Fail-Safe with Henry Fonda as the Pres....
They got the russians to stop jamming so they could talk to the plane,
but they were beyond the point to accept verbal commands...

in Dr. Strangelove the radios were damaged from flak and they never
did get the correct recall code.

Great movie.... GREAT movie!
Old October 5th 05, 10:58 PM

Old crazy guy shot up all of them radios with that Tommy Gun in Doctor
Strange (I have seen some strange wimmins before in my day,, too strange
to talk about it) movie,didn't he?
cuhulin

Old October 6th 05, 01:38 AM
Al Dykes

In article ,
Dave Stewart wrote:
Hello, SR!
Check out this from the IMDB.com database on the film:

The U.S. Air Force would not allow Kubrik or his designers to see the
interior of a B-52 for security reasons. So, they were forced to look at a
photograph of a plane and extrapolate its interior based on that. Their
surmises were so accurate that after the film's release, the Air Force was
certain that they'd stolen classified information.

With best regards, Dave Stewart. E-mail:

Lots of good trivia about the movie here;

http://imdb.com/title/tt0057012/trivia

--
a d y k e s @ p a n i x . c o m

Don't blame me. I voted for Gore.

Old October 6th 05, 03:08 AM

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 16:32:03 -0500, - -
wrote:

[...]

Thanks for refreshing my memory on why no further comm's .........
heck, I own a copy of the movie so I guess it's time to watch it
again.

...........Heck, a guy could have a good time in Vegas ..............
or something like that.
Old October 6th 05, 04:47 AM

It was interesting, sure. Certainly from an historical perspective,
it's interesting to see how the nation lampooned the Cold War and
prevailing security dilemmas of the day. But all too often humor
doesn't tend to age so well. And a lot of the humor in that
movie..humor which may have been considered hilarious in that day and
age...is downright lame. Gen. Ripper's lines on "precious bodily
fluids" are particularly unfunny. I can't say that I thought too much
of Peter Sellers, either, for that matter. Of course, I'm not saying
that Peter Sellers was bad in this flick (it was not anything akin to
his downright awful performance in that horrendous abomination The
Party). By and large, I don't care for Peter Sellers movies, though.
Or 1960's comedy flicks in general.

Old October 6th 05, 07:36 AM

junjunius,,,,,, YOU are the one whom is LAME.Let me reach and cut the
light now,need to get my beauty sleep.Move over,Blueberry doggy.
cuhulin