Old May 7th 06, 05:56 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank

Default FS: G.E. Superadio II

Excellent condition. Very clean. Works perfectly. Well known as the best of
the Superadio series for MW DXing.

Price is $75.00 shipped in CONUS....

Old May 7th 06, 06:07 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave

$75.00 wayyyyyy toooo much.I will give you five dollars for it and you
pay the shipping fee.
cuhulin

Old May 9th 06, 04:49 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Frank

Default No longer for sale

The Superadio II is no longer for sale....

"Frank" wrote in message
. com...
By the way, The Superadio II that I had for sale didn't NEED and
alignment. I'm having it done just to make it better than it already is!!

Frank

"Frank" wrote in message
. com...
Check out the reviews below:

http://www.transistor.org/collection/ge/ge19.html

BEST PORTABLE RADIOS FOR MW DX

1. Sony ICF-2010 --- Still the one. After years of production, the
2010 still sits atop the mountain of MW DX portables. Unmatched in
features and performance important to MW DXers. In dozens of
side-by-side tests with numerous portables, the 2010 always comes out
smiling. Filter options and mods available are a plus.

2. C. Crane CCRadio --- Usually a close second to the 2010 in
side-by-side tests of sensitivity (some users report equal or better
sensitivity than the 2010). Selectivity quite good for domestic (i.e.,
10 kHz spacing) DX; needs a filter mod for split-frequency DX. Doesn't
have the sometimes helpful features of the 2010 (e.g., synchro; ECSS).
There is apparently some variability in samples (common among portables)
that result in differences of opinion regarding this radio. Still, of
the three I've seen, all performed extremely well, especially after
alignment. Early reports of the new CCRadio Plus suggest that it may be
better than the original.

3. Panasonic RF-2200 --- This discontinued, 1970's era analog radio
remains a marvel of engineering. From its raw sensitivity on MW to its
rotating "gyro" AM antenna to its two selectivity bandwidths, the RF-2200
is one of my favorites for MW DX. The only analog portable I've ever
seen that gives 10 kHz read-out on MW (except for the Barlow-Wadley
XCR-30 (which isn't very good on MW)). Audio is also very pleasing.
Note that MW band coverage stops at 1600 kHz.

4. GE Superadio I or II --- The first two of the popular Superadio
series and easily the best. Excellent construction quality with separate
circuit boards for different stages, a high-quality variable capacitor
(vice tuning diodes), etc. Superb sensitivity on MW and excellent
selectivity for domestic DX. Coverage stops at 1600 kHz though and dial
read-out is coarse. Best audio of any portable. Long discontinued.

Old May 10th 06, 01:15 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

Default Superadio II Reviews

"switcher" wrote in message
if you had the pana 65rfd, where would it fit in ???

And yes, I have an old Grundig Yachtboy, and I can hear a station on
1602, where the sony gives ... (synt ?) noise .... How's that ??
It looks like the select on the grundig is very nice too, I can seperate
weak 738/RFI-Paris from strong 747am.nl easily, while on the sony I hear
more noise ...

The grundig is from the seventies ...

location Vleteren, Belgium

with a loop, I can receive Beromunster, Rennes, Flensburg, ireland
during DAYTIME...

I have one of Grundig's best radios from the 60's. The US model name is
Transistor 1000. I think it was the Satellit 305 or something like that in
Europe. I like the radio so much that when I ended up selling my original
one in 1980, I vowed to find another. I've never had a better radio for FM,
and all the other bands are fantastic as well.

Old May 10th 06, 01:24 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Jim Hackett

I have one that is not the best looking one around by far, but fully
functional that I picked up at my flea mkt a few years back for $10.
I couldn't believe the amount of bass that pours out of that portable. On
FM, it puts my Sat-800 to shame.
Brenda, what did you end up doing with those square speakers I sent you a
year or 2 ago? I had intended to put one in my Sat 800. They look like a
match made in heaven. Never got around to it though...

Old May 10th 06, 07:21 AM posted to rec.radio.shortwave
Brenda Ann

"Jim Hackett" wrote in message
t...
I have one that is not the best looking one around by far, but fully
functional that I picked up at my flea mkt a few years back for $10.
I couldn't believe the amount of bass that pours out of that portable. On
FM, it puts my Sat-800 to shame.
Brenda, what did you end up doing with those square speakers I sent you a
year or 2 ago? I had intended to put one in my Sat 800. They look like a
match made in heaven. Never got around to it though...

Jim,

I still have all four of them, never installed into anything. Actually, they
are so inefficient that it takes about 15 watts or so to drive them, and I
just haven't had anything short of a home stereo that would do them any
justice. Doubt your Sat 800 would drive them very well.