Old March 18th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Default BBC Programs Heard on DC-area FM stations.

Screw brit biased commie bbc! Blueberry doggy,she is roundin up her
rubber monster squeaky doggy toys and her doggy chew ropes thingys and
drappin them down on my lap and by my hip on her couch.I have much more
important thingys to do now.Go Catch! Blueberry doggy!
cuhulin

Old March 18th 06, 11:23 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Them "experts" out there tickle the crap out of me.Get about 150 feet of
skinny wire and put it up outside as high as you can.You can't do any
better than that,,, unless you put up two 150 feets of wire so you can
have North/South and East/West direction.And select between which wires
you want to use by indepently unplugging and plugging into your
radio.Flying Tigers movie is on tv now.
cuhulin

Old March 19th 06, 01:43 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

Default (OT) : DaviD - As the Prime Example of a FASCIST Off-Topic In-Your-Face Poster

On 18 Mar 2006 16:35:20 -0800, "RHF"
wrote:

DaviD - Oops "fascist" You Lose & I Win ! ) ~ RHF

DaviD - As the Prime Example of a FASCIST Off-Topic
In-Your-Face Poster - 'you' must view everything as a
"slanted / left leaning / liberal" propaganda piece.

DaviD - 'you' Exemplify the Old Fascist Axiom :
"Repeat the Liberal Lies Long Enough and Loud Enough"
-and- pretty soon even the knowledgeable but doubting
masses of the peoples will start to believe in them . . .

DaviD - The Truth Will Set 'you' Free - Be Free ! ~ RHF
.
.

I think, in your case, something a little stronger may be necessary.
Thorazine or something...

Old March 19th 06, 03:38 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Ed wrote:

But it's not the only one. I like messing about with antennas and
software to improve reception/dsp on my Ten-Tec Rx-320. If I did not
enjoy that, I'd be more than happy with podcasts via WRN.

When it comes to SWL, process is as important as product.

What sort of software experiments have you done with the 320? I've used
one for a few years and any new twist in programming would be fun to
play with.

mike
Old March 19th 06, 02:09 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Paul_K5RT

Here in Dallas, KERA (90.1 FM) carries the BBC feed from local midnight
until morning when "All Things Considered" comes on.

Even if the "Beeb" has a somewhat liberal slant, its much better
listening than Art Bell's show, which seems to be carried by nearly
every AM station in the country trying to find something to drive its
tubes with during the middle of the night.

Paul

Old March 20th 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

David wrote:

On 19 Mar 2006 06:09:50 -0800, "Paul_K5RT" wrote:

Here in Dallas, KERA (90.1 FM) carries the BBC feed from local midnight
until morning when "All Things Considered" comes on.

Even if the "Beeb" has a somewhat liberal slant, its much better
listening than Art Bell's show, which seems to be carried by nearly
every AM station in the country trying to find something to drive its
tubes with during the middle of the night.

Paul

Tubes?

I was under the impression that most commercial transmitters used tubes.
I don't think a couple of 2n2222 transistors could handle a 50 KW output.

mike
Old March 20th 06, 04:37 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Telamon

In article ,
clifto wrote:

Telamon wrote:
Classical music is the best thing the public service stations around
here have in their favor. There is only one commercial station in LA
using the classical music format.

Around here they mainly do jazz, especially the college station WDCB.
It's wonderful.

There are a couple that are mostly jazz here also but I listen to them
very infrequently. Sometimes what they play is OK.

--
Telamon
Ventura, California
Old March 20th 06, 05:54 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
clifto

m II wrote:
I was under the impression that most commercial transmitters used tubes.
I don't think a couple of 2n2222 transistors could handle a 50 KW output.

AFAIK there are solid state high-power transmitters out there.

--
All relevant people are pertinent.
All rude people are impertinent.
Old March 20th 06, 01:12 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
David

On Mon, 20 Mar 2006 03:41:16 GMT, m II wrote:

David wrote:

On 19 Mar 2006 06:09:50 -0800, "Paul_K5RT" wrote:

Here in Dallas, KERA (90.1 FM) carries the BBC feed from local midnight
until morning when "All Things Considered" comes on.

Even if the "Beeb" has a somewhat liberal slant, its much better
listening than Art Bell's show, which seems to be carried by nearly
every AM station in the country trying to find something to drive its
tubes with during the middle of the night.

Paul

Tubes?

I was under the impression that most commercial transmitters used tubes.
I don't think a couple of 2n2222 transistors could handle a 50 KW output.

mike

The only stations that still use tubes for AM are the poorer ones.

http://www.broadcast.harris.com/prod...u=WWWDX25U50AM

http://www.nautel.com/xr50.aspx