Old December 17th 05, 11:19 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Nic. Santean

Default KAITO 1103 question

Thanks a lot for all info. If I may, I have a second question:

It seems that the units made after March 2005 are somehow
better than the earlier ones (in particular, they have several bugs
fixed). How can one tell the manufacturing date of a Kaito 1103 ?

Cordially,

Nic.

Old December 18th 05, 01:14 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
John S.

Nic. Santean wrote:
Thanks a lot for all info. If I may, I have a second question:

It seems that the units made after March 2005 are somehow
better than the earlier ones (in particular, they have several bugs
fixed). How can one tell the manufacturing date of a Kaito 1103 ?

Cordially,

Nic.

If you buy The Degen badged unit from Ebay seller Liypn he will state
that it was made after that date. Otherwise Universal Radio will sell
the Kaito badged unit and I believe they will state when it was made.
My experience with the other sellers of the Kaito units is that they
are not willing to say when it was made.

My recommendation is to go with Liypn on price - it is almost half the
Kaito model.

Old December 18th 05, 02:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

I have a little shirt pocket size Sony AM/FM Radio here,it is at least
fifteen or more years old and it has PLL,have to use ear buds to listen
though because it doesn't have a built in speaker.It pulls in long
distance supprisningly good and locks on to those stations really
good,never wavers at all.
cuhulin

Old December 18th 05, 02:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Look on the back of your tv set,you will probally see a month and year
date of manufacture.Some radios,hard to tell.Some of those older model
radios have at least a year of manufacture somewhere inside of the
radios.I never could figure out why radio manufacturers dont put the
year of manufacture on the back of those radios.TV sets are Radios with
pictures,so why not Radios?
cuhulin

Old December 18th 05, 04:07 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Maybe I will find a kaito at the Goodwill store someday.If they want
more than a dollar (actually,it depends on what kind of a mood them
wimmins over there are in) for it,I will walk off and leave it.
cuhulin

KAITO 1103 question John S. Shortwave 4 December 18th 05 11:38 PM
degan 1103 question Roger Shortwave 3 December 13th 05 06:44 AM
Kaito 1103 radio comments JS Shortwave 30 May 31st 05 03:15 AM
Opinions on Kaito 1103 The Axelrods Shortwave 9 March 12th 05 03:49 AM
Kaito WRX-911 quality control issues? Kevin Croxen Shortwave 16 December 9th 03 04:13 PM