Old May 3rd 06, 03:08 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

Default S350 - same cheap junk as Tecsun/Eton BCL-2000,3000 !

John S.,

"My take on the S350 is that it is a good looking AM/FM radio
that also has shortwave coverage. It delivers good sounding
reasonably loud audio from non-DX broadcasts and uses just
enough controls to get the job done."

Good assessment of a basic AM/FM Radio
that is enjoyable to listen to. ~ RHF
Old May 3rd 06, 03:14 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

SWF,

So You open up the Radio and "Void" the Warranty.

You "Stripe" the Case Screws and Damage the Radio.

Then "Return" the Radio that You have Junked to the Store.

Your 'report' tells me a lot about YOU and it ain't good ~ RHF
Old May 3rd 06, 03:41 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

David wrote:

The point is that you cannot tell a good radio by how much it weighs.

Maybe not radios, but that technique is a lot better than guessing when
it comes to old stereo receivers with REAL transformers and heat sinks
in them.

mike
Old May 3rd 06, 04:13 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
SWL-2010

"John S." wrote in message
oups.com...

Oh, and taking the back off, and then cracking it while screwing it back
before returning it is pretty tacky IMO. Someome else will probaly buy

it
after you experimented on it. That sucks.

I think you may have hit on something. This guy takes the radio apart
and is clumsy enough to break the case when reassembling it. So he
returns the radio, doesn't tell the seller about the damage and gets a
full refund. I think his overly long diatribe against this radio is
little more than self-justification for what amounts to petty theft by
returning something he damaged for a refund.

I agree.

This is the same kind of guy that stole the battery cover from an Eton
E10 at my local radio shack.

Thats a dirty trick.

He truly has no sense of responsibility for hs own actions.

I don't like people like that, not one bit. Another person will come in the
store, put down his hard earned money and end up with this guys experiment
gone bad. It's not only dishonest, but as inconsiderate as it gets. To be
honest, things like that really steam me.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:18 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
toTaLhAt

On 2 May 2006 19:18:26 -0700, "John S." wrote:

Oh, and taking the back off, and then cracking it while screwing it back
before returning it is pretty tacky IMO. Someome else will probaly buy it
after you experimented on it. That sucks.

I think you may have hit on something. This guy takes the radio apart
and is clumsy enough to break the case when reassembling it. So he
returns the radio, doesn't tell the seller about the damage and gets a
full refund. I think his overly long diatribe against this radio is
little more than self-justification for what amounts to petty theft by
returning something he damaged for a refund.

This is the same kind of guy that stole the battery cover from an Eton
E10 at my local radio shack.

He truly has no sense of responsibility for hs own actions.

I handled a unit at the store and it did feel cheap. I think $100 is
way too much or our expectations have really gotten low.

Old May 3rd 06, 04:28 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
m II

Default S350 - same cheap communist Chinese junk as Tecsun/Eton BCL-2000,3000!

SWL-2010 wrote:

"John S." wrote in message
[...]

You guys amaze me. How many of you can honestly say that YOU have
*never* done anything bad..such as sending seventeen million vials of
microbially contaminated Polio Vaccine to Third World countries because
it was too much of a pain to restock it?

We ALL do it...and by gosh I am HAPPY to keep supporting the Bush
business incentives plan in the Middle East. His actions certainly make
ME prosper and isn't that what it's all about?

mike (I got mine) II

Old May 3rd 06, 08:26 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
RHF

M II - Wow ! - Don't Go Can-A-Duha-ian on Us !

Going from Trashing a Radio and Returning it to the
Store to "sending seventeen million vials of microbially
contaminated Polio Vaccine to Third World countries"
is really going off the deep-end of "linkage" in the Relative
Degrees of two completely different types of Crimes
from what would be considered a minor crime against
property and a Major Criminal Act directed at People.

Now had you tried linking "sending seventeen million
vials of microbially contaminated Polio Vaccine to
Third World countries" to Bill Clinton as Governor
Of Arkansas sending Aids Tainted Blood to Canada
as two relatively equal Major Crimes - Then that
would be a reasonable comparison.

remember we are simply talking about a $100 radio ~ RHF
Old May 3rd 06, 02:54 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

Hey bud, I didn't strip the screws, and ther eis no sela to void the
warrenty ! Screw you !

Old May 3rd 06, 03:00 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

The point of all this nonsense, is that the S350 is a cheap piece of
crap, and
all of you know it, through your nasty, personal comments ! This looks
like the typical out-of-control group - enjoy your super-duper S350s !
Oh,
don't drop your S350s, or they may shatter !

Old May 3rd 06, 03:06 PM posted to rec.radio.shortwave