Old October 31st 05, 02:20 PM

Default Grundig FR200

I can get WWV without even halfway trying.
cuhulin

Old October 31st 05, 05:47 PM
Mark Zenier

In article ,
homepc wrote:
I returned two of these radios.

I bought them to use at my office off battery power and just for AM
reception only. The FR200 runs forever off three AA batteries and the AM
reception is good. It's a cute little radio and the carry handle is really
handy. If you intend to hide this radio away for use in an emergency kit it
would probably be a very good choice. However after extended use, both
radios I had developed a noisy volume control that needed replacement
according to a Grundig service tech I spoke to. I didn't have an authorized
Grundig service depot close by, and I felt the postage expense to Toronto
for the warranty repair just wasn't worth it.

Every new piece of electronics I've obtained, that has a volume knob,
in the last 5 years has needed that treatment in just a few months.
Cheap crap. A shot of Nu-Trol (lubricating control cleaner) fixed my
FR200 right up. But it's a bit of a bitch to get at the damn thing.
As I remember, six screws on the back to get the case open, two of which
are under the serial number label. The knobs pull off, but it's bit
scary how hard you have to pull.

Mark Zenier

The Eton E1 XM Radio -=V=- Grundig Satellite 800 M [ Plus Some History ] RHF Shortwave 10 January 6th 05 04:56 AM
Grundig FR200 Tony Adams Shortwave 8 May 18th 04 06:25 AM
YB400PE [email protected] Shortwave 7 February 5th 04 12:34 PM
Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Radios that are offered World Wide under the Grundig Yacht Boy (YB) Brand Name RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:23 PM
Grundig Satellit 900 -=V=- Eton E1 XM Radio RHF Shortwave 5 February 5th 04 12:14 PM